CM4Sci

2013 Galaxy Squad

darn it. that kills it for me. no galaxy patrol armor means no buy. i freaking hate the adu/space villain helmet. :hmpf_bad:

darn it. that kills it for me. no galaxy patrol armor means no buy. i freaking hate the adu/space villain helmet. :hmpf_bad:

I'm with you..unless the aliens look brilliant, I don't think I'll enjoy this theme as much..

Hopefully some high ranked figures like a commander will have the armour :sceptic:

Each set had its own distinctive colour (white, blue, orange, limet etc...) with minifigure in that colour (remember "jelly beans" from knights kingdom II?).

There are "human" sets with normal medium sized spaceships and one brick built and insect shaped (fly, spider etc...) enemy in each set.

"Alien" sets have insect shaped ships and vehicles (cobra etc...) with new shaped alien drivers and some small human vehicle (buggy, scooter etc...).

Figures are more like space villain from CMF, but without artificial leg and arm (or like galaxy patrol without special armour) and as said, each one in different colour.

Flagship set (70705 Galaxy Squad: Komando Shuttle / Bug Obliterator) is one large human spaceship with retractable wings plus smaller alien ship and spider similar to one in LoTR.

Second larger set (70704 Galaxy Squad: Robo-Spezialbuggy / Vermin Vaporize) is giant wheeled vehicle.

*huh*WHAT!!!!!!! *oh2* NO Galaxy Patrol suits!!!!!!!!!!! :hmpf: Well, that sucks. :hmpf_bad: I am not going to judge this theme too much before we see pics, but why couldn't we have had Space Marines??????? :thumbdown:

Edited by Robominer

Interesting... While I'm a bit disappointed that we won't be seeing Galaxy Patrol style armor, I'm digging the idea of a new generation of multicolor spacemen/women, especially the prospect of orange and lime, since we already have ADU blue and CMF white and pink. Hopefully we get hair AND helmets for each figure (probably wishful thinking). If we do, it would be fantastic to get some oddly colored hair, like blue or pink etc sort of like ExoForce but different styles.

This also means that the Space Marines CUUSOO project might not be given the thumbs-down (due to competing with another theme, as could easily be the case here) after all - they might produce it as a sort-of add-on to Galaxy Squad.

This is really exciting. Could go either way, but so far, I'm impressed. I think Space Marines can wait for another theme, as we only just got a military force fighting against Alien conquerors. Perhaps now we're finally getting those "space civilians" everyone's been clamoring about. :laugh::thumbup:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

I hate the galaxy patrol helmet. Orange print is a terrible replacement for a true visor.

It's the lack of armor that bothers me.

Edit: There is a chance the catalog pictures were prototypes without the galaxy patrol gear.

Edited by vexorian

*huh*WHAT!!!!!!! *oh2* NO Galaxy Patrol suits!!!!!!!!!!! :hmpf: Well, that sucks. :hmpf_bad: I am not going to judge this theme too much before we see pics, but why couldn't we have had Space Marines??????? :thumbdown:

Calm yourself down, Robominer...

There is no need for you to use excessive font size, emotions icons and with striking colours to capture reading audience attention. Just write your comments in a composed and less dramatic kiddish manner which pose certain form of distraction with the combination above.

Thank you.

WhiteFang

The lack of CMF armor is a real shame. What was the point of even making that mold? The multiple colors are also a bit of a surprise, I can't remember the last time LEGO did that.

Brick-build insect ships make me think it's gonna be more "insect" and less "ship". I'm gonna have to temper my expectations a bit with this news... it's sound less like insectoids and more like NinjaGo in space.

I second that, not that I don't like the adu helmet.....but no armour ! :hmpf_bad:

Maybe Cuusoo Space Marines still has a chance ! :wink:

I have nothing against the ADU helmets... I'm just tired of them! 3 themes is enough!

What about the how many years plus Lego used the classic town motorcycle helmets in classic space eh ? :wink: (Yes, I'm that old I can remember the original space sets....but I was a townie though :blush: )

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what these sets will look like....perhaps it's an extension of the ADU ? :look:

I have nothing against the ADU helmets... I'm just tired of them! 3 themes is enough!

Thats one point of view. But on the other side, this helmet is available only in black, dark bluish grey, white, pink and this funny kind of ADU blue. I would love to see this helmet in more colors. Esspecially in red, blue and green for Neo Classic Space MOCs. The newest description reminds me of ninjago. A few heroes, each in his inviduell color and his vehicle in the same color. Maybe this theme will be closer to the Space Girl of the CMF line than to the galaxy patrol marine.

About the Galaxy patrol armor: Let's not forget this was done for Lex Luther from the super heroes line. So maybe this armor was more of a Lex Luther recycling in the CMF line than an indication of a new space theme.

Edited by Blacktron

There is a chance the catalog pictures were prototypes without the galaxy patrol gear.

This is what I'm hoping for. And what are the colors of the vehicles like if all the spacemen are different colors, Cwetqo?

Each set had its own distinctive colour (white, blue, orange, limet etc...) with minifigure in that colour (remember "jelly beans" from knights kingdom II?).

There are "human" sets with normal medium sized spaceships and one brick built and insect shaped (fly, spider etc...) enemy in each set.

"Alien" sets have insect shaped ships and vehicles (cobra etc...) with new shaped alien drivers and some small human vehicle (buggy, scooter etc...).

Figures are more like space villain from CMF, but without artificial leg and arm (or like galaxy patrol without special armour) and as said, each one in different colour.

Flagship set (70705 Galaxy Squad: Komando Shuttle / Bug Obliterator) is one large human spaceship with retractable wings plus smaller alien ship and spider similar to one in LoTR.

Second larger set (70704 Galaxy Squad: Robo-Spezialbuggy / Vermin Vaporize) is giant wheeled vehicle.

That actually sounds quite compelling to me. The distinctive color per human and ship brings to mind not just Ninjago, but also some truly classic space subjects. Some great stuff inspired by our friends from the Far East like Gatchaman or Power Rangers. So they have a well drfinined style and if we mix this sort of approach then the new sets may Be fantastic. Above and beyond the intended direction of play, these sets will evolve into colored armie building.

This could be great

Some great stuff inspired by our friends from the Far East like Gatchaman

This was actually what I was thinking too - some sort of team of intergalactic spacefaring heroes or something. Maybe a little Thunderbirds thrown in for good measure. Of course, had I been in on the planning meetings, I would have suggested an over-the-top name like "Super Galaxy Squad 6000" or something. :wink:

Edited by vynsane

Cwetqo, do you remember if each set has different colour minfigs please, eg do you have to collect them all to get all the colours? I can't get excited by brickbuilt insects - I am thinking of PQ and Atlantis, neither excited me on the animals. The alien sets sound very promising though!

:classic:

It all sounds great, that is all but the "jellybean colors"(moving from rainbow ninja to rainbow spacemen :sadnew: ). Also everybody is complaining about no armor, no one has thought that the reason there is no armor is because with armor they can't be in or on all or some of the vehicles(the cockpit areas mostly).

Edited by Thorin Oakenshield

I hope it's not what this sounds to be like, I'm not waiting for another rainbow fest.

It seemed fine for NinjaGO, but these 'troopers' certainly sound like they're part of one organization with certain uniforms, another jellybean club doesn't work for this imo.

Edited by General Magma

No Galaxy Patrol suits gives hope for the Space Marines Cuusoo project, right?

I can't see LEGO doing both at the same time. They are just still so similar :sceptic:

I hope it's not what this sounds to be like, I'm not waiting for another rainbow fest.

It seemed fine for NinjaGO, but these 'troopers' certainly sound like they're part of one organization with certain uniforms, another jellybean club doesn't work for this imo.

It seemed to work fine for Classic Space...

It seemed to work fine for Classic Space...

Those weren't characters (troopers...space marines...) fighting off 'evil' creatures on some distant planet...

More like astronauts who had the magical ability to survive in space without a visor on their helmets.

I don't need a rainbow space marine corps hanging around.

Slight color differences (or uniform adjustments on some) to represent ranks would be fine, but please, no jellybean warriors again...

Edited by General Magma