CM4Sci

2013 Galaxy Squad

Aha I think I've just found a new ship for Billy - 9497 would probably do it! I've thought for a while some of the newer 'Star Wars' ships would actually make great 'Space' ships - personally I don't know them from Star Wars anyway(!) - 9525 is also a great looking ship but it doesn't say Star Wars to me, I think that one would be great for the GS Blue Squad...

I`ve just been wondering, why is this thread not pinned?

-Sci

Sci-fi theme threads are never pinned for some reason.

Edited by DraikNova

Well, I didn't have the patience to wait for any of these sets to be released in Aus so I ordered what I could get toysrus.com to send to me (the green, orange & red sets - none of the blue) and they conveniently arrived last week while I was on holiday. Have to say I like them in general, but the droid minifigs don't do it for me, they seem too big next to the GS members. (They are okay on their own.) I figure that Lego companion droids should be at least a little bit smaller than the spacemen.

Depends on the job of the robot really. no point having a Chihuahua sized robot if you're going into battle to bust some Buggoid carapace. You want a robot capable of punching out a Mosquitoid and walking through a few hive walls then carrying your injured comrade 200 clicks back to HQ. You want a mean metal fightin' machine out on the killing field, not some tinpot Meccano poodle that falls apart soon as you look at it. HURRRRGH!! :wall: Oh yeah....

I agree, battle robots would definitely need to be large and tough. As long as they are programmed with the "three laws," of course.

Actually, as far as I know, a lot of collectors of Classic Space and Insectoids seem to like these.

I`ve just been wondering, why is this thread not pinned?

-Sci

No kidding, I actually had to use the search function to find this thread :)

My son LOVES this theme, I cannot wait to see what the 4 sets slated for later this year look like.

There's a new buggoid/mosquitoid hybrid by the look of it behind the ship on the alien platform. look at it's head and shoulders. Olive antennae and red mandibles too.

That new bug crawler looks absolutely fantastic. Looks to be both the most functional and most attractive bug vehicle in the theme.

The big blue tank/ship also looks good. And if you look carefully, it looks like despite the color, Billy Starbeam's piloting the tank section.

I'm LOVING the look of those. Absolutely awesome. So much better up close! The summer wave is gonna be good.

Since nobody else seems to have pointed it out, take a look at who pilots the tank portion of the Blue Squad flagship...

That doesn't necesarily mean he's the included minifigure in the set. Someone could have just tossed him in there, especially since he's included with the Hive Crawler, which is displayed on the same table.

But it would be pretty funny if he winds up piloting the biggest GS vehicle.

I assumed it was the Hive Crawler but I could be wrong. There also seems to be some kind of Insectoid outpost, which looks very neat.

IMO this wave is leaps and bounds above the first one. The detachable shuttle on the Titan alone is a massive improvement.

Edited by Algernon

The insectoid outpost is in the galactic titan, I believe, and I think the centipede is in the mech. Anyway, I love the new armored insectoid. The mini-scorpion is also great.

Anyway, while I like the Galactic Titan less, seeing as it is a lot smaller and less bulky than I thought it would be, my opinion about the Hive Crawler have skyrocketed and propelled through several roofs. Plain, armored awesomeness, with a technic function, unobtrusive small weapons and a sleek look. And bloody awesome patterning.

Also, the Galactic Titan seems to have some equipment in the back.

Edited by DraikNova

These new galaxy squad sest looks far better than the current sets. The huge vehicle is awesome and it converts to a flying ship as well. That bug ship is huge and is the best out of all the sets so far. I am glad i havvent gotten any of the current sets as yest because I will be passing those for those two huge monsters.

Galaxy Squad moved to the bottom of my top three this week. Not saying much, as I intend to purchase them all anyway! This summer wave has nothing (in a good way) on the winter wave.

Eeeeeeek! *excited scream*

Man wave 2 is impressive. I sense another wall of GS Lego sets in the future.

Edited by Kliq