70700 Space Swarmer

70701 Swarm Interceptor

70702 Warp Stinger

70703 Space Mantis

70704 Vermin Vaporizer

70705 Bug Obliterator

212px-Lego_Galaxy_Squad.jpg

Space-Monster Fighters ? :excited:

If this has continuity with Monster Fighters, it would be awesome. Like the squad being all of the Monster Fighters... OH SHOOT.

I'd say the set we're looking at here is 70702, "Warp Stinger".

Polywen confirms the figures are olive green, but the vehicles appear to be lime green, black, light and dark tan, dark and trans red with a splash of purple. He also states that the Galaxy Squad protagonists are not steampunk style, so it's not directly tied in with the Monster Fighters, aside from this narrative.

Edited by vynsane

I remember that at least once before LEGO has connected a few unrelated themes (I believe it was Atlantis, PQ, and Dino that I'm thinking of) in an issue of the magazine, and the sets have very little or nothing to do with each other.

I remember that at least once before LEGO has connected a few unrelated themes (I believe it was Atlantis, PQ, and Dino that I'm thinking of) in an issue of the magazine, and the sets have very little or nothing to do with each other.

I think there was Alien Conquest in the same mix too. Similar to this time, it was an ad for an upcoming theme: the villains from Atlantis, PQ and AC were contemplating, after they had all been bested by the heroes, that that they would have to resort to the last plan: dinosaur rampage.

I remember how Dr. Brains from Power Miners was in an Atlantis set.

-Sci

Edited by CM4S

Love it love it love it! :wub:

Did anyone else pick up the continuity from insectoids in the shape of the insect's wings? This looks like a Mark Stafford design to me, which makes me very optimistic for the rest of the range given the amazing job he did on Alien Defense and on Ninjago wave 2. I will probably get all of the Alien sets, and if Mark is behind the human sets, I might get those too. I hope the insect antennae will be available in different colours.

:classic:

If this is the Warp Stinger, I have high hopes for the Space Mantis. Anyway, I wonder if the purple canister will be present on multiple sets. Too bad there are no four-armed minifigures.

I remember how Doc from Power Miners was in an Atlantis set.

-Sic

By "Doc", you of course mean "Dr. Brains". One of the most hilarious LEGO crossovers ever IMO.

Also, on a particularly weird note, the protagonists in a Space Port young readers' book by Dorling Kindersley had the same names as the protagonists of the LEGO Life On Mars theme, which didn't come out until the year after the book was published! Besides some of the minifig faces being re-used between the two themes, there was nothing else to my knowledge that drew this connection, though it definitely makes an odd sort of sense what with the stylized, futuristic look of Space Port's spacecraft.

VERY small indeed... But it seems that the Earth Troopers will have the ADU/SP3 helmet! In orange!

At least in that set. Reports are that each Galaxy Squad set has a distinct color scheme. Man, I'm getting psyched for this theme now!

Oooh - orange. Nice. Me likeee orange. Kinda looks like an add on to Mars mission. Orange white and black. Can't wait for hi-res pics.

A very small preliminary image:

http://images.wikia....quad_prelim.jpg

It seems the set we saw was indeed the Warp Stinger..

Also, could a mod please rename this "Galaxy Squad 2013", now that it's been confirmed?

-Sci

Holy smokes! It might not be a very clear picture, but that looks extremely promising! I'm not crazy about the color scheme, but the design itself looks VERY nice. This just shot up my expectations 100-fold. :thumbup:

What feature is implied with the arrows, though? Transformation? Or is it just the different sets?

Also, it appears that the purple container will indeed be on multiple bug ships. That pretty much confirms that it will be a play feature of some sort.

EDIT: Check out that logo. Looks awesome. I don't think I've been this optimistic about a LEGO theme since Space Police. Algernon is pleased.

EDIT 2: I think I can see what the arrows are trying to show. The smaller ship on the top can dock with the ship on the bottom, which can dock with the land rover. Interesting... a little odd, but I guess LEGO is pretty fond of modularity with the big capital ships. Looks awesome. I'm guessing this is the Bug Obliterator.

Edited by Algernon

I was just thinking: It's possible that the image on top is actually multiple sets, displaying some sort of modular interchangeability. The wheeled vehicle could be the Bug Obliterator, the large flying vehicle would be the Vermin Vaporizer, and the smaller one would be the Swarm Interceptor. This is, of course, counter to the report of different colors for the Squad, but the uniform color scheme makes more sense in light of past themes.

I must confess, I was really hoping that the Galaxy Squad would look like the Galaxy Patrol from Wave 7. Still looks interesting though.

vynsane, it looks like the same image on the big box underneath, I think this will be the Bug Obliterator and it is a modular capital ship. So the aliens will have a consistent colour scheme by the looks of it and the human vehicles will be different colours. I was hoping for more unified colour schemes on the human side - I like the MM reference but the black and bley looks a bit incoherent to me. I am guessing the white blob in the second biggest box is the Vermin Vaporiser and the middle box is the Mantis. Can't wait for hi-res.

Suspsy, you, me, and everybody else!

:classic:

Edited by robuko

If you look at the set boxes the second to the left, the vehicle(?) is completely white. So maybe not all the galaxy squad stuff is white/orange/black. We'll see.

If I remember it right ALien Conquest, Atlantis, Pharoahs Quest, Power Miners and Dino had interconnected back stories. Somehow hey all pointed back to the Alien Emperor as the main underlying bad guy. The most obvious connection was the Aliens were the ones that created the mutant sea creatures that the Atlantis team encountered.

Is it just me, or does he box art look suspiciously like 2010 Star Wars?

Heh.

Good guys in different colors is a yes from the picture.

I also see one of the orange guys wearing somehthing other than a ADU helmet in that picture. Very interesting.