CM4Sci

2013 Galaxy Squad

These all look so nice, still not much good exterminator equipment for the red team though. I guess the orange, blue, and green guys will come to their rescue if need be. Would anyone like to see a Galaxy Squad tv show or movie? I know I would really dig something like that.

Would anyone like to see a Galaxy Squad tv show or movie? I know I would really dig something like that.

I'm with you there. Even just a 30 minute special like they did with Atlantis would be cool.

Kalhiki

My pick of the litter here is the Hive Crawler. Just the size and look of the crawler is amazing, plus according to some videos I've seen its legs move when it rolls on the ground. The Mech looks stunning as well. Oh my, my wallet is crying between this and the Lord of the Rings sets. Granted, the only GS set I have is the Swarm Interceptor, and from that set alone I fell in love with this theme.

A mini-movie, Atlantis-style would be perfect for Galaxy Squad. It would be nice to see a sci-fi theme get some attention for once.

I can't stand the alien sets at all, none of them seem to be space based (AKA in the "air"). I wish there were more space ship types for the humans too. I do love that dark and azure blue drop ship, but I don't want anything else in the set, and not spending $120 for it.

I'm with you there. Even just a 30 minute special like they did with Atlantis would be cool.

Kalhiki

Agreed, and it'd hopefully give some more publicity to GS.

The best looking mecha definitely go to 70707 CLS-89 Eradicator Mech! Very nice sets for the second half.

I can't stand the alien sets at all, none of them seem to be space based (AKA in the "air"). I wish there were more space ship types for the humans too. I do love that dark and azure blue drop ship, but I don't want anything else in the set, and not spending $120 for it.

That's good, because the set isn't $120.

It´s not a drop ship. It´s a giant tank with a disconnecting spaceship plus a small alien base and a centipede-like creature.

I like to see that the Blue Team has edged out the Orange team for title of best vehicle! I don't much like the Creeper, but Chuck's vehicle looks really cool. The biggest problem I have with the Crater Creeper is that the rubber band for the "snapping jaws" function is so blatantly out there. I wonder if the transparent red piece on the abdomen opens for capture/storage? The Hive Crawler is amazing and I like the red mini-cocoons for the small bugs! The CLS-89 I like mainly for the green bulbous cocoons. The bugs holing them don't look too good, though. I still need the Bug Obliterator, so it's good that they're coming out in summer.

Edited by 8BrickMario

They're actually tr. pink cocoons in the hive Crawler. And the Larvae inside them don't look too good in that picture, I have to admit, but some of the closeups of them look pretty awesome.

It´s not a drop ship. It´s a giant tank with a disconnecting spaceship plus a small alien base and a centipede-like creature.

What I'm saying is I don't want any of that crap you just listed, I want just the dropship.

Picked up the Swarm Interceptor (15-ish bucks at Target). Neat little thing. Love how the cockpit is stationary even when you rotate the wing section.

And after getting that, all I need is the Star Slicer and the Bug Obliterator. And since I want every set in the Summer wave, this is going to be one of those few themes where I want and will probably get every set.

Kalhiki

I do feel bad for the Red Team. Even though they aren't my favorite, it feels like they are always getting the short end of the stick.

Sorry about the mini-cocoon color confusion (say that 3 times fast). Maybe it entails a Friends crossover? They are pink and purple. :laugh: Joking! I would sure hope that isn't true!

I wonder if the small cocoons are meant to act like bombs (shooting out and breaking open to release larvae.) Of course I can't anticipate this as a play feature, but it seems likely story-wise, that the little cocoons are like larva bombs. (Weird phrase of today:larva bomb!)

I think I might give the CLS-89 to my sigfig and robot sidekick (Battle Mech, as seen in user image), as the Orange Team has the Obliterator. I'll just give it to my "White and Orange Team"! (The sigfig came from the Battle Mech's looking like he belonged in Galaxy Squad, and I made myself as an astronaut to match him.)

I am happy about the Blue Team in the summer wave because Solomon is my favorite human squad member, he is getting a huge vehicle, and a human partner!

Edited by 8BrickMario

Actually they are truly meant to be Larva Bombs, that is if it is possible to apply enough force on the launcher of the Hive Crawler. They should smash open pretty easily if they land on a hard surface.

Edited by Penkid11

Hmmm... Interesting. I gotta see more pictures, though! Then I will go to the point of no return and buy every set! One thing I like about the small hero vehicles ( Billy's speeder in the Warp Stinger set and Chuck's buggy and hovercraft in his two sets) is that they use the same seat and control system, but by changing what's underneath (wings, wheels, hover dish) so it's suited for a different situation. It's just so creative and nice how they are basically the same, with the method of movement changing. It makes it feel like they're all part of one group while each vehicle is slightly unique.

Edited by 8BrickMario

Still not worth $100 just for the drop ship.

I am certain once the set becomes available, you will be able to locate the instructions online and order pieces specific for the drop ship off of bricklink for much cheaper.

I don't know If It has been asked before, but could It be that TLG took inspiration from the Ugokin models from the Neo Classic Space project? The colour scheme and the extraterrestial bug like vehicles resembles a bit with these sets.

I bought the Space Swarmer a few days ago and I really like It! I think I start to love this theme.

I highly doubt it. Let's compare:

Ugokin: Plantlike, tentacled orange and dark green creatures

Galaxy Squad Aliens: Insectlike lime green and purple creatures.

Not many similarities there, are there?

Just noticed today that Galaxy Squad first wave sets are finally on S@H in some countries that didn't have them previously. Oz prices are: $16, $30, $40, $70, $100. (Star Slicer is missing)

Not all countries have all 6 sets. Maybe we won't be waiting until August after all.