CM4Sci

2013 Galaxy Squad

To clear something up, the walker is just an impulse set since it's only EUR 2,99-

So, basically something along the lines of the 30140 ADU Walker for Alien Conquest?

30140-1.jpg

(courtesy of Brick Link)

Edited by Hikaro Takayama

So, basically something along the lines of the 30140 ADU Walker for Alien Conquest?

(courtesy of Brick Link)

Well... that's disappointing. :laugh:

Edited by Ricecracker
Please don't quote images...

Finally! News!

I like this guy. I won't say love (yet) but he's not bad! I bet there'll be better, but he could have been allot worse (and honestly, mosquitoes are goofy buggers anyways)! He kind of reminds me of the Genosian minifigures from Star Wars.

So far I'm still hopeful for the theme!

~Insectoid Aristocrat

What is up with all these '13 figs popping up on eBay? Have we here missed the boat completely and '13 is already out somewhere? Are these on the market shady-like? I haven't seen this happen since getting back into LEGO...

I'm definitely liking the mosquito fella, the other guy is too, just not as much like.

I love the colours on these guys. It's kind of a shame the bug ships don't sound like they'll match like the galactic squad.

The green fig looks good, but the red one is kinda disagreeable with me... As long as there enough green ones and the Humans look good I'm happy.

The_Creator

Oh, the red one looks great! (though it looks like it can't turn its head) I wonder what insect it represents, an ant? I'm not that sure about the green one, there's something that bugs me in that design. (also, apparently no antennae, or is the eBay seller just missing them? It looks there could just maybe be holes in the top of the head, or maybe not)

I'd say the red one is the beetle alien or Mantis. doesn't look like a scorpion or dragonfly. I like it more than the mosquito though. the trans neon wings on mozzy look silly. If I buy any of these sets I'll have to replace the wings with some other type. Maybe star wars Geonosian warrior wings would work.

Not realy convinced by the printing of the torso, but I like the head of the fly alien, though its antenas seem to be missing. The Lego magazine cartoons did show them with red ones though.

Also the color scheme of the drawn ones looked a bit more uniform. The wings and body showed almost the same tone of green.

Well, maybe the one pictured by that seller is still a kind of preliminary one, or it can be due to bad lighting too.

Anyway, seeing that figure I cant help to think about

.. :-)

The red one at first sight looked a bit like a Ninjago snakehead to me..

Edited by J.V.D.

WOOOT! Pictures! Ones that aren't 3dpi!

I think the red one is supposed to be the 'scorpion alien', right? It doesn't look like a mantis to me (which is supposedly the set it comes in). The compound eyes, pincer mandibles and segmented pointy 'tail' on the back of the head looks like an anthropomorphized scorpion to me...

Edited by vynsane

WOOOT! Pictures! Ones that aren't 3dpi!

I think the red one is supposed to be the 'scorpion alien', right? It doesn't look like a mantis to me (which is supposedly the set it comes in). The compound eyes, pincer mandibles and segmented pointy 'tail' on the back of the head looks like an anthropomorphized scorpion to me...

Scorpion sounds right to me. And since the mosquito fig is missing his antennae, we don't know if this guy is missing anything. Possibly he'd look more scorpion-like with the claws from the Atlantis Crab Warrior.

On a side note, anyone planning to use Craniac from SP3 with this theme? He doesn't totally match the aesthetic (his outfit feels a lot less purely organic than these guys'), but seeing as he was our previous Insectoids callback fig, I imagine he'd be happy not having to be alone in the universe any longer. :tongue:

The red guy actually reminds me of a centipede. It does seem like he's missing something.. though I can't see a space for the antennae on the mozzie guy, so maybe not?

Edited by Naggarok

Oh my.... There is so much YES on that red figure! I can't even begin to describe how much I love it! It's definitely the scorpion (or maybe a centipede or some other arachnid (4-eyes)), so claws would be a nice, but certainly not necessary, addition, and, as others have mentioned, the mosquito is missing its antenna. This one's much less clunky than the mosquito. I love how menacing and Insectoid it looks! I hope it doesn't appear only in the most expensive set!

That paint-job... The contour of the segmented neck... The flatness of the brow and the somehow-skull-like design of the head...

Hello Beautiful. :wub_drool:

I just re-checked. Tragically, it's exclusive to the Space-Mantis, so I won't get more than one. :cry_sad: I hope the beetle looks half as good.

~Insectoid Aristocrat... in love.

Edited by Dannylonglegs

I think they both look awesome, although I like the green one a little bit more than the red guy. They're both pretty satisfying, though - I'm glad we're getting more than one "species" of Insectoid. I hope the humans are special enough to warrant collecting this theme on the figs alone!

This might very well be the first theme I've been excited about since Space Police 3.