CM4Sci

2013 Galaxy Squad

My personal favorite is a uniform scheme with distinct differences. The good guys of Space Police III and Alien conquest were bland, absolutely. But that's because they were literally the same exact minifig with a different head printing. I'd much prefer slightly different uniforms and accessories (like how, say, the Space Marines are designed) vs single rainbow warriros or 100% uniform exactly the same figures. On the official end, something like Agents is a decent example- despite everyone being a named character they all felt like part of the same groups, and there were even a couple of "minions" included.

New pic from miniland.nl

The picture is too small can some1 scan it for better pics? Edited by Ricecracker
Please do not quote images - Deeplinked image removed

New pic from miniland.nl

Is that not the same pic posted by CM4S back on pg. 13?

A very small preliminary image:

http://images.wikia....quad_prelim.jpg

It seems the set we saw was indeed the Warp Stinger..

Also, could a mod please rename this "Galaxy Squad 2013", now that it's been confirmed?

-Sci

Edited by Draykov

I have to laugh at the logistics of someone -only- being able to get a small image of something. I mean, how does it happen? Are they visiting a friend or retailer or something and then knock a pile of papers off the desk, and while whoever is picking them up they hastily take a quick photo on their phone but forgot to set the picture to a larger setting before hand? and then THE PAPERS ARE PICKED UP AND THE MOMENT IS PAST! But at least they nabbed the one small one!

It's just hilarious.

I hope shortly to be the first with better pictures

I look forward to it. Not to sound rude or anything, but hopefully "shortly" means in a few days!

Well, maybe a few more sets might boost your excitement?

GASQ.jpg

70709 Galaxy Squad

70708 Galaxy Squad

70706 Galaxy Squad

30230 Galaxy Walker

-Sci

Galaxy Walker? Sounds like an awesome exclusive. And I'm guessing each of the polybags (all named Galaxy Squad :laugh:) has a member of a different color subfaction.

EDIT: What if the reason those sets are called Galaxy Squad, instead of being named after individual characters, is because they're battle packs (each one containing a different color)?

Edited by DraikNova

According to the Dutch site, 70706-70709 are slated for August 2013 while the "walker" is slated for April along with 70700-70705. Not sure if these are legit, but if so, looks like we're getting a second wave after all.

Edited by Draykov

Galaxy Walker? Sounds like an awesome exclusive. And I'm guessing each of the polybags (all named Galaxy Squad :laugh:) has a member of a different color subfaction.

EDIT: What if the reason those sets are called Galaxy Squad, instead of being named after individual characters, is because they're battle packs (each one containing a different color)?

I think they're simply called 'Galaxy Squad' because there are no finalized names for the sets yet and that site had to put something in the 'Title' field when adding them to their database. Don't read too much into it. Besides, if they were to do polybagged squads, I think they'd go the CMF route and have a single set number and blind-packed figures (which would actually be an awesome idea).

Also... WOOOHOOO!!! SECOND WAVE!

Edited by vynsane

Awesome, the bigger a theme is the more chances there are for stuff that I'll dig! And it would be cool to have a way to bolster ranks of the colors that aren't "buy the same single set 5 times."

Polybags :thumbup: If TLG has each color is each polybag... Oh this is gonna be so awesome! I can build armys now! :grin:

~The_Creator

Edited by The_Creator

I'm a little confused by something. If Galaxy Squad is indeed a Summer theme (which is strongly indicated by the lack of high-res images), then why on earth would TLC chose to advertise it in the last Lego Club magazine of 2012? I don't believe they've ever hinted at a theme in their end of year teaser unless it is a part of the winter wave. :look:

I'm a little confused by something. If Galaxy Squad is indeed a Summer theme (which is strongly indicated by the lack of high-res images), then why on earth would TLC chose to advertise it in the last Lego Club magazine of 2012? I don't believe they've ever hinted at a theme in their end of year teaser unless it is a part of the winter wave. :look:

No, it's a Spring theme. The LEGO Reform of 2013 is (probably) bringing in lots of new sets per season.

I was wrong. Galaxy is getting a second wave. :grin:

Edited by just2good

Now that we know the second wave will happen, I wonder just what that will entail. While they could easily keep up with the insect enemy, I'm seriously hoping my prediction is true: more spiritual successors to previous space entries. After fighting an Insectoid fleet in the first wave, you have no idea how much I would be pleased to see something like UFO or Blacktron arrive as the antagonistic force in the second wave sets.

That is very exciting news! This theme is the most exciting we've had in a long time. :thumbup: The high possibility of a second wave is just fantastic, and I'm extremely intrigued by the "Galaxy Walker". Always down with LEGO mechwarrior!

MOD NOTE:

Please remember that watermarked images are not to be deeplinked. Thank you. You can find a link to the site guidelines in my signature.

Wow! Here are some of my predictions for the second wave:

Main set: Hive

Medium set: Scorpion-themed vehicle vs small fighter jet

Small set: Fly (the insect of course) vehicle vs human

Edited by DraikNova

After seening Wreck-it Ralph, I really want these sets to come out (if you've seen the movie (or trailers, for that matter), you'll know what I mean). Or at least, y'know, pictures.

I've suddenly gained a high interest in giant alien bugs. Hope the sets meet expectations.

Kalhiki

After seening Wreck-it Ralph, I really want these sets to come out (if you've seen the movie (or trailers, for that matter), you'll know what I mean). Or at least, y'know, pictures.

I've suddenly gained a high interest in giant alien bugs. Hope the sets meet expectations.

Kalhiki

i was thinking the exact same thing as I walked out.

Anyhow, was it said that there going to be multiple insect breeds in this series? I forget where I thought I heard that.

Edited by Penkid11

It was said a couple of pages back. I believe each of these minifigures matures into the corresponding giant `vehicles`.