CM4Sci

2013 Galaxy Squad

I would love an EPIC ongoing Space theme that would/could incorporate aspects of all the previous (sub)themes. Call it LEGO Galaxy and have Space Police, Blacktron, M-Tron, Brick Daddy and his gang, Insectoids, modern updates (a la the CMFs) to the classic space figs, the whole deal!

It would be great to see TLG put out a sustained theme that puts all the characters/races/factions in one big world and not have to “re-set” everything every couple years.

As a long time Space fan, I am literally jittering with excitement over the potential launch of a new Space theme OR the restart of an overarching Space theme that will carry on like City. I've said this to my fellow LEGO fans more times than I can count - LEGO Space should NEVER have faded off just because Star Wars showed up. Granted, I love Star Wars but I will always remain a tremendous fan of LEGO's own ingenuity, especially their amazing Space creations. Even their "weakest" Space sets were fantastic compared to some of the more lackluster Star Wars stuff.

Alien Conquest may have been the last Space-like theme we got, but it showed a lot of promise if they would go back to a real Space theme and keep the overall theme running. So much potential - not just nostalgia for collectors like myself who grew up with Classic Space, but also the ability to re-invite and make use of all the newer parts and tech they've got available now. Ninjago showed a lot of crazy cool ideas brought to brick form - imagine pairing that with the Space theme. It makes me shiver with excitement.

Granted, this could all end up as just a rumor and prove to be false, but just the possibility of it will still have me excited - till then, I'll keep working on Space MOCs and carry the torch of Space's return alongside all of you.

Here's to the hope for the return of Space next year! *cheers*

I hadn't seen your reply when I drafted my own; this is exactly how I feel. Make the universe diverse and eclectic, with elements from even the most obscure old themes (see: Ice Planet or Life on Mars)

It would be a sure fire winner!!

I agree with you Omega 8, I just want a theme lasting seven years minimum, so they can remake every old theme and make a couple of new factions.

I fear this theme will inevitably be a disappointment for me after the dream I had a few nights ago. In it the preliminary pictures were leaked and there were CMF Galaxy Patrol guys fighting Blacktron (logo from Blacktron II, design style a mesh but more from Blacktron I) who tried to steal tech from M-Tron, and there was some Futuron-ish civilians in there too. Everything beautifully reimagined. Biggest sets were a huge Blacktron base and an M-Tron transport ship with Blacktron infiltrators and a smaller Galaxy Patrol ship in pursuit.

Yeah, I know I've been reading too much Lego news when my dreams are about leaked prelims. :laugh:

I fear this theme will inevitably be a disappointment for me after the dream I had a few nights ago. In it the preliminary pictures were leaked and there were CMF Galaxy Patrol guys fighting Blacktron (logo from Blacktron II, design style a mesh but more from Blacktron I) who tried to steal tech from M-Tron, and there was some Futuron-ish civilians in there too. Everything beautifully reimagined. Biggest sets were a huge Blacktron base and an M-Tron transport ship with Blacktron infiltrators and a smaller Galaxy Patrol ship in pursuit.

Yeah, I know I've been reading too much Lego news when my dreams are about leaked prelims. :laugh:

I'm so happy that I'm not the only one who has dreams like that!

*Phwew* I thought I was crazy or something. Hehehehehehe...

Yeah, I had the same thing with Ninjago.

Oh dear, I learned that lesson the hard way. Never ever watch an episode of Ninjago while waiting for an Ambien to kick in before bed. I only ever watched the one episode. Had no Ninjago sets, etc. when I regained my senses the next day I had that theme song echoing in my head and. Full set of plastic multicolor Ninja's. Whatever the heck a spinner is. And my neighbors kid keeps trying to mooch my green Ninja. Scary!

I only wish I would have space dreams like this. Nod off in chemical induced oblivion and wake up to find a Galactic Enforcer. ( wait I actually did that... That's how I got my Milenium Falcon... And my wife to take away my credit cards after dark.)

I am excited for this if it turns out to be true, as it turns out though, my dream of it wasn't entirely correct, was it? They aren't miners based on what we know, but maybe the color scheme will stay.

I don't know why, but the last dream recently, was a space one, Miners with a yellow and purple color scheme fighting cyborg alien blacktron things. I only saw one set, the small one, the miner had a small speeder, reminiscent of the classic space ones. and the miner, he was yellow with purple arms.

And don't forget that there were two sets in a picture of alien conquest that were never released, maybe the design will be recycled?

Oh dear, I learned that lesson the hard way. Never ever watch an episode of Ninjago while waiting for an Ambien to kick in before bed. I only ever watched the one episode. Had no Ninjago sets, etc. when I regained my senses the next day I had that theme song echoing in my head and. Full set of plastic multicolor Ninja's. Whatever the heck a spinner is. And my neighbors kid keeps trying to mooch my green Ninja. Scary!

I only wish I would have space dreams like this. Nod off in chemical induced oblivion and wake up to find a Galactic Enforcer. ( wait I actually did that... That's how I got my Milenium Falcon... And my wife to take away my credit cards after dark.)

:laugh:!

Anyway, I'm hoping this will turn out to be more than a rumor. Why haven't we seen any pictures yet?

:laugh:!

Anyway, I'm hoping this will turn out to be more than a rumor. Why haven't we seen any pictures yet?

We haven't seen any "official" pictures on anything yet. Just some bad tiny grainy bootlegs of one or two Chima set boxes.

And even the Chima pictures were massive flukes, since they came from an Ebay auction that ended in July. I highly doubt that we'll be seeing any pictures (prelim or otherwise) until much closer to Christmas.

That said: I can't wait! A "Space Marine" theme has so much potential for greatness that I can only imagine the possibilities.

70700 Galaxy Squad: Weltraum-Käfer / Space Swarmer

70701 Galaxy Squad: Abwehr-Jet / Swarm Interceptor

70702 Galaxy Squad: Weltraum-Moskito / Warp Stinger

70703 Galaxy Squad: Space Mantis (Exclusive)

70704 Galaxy Squad: Robo-Spezialbuggy / Vermin Vaporizer

70705 Galaxy Squad: Komando Shuttle / Bug Obliterator

Thanks for the list! Looks like my Insectoids will be getting an upgrade. The idea of a swarm vehicle sounds interesting.

Edited by DraikNova

YES! INSECTOIDS! WHOOOOO!

*Ehem

Glad to hear the Insectoids concept is confirmed. :sweet:

70700 Galaxy Squad: 9,99 Euro

70701 Galaxy Squad: 19,99

70702 Galaxy Squad: 29,99

70703 Galaxy Squad: 39,99

70704 Galaxy Squad: 49,99

70705 Galaxy Squad: 69,99

Man, since I've ''visited'' the Sci-Fi part of Eurobricks that I've been liking the space themes. If the sets are official, I'll be picking some. I want more news! :moar:

Hrm... I'll have to see them to make my final judgement, but I'm not really too fond of Insectoids - it came out after I entered my dark age and still doesn't appeal to me.

BUT, the past two Space themes really caught my imagination (Space Police III is the main reason behind my emergence from my dark age) so I don't anticipate disliking this theme.

The interesting one is 70705.....Commando Shuttle it should read right ? :wink: (Sounds space marine style to me) :grin:

People vs. insects eh ?

Perhaps this theme is a kid friendly version of.....

starshiptroopers_l.jpg

I was sceptical for a while as to whether this would really be a theme, but with set names, prices and numbers showing up, it's beginning to seem legitimate. I'm really looking forward to it after hearing those insectoid-like names. =)

Wow! *huh* Are these all Insectoid Ships? This is great! Vive les Insectoids! I've gotta go sign up for every website now, before the inevitable horde of Noobies come and steal my name/M.O. :grin:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs