CM4Sci

2013 Galaxy Squad

My friend says he got an email from LEGO, and it said Galaxy Squad sets aren't going to be out for Australians until September.

Sorry, Australians!

9 months! That is a very long wait... I seem to recall there was a long wait for SP3 & Alien Conquest to be released here too so it appears the sci-fi themes are always late, but surely not this late. I suppose that might mean we'll be getting something else earlier, maybe castle.

In any case, TRU have the 3 non-blue-team sets available to send to Australia for cheaper than 25% off what our local price will be... Look out Kliq I'll be on your heels, haha.

My Warp Stinger inexplicably came in the mail already - ordered it on Friday with free 8-10 day shipping, postal service doesn't work on weekends, and it somehow came on Tuesday...? Hey, I'm not complaining - and the set is lovely! :wub: I think I'm going to try to articulate the legs somehow.

In any case, TRU have the 3 non-blue-team sets available to send to Australia for cheaper than 25% off what our local price will be... Look out Kliq I'll be on your heels, haha.

Woo hoo! Let's build up our forces!

I just ordered 2 pairs of Lego TrGreen Tiles (yeah good luck finding them anywhere) so I should be able to post pictures of 30231 Space Insectoid in about 7-10 business days or so - I am a sucker for polybags...

I hope this is another set I get that isn't released...or widely released...

That and I was able to use my official source to grab the missing pieces for my Star Wars Episode IV Tantive IV from series IV planet sets....

Again I wish Lego would have done a Bug Swarm Set with 9-10 Mini Bugs, a Medium Bug, and a Large Bug (A whole bug family) with a minifigure and perhaps maybe a Galaxy Trooper in Dare I say it - Yellow (Instead of Orange) with a Spider Head and legs... or maybe a Beatle witih antenna or maybe Arthor from the Tick (a moth villain like killer moth) doubtful but you never know i mean if Lego snuck in X-Men's Angel wings in the Chima line then I guess they could do the same with Killer Moth wings right?

My Warp Stinger inexplicably came in the mail already - I think I'm going to try to articulate the legs somehow.

Love to see what you come up with! I took a crack at modding the legs on my Star Slicer to make him more mobile:

slicer_mk2.jpg

Also tried to give the exposed buggoid a little more protection with an enclosed cockpit. While I was at it I made the mouth more 'chompy'. :laugh:

Excellent, Micronian! I especially like the Space Swarmer-like mouth. :]

I got my Wisdom Teeth pulled yesterday :sick: :sick: :sick: so with my sick leave i ve started building some of the Galaxy Squads sets my wife got me. :classic:

I ve just finished building the Warp Stinger, nice set but Billy's ride is crap!! :thumbdown: Poor Billy!! :cry_sad:

Edited by TimH

Awesome MOD! I'm not so much of a fan of the arms and legs, but the head is excellent. Could you give us some close-ups of it?

Thanks for the kind words guys! Still staggering out of my dark ages, so I don't really know what I'm doing :wacko:

Awesome MOD! I'm not so much of a fan of the arms and legs, but the head is excellent. Could you give us some close-ups of it?

Yeah, I bought a bunch of Hero Factory sets hoping that I could find some good 'insecty' looking parts, but this is the best I could come up with. It seems like the HF ball-joints are the only joint that could support that much weight. Would love to see what other people come up with for their buggoid mods. I think the original designs are great, but there is definately some room for improvment that's not limited by Lego price points!

Here are some views of the head:

bughead.jpg

Click here to see a bigger version --> LINK

Thanks for the kind words guys! Still staggering out of my dark ages, so I don't really know what I'm doing :wacko:

Yeah, I bought a bunch of Hero Factory sets hoping that I could find some good 'insecty' looking parts, but this is the best I could come up with. It seems like the HF ball-joints are the only joint that could support that much weight. Would love to see what other people come up with for their buggoid mods. I think the original designs are great, but there is definately some room for improvment that's not limited by Lego price points!

Here are some views of the head:

*snip*

Click here to see a bigger version --> LINK

I really like it ! I fond the original insect model not "bulky" enough... I don"t know how to explain it, I think they are good model, but they could also get a lot of improvements to be a lot better, like you did :thumbup:

The really weird thing about that mod is that the mantis now has three eyes.

Anyway, the modded head looks even better with that closeup.

Edited by DraikNova

I got the Space Swarmer yesterday, and I must say that it is much better in person. My first Galaxy Squad set, my brother got some of the larger ones, and I'm quite pleased.

I have built Billy a ship. It's fast and manoeuvrable and swooshy. It doesn't transform or split apart because I haven't built anything in the longest time and my skillz aint mad. However, it does have a lovely shape and it's all SNOT built and the cockpit is capable of holding Billy and Bugs Burn-e at a pinch. Plus it has landing gear. Photos and proper description will be posted sometime tomorrow. I'm off to bed now to dream of flying this thing myself. :purrr:

That is insanely awesome, if the official set looked like that I would buy it in a heartbeat.

I have built Billy a ship. It's fast and manoeuvrable and swooshy. It doesn't transform or split apart because I haven't built anything in the longest time and my skillz aint mad. However, it does have a lovely shape and it's all SNOT built and the cockpit is capable of holding Billy and Bugs Burn-e at a pinch. Plus it has landing gear. Photos and proper description will be posted sometime tomorrow. I'm off to bed now to dream of flying this thing myself. :purrr:

Change of plans, I'm building a wee diorama to show it off in. photos tomorrow (Monday) instead. Or Tuesday depending on how carried away I get. :excited: One favour I'd like to ask, if anyone has the Warp Stinger and hasn't applied the stickers could you scan them at a high resolution please? I'd like to make some stickers but can't find an image that isn't low res' or a photo with flash glare. No problem if it's not possible. It was just a thought.

I'm looking forward to seeing Billy's new ship.

The current ones you can see on shop at home, but the pics of the summer ones are lost I think, although there are some low-quality youtube videos where you can see them.

I have the summer set pictures saved to my computer, but I'm not so sure I want to upload them anywhere - didn't quite work out last time I tried that... :laugh: