CM4Sci

2013 Galaxy Squad

... could you please grab all of them and give us your best translation?

please search in google "amazon lego galaxy squad" :wink:. The "mantis" set has this description:

"Die Weltraum-Mantis hat mit ihren flinken Heuschreckenbeinen die Verfolgung des Galaxy Squad Teams aufgenommen. Halte die Weltraum-Mantis der Aliens auf, bevor Solomon Blaze und sein blauer Roboter in seine Stachelklauen geraten! Teile das Fahrzeug der Galaxy Squad in einen Panzerwagen und einen wendigen Flieger auf! Nimm dich vor der Abschussvorrichtung und dem klebrigen Kokon der Weltraum-Mantis in Acht! Enthält 3 Minifiguren: Solomon Blaze, blauer Roboter-Gefolgsmann und exklusiver roter Insekten-Alien Ab 7 Jahren."

Edited by gerkenz

please search in google "amazon lego galaxy squad" :wink:. The "mantis" set has this description:

"Die Weltraum-Mantis hat mit ihren flinken Heuschreckenbeinen die Verfolgung des Galaxy Squad Teams aufgenommen. Halte die Weltraum-Mantis der Aliens auf, bevor Solomon Blaze und sein blauer Roboter in seine Stachelklauen geraten! Teile das Fahrzeug der Galaxy Squad in einen Panzerwagen und einen wendigen Flieger auf! Nimm dich vor der Abschussvorrichtung und dem klebrigen Kokon der Weltraum-Mantis in Acht! Enthält 3 Minifiguren: Solomon Blaze, blauer Roboter-Gefolgsmann und exklusiver roter Insekten-Alien Ab 7 Jahren."

Google has helped us again!

"The Space Mantis has taken with her ​​nimble grasshopper legs tracking the Galaxy squad teams. Holding onto the space of the Mantis aliens before Solomon Blaze and his blue robots get into his mouth sting! Parts of the vehicle Galaxy squad in an armored car and an agile flier on! Beware of the launcher and the sticky cocoon of space Mantis care! Includes 3 minifigures: Solomon Blaze, blue robot henchman and exclusive red insect Alien From 7 years."

Very interested in the "sticky cocoon". This must be the purple pod, and the blue robot sounds awesome. Reminds me of UFO.

Robot henchman......henchman does sound like a good guy does it ? (perhaps Goggle Translate again eh ? :wink:)

So the main character is Solomon Blaze.....sounds like a video game character.....perhaps we should expect next either a game or even a TV short like we did for Atlantis ? :wink:

Wow, I'm itching to see some HQ pictures!

Sounds very promising. I always liked the orange-white color scheme. That's what made Mars Mission one of my favorite space themes.

It definitely sounds like we will be getting more that one color for the squads. An orange squad and a blue squad, perhaps?

Can't wait! :wub:

Okay, I've found all five descriptions. Did a Google search for "site:amazon.de LEGO 7070x". Obviously, the translations aren't great, since it's just the Google Translator...

70700 Space Swarmer (translation from German: Space Beetles)

The evil alien beetle-like insect buzzing in his space-beetle in the Galaxy! Do not let that captures the robot the Galaxy squad with the mouth parts of the beetle! Help him to escape with his jetpack out of the reach of the sound cannon of the insect! Get yourself to safety, take the space bug to target and turn it off with your blaster! Includes 2 minifigures with weapons: beetle insect-like alien and robot Ages 7 and up.

70701 Swarm Interceptor (translation form German: defensive jet)

A dangerous alien races mosquito zoom on its space plane! Holding that creepy critter on together with the leader of the blue team, Solomon Blaze, and the divisible defense-Jet! If the fight goes out of control, the Abwehrjet the Galaxy squad are divided into 2 machines: an agile flier with removable missiles and a powerful gun turret with camouflaged missiles! Against the divisible Abwehrjet with Solomon Blaze in the cockpit, the alien insects have no chance! Includes 2 minifigures and appropriate weapon: Solomon Blaze and alien mosquito. Ages 7 and up.

70702 Warp Stinger (translation from German: mosquito)

Holding the insect alien on board the Space furchterrregenden mosquitoes! He used the surplus function of the space mosquitoes to attack the heroes of the Galaxy squad. Make the Alien with the leader of the red team, Billy and his Speeder Starbeam harmless! Beware of sticky cocoon-case of space Mosquitoes beware! Exhort from the detachable blaster and try using the robot to free the galaxy from these oversized pests! The space, with its cocoon mosquito trap, the moving wings, the removable bullets and the shooter feature a very dangerous opponent. Includes 3 minifigures and appropriate weapon: Billy Starbeam, robot henchman with Jetpack and alien mosquito with wings. Ages 8 and up.

70703 Space Mantis

The Space Mantis has taken with her nimble grasshopper legs tracking the Galaxy squad teams. Holding onto the space of the Mantis aliens before Solomon Blaze and his blue robots get into his mouth sting! Parts of the vehicle Galaxy squad in an armored car and an agile flier on! Beware of the launcher and the sticky cocoon of space Mantis care! Includes 3 minifigures: Solomon Blaze, blue robot henchman and exclusive red insect Alien From 7 years.

70704 Vermin Vaporizer (translation from German: robot special buggy)

Space Scorpion hastetmit its cocoon behind the green hero of Galaxy Squad! Set to Help the leader of the Green Team, Chuck Stone Breaker and his green robot here, the critter with the ScRobo special laboratory incapacitated! Bring the alien invader in trouble by you split the robot specialized laboratory in a powerful robot and an armored lab! Translate Chuck Stonebreaker in the cockpit of the robot and fire powerful missiles and rockets into the double-Alien! In a special laboratory, you can then examine the alien insect. Includes 3 minifigures: Chuck Stone Breaker, Green Robot and alien insect Í all with matching weapons. Ages 8 and up.

70705 Bug Obliterator (translation from German: Command Shuttle)

Dangerous space dragonfly tries to capture the heroes of the Orange Galaxy squad in a cocoon prison. Fly with the command shuttle and the heroes of the Orange team, Jack and Ashlee StarStrider Fireblade! The vehicle can be a button in a rugged utility vehicle and split a manoeuvrable space ship that brings the insects from the top in distress! Exhort from the camouflaged missiles and laser cannons to repel these alien creatures! Includes 3 minifigures: Jack Fireblade, Ashlee StarStrider and alien insect with wings, weapons and cocoon. Ages 8 and up.

Edited by vynsane

Love the fact there is different coloured squads! :wub:

Like an updated version of Classic Space, well done LEGO.

Color squads. And I can't wait for the Space Mantis, apparently the boss of the aliens. And it turns out I was right that the purple pod is a habitat for the aliens. So the mosquito's are the juvenile forms of the "vehicles".

Color squads... ah, I guessed that right, but that seemed kind of obvious somewhere.

Anyways, 5 different Insectoids? Sounds great! The mosquitoes seem to be the main infantry though.

Those 5 types are just the vehicles.

Nope, the descriptions say otherwise and each different figure belongs to a set of the same insect-kind.

There are some different types of aliens, and I assume that any other unspecified alien figure is different from the mosquito ones, since those are literally described as "alien mosquito" each time

"Includes 2 minifigures with weapons: beetle insect-like alien"

"Includes 2 minifigures and appropriate weapon: Solomon Blaze and alien mosquito"

"Includes 3 minifigures and appropriate weapon: Billy Starbeam, robot henchman with Jetpack and alien mosquito with wings"

"Includes 3 minifigures: Solomon Blaze, blue robot henchman and exclusive red insect alien" (I assume this would be a mantis)

"Includes 3 minifigures: Chuck Stone Breaker, Green Robot and alien insect"

"Includes 3 minifigures: Jack Fireblade, Ashlee StarStrider and alien insect with wings, weapons and cocoon"

It wouldn't make any sense to have a mosquito alien in a beetle or scorpion vehicle .

Edited by General Magma

So, on the good side we've got:

Blue: Solomon Blaze and robot

Red: Billy Starbeam and robot

Green: Chuck Stonebreaker and robot

Orange: Jack Fireblade & Ashlee Starstrider

Unknown colour robot

And on the bad side:

Mosquito alien

Beetle alien

Mantis alien

Scorpion alien

Dragonfly alien

I love the character names. They just scream "space opera" and remind me of LEGO's original take on the space opera genre, "Jim Spaceborn".

Now, what with the characters wearing uniforms, I doubt we'll see character designs that evoke classic space opera like Buck Rogers and Flash Gordon. But I still think the theme's design currently has a lot going for it, and I look forward to seeing more.

Edited by Aanchir

Unknown colour robot

And on the bad side:

Mosquito alien

Beetle alien

Mantis alien

Scorpion alien

Dragonfly alien

Sweet, I'm really liking the sounds of this theme now! Can't wait until it comes out.

I'm really excited by the sound of these insect-like aliens and looking forward to all the new cool parts and new colors. Hopefully we'll see some Ender's Game mocs come out of this theme. :wub:

I am seriously loving this theme as more and more information leaks. It definitely seems to be everything I had hoped it would be and more. The multicolored squads is something that has my interest, so I really can't wait to see some good images of the sets show up. Hopefully that wait will not be much longer.

Now a speculative thought: we can all see how this seems to be a somewhat spiritual successor to Insectoids, with a human force fending off the Insectoid-like invaders. Should this theme continue into the future, might we also see successors to past themes show up? It's a stretch, but imagine if the next wave had the Galaxy Squad fending off a redesigned UFO theme, or a redesigned Spyrius, or even Blacktron.

That would be an awesome way to continue the theme, definitely!

Sounds like all the good guy vehicles split into different sections for mutliple vehicles or vehicles+stationary canons or bases. Interesting. Reminds me of Artic Alpha team where all the vehicles had 2 modes. Not often we get a theme with such a distinct action feature carried across the entire wave.

LEGOMAN, we´ve already seen that.

Anyway, I´m really excited at the news of other alien minifigures. A mantis fig sounds awesome.

Okay, I've found all five descriptions. Did a Google search for "site:amazon.de LEGO 7070x". Obviously, the translations aren't great, since it's just the Google Translator...

Great thanks! ( didn't know about searching in one site with "site:". :wink: )

On reading the German descriptions I think the summary from Jargo seemed to be very good. :sweet:

I'm very interested in the robots. If you can't wait till 2013 to build a cool one for your space MOC just get the "LEGO" Adventure book from Megan. There is one very cool robot inside which I saw at the exhibition in Skaerbaek: http://www.amazon.de/The-LEGO%C2%AE-Adventure-Book-Dinosaurs/dp/1593274424/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1352022397&sr=8-3

51U0gya6DIL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU03_.jpg

The book will be released on 30th of november in Germany. I will get it on the 6th of december. Can't wait. :excited:

Edited by gerkenz

Some of the heroes names sound great and then there's 'Billy Starbeam'........oh, boy sounds like a name some four year old kid came up with or the scriptwriters for Battlefield Earth ! :roflmao:

What ever happened to names like Flash Gordon or Buck Rogers.....of course Lego-ised but not sounding childish......though in saying that my main character I used in my sci-fi writing about 30 years ago was Captain Spacely,,,,,,yeah, must related to George Jetson's Boss eh ? :roflmao:

I'll be interested to see the actual attack craft on both sides to see where the inspiration for them had come from. :classic:

Edited by lightningtiger

Unknown colour robot

And on the bad side:

Mosquito alien

Beetle alien

Mantis alien

Scorpion alien

Dragonfly alien

Thank you for the information. I am now going to really get the Jack Fireblade set or sets (my favorite color is orange). But, may I ask: the color of the armor is a bright orange or a dull orange?

I don´t know what you´d consider bright or dull, but it´s probably the same orange as the Power Miner sets.

Edited by DraikNova