CM4Sci

2013 Galaxy Squad

I'm drooling over a new Space theme. :cry_happy:

And the name would fit with Galaxy Girl and Galactic Patrol CMF's. But stupid question? There is or was a rumor of another

Lego themed online game in development. Do we have any idea if Lego Galaxy is the proposed name of that?

Judging by the rumours we got,I highly doubt it is the MMO game,but if it was that would be a great name!The leaks from the sources could easily have people mixing up names though,so it entirily possible..

Seems like it could work as a name for a game.

Although releasing a MMOG named Lego Galaxy would be a pretty strange move immediately after the extreme success of Lego Universe. =P

Well this sounds pretty cool. But I guess it was only a matter of time before a space theme replaced Alien Conquest anyway. I'll be looking forward to more info in the future!

Galaxy Quest, eh? Sounds fun! :tongue:

MV5BMjA0NjM1ODkyMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODY0NDMzMg@@._V1._SY317_CR5,0,214,317_.jpg

In all seriousness, this does sound like an Insectoids remake, and I always thought a modern approach to Insectoids could be interesting, with some insect-like minifigs like Twitch as just2good pointed out. We'll have to see how this turns out, but for now I'm intrigued. Sounds like 2013 is going to see lots of animal-minifigs. :oh:

This is definitely exciting news. Lets hope that, if this proves true, it lives up to Space standards... they tend to be very high. :laugh:

Well, one guy who's seen the pics says it reminds him of classic space, the other one says it's childish and colorful like racers. It's funny how different those opinions are. I have to say, I trust TLG. The last "Space line" Alien conquest was good, Space Police III was great. So I think the next line won't be so bad. If this new line will see a release early 2013, maybe it won't take long until the first pictures show up.

Hello the name is galaxy squad.

Only it's me stees not clear what kind of theme word.

I'm just glad I know the name.

space theme with type animals around unsafe.

Polar express is Galaxy Squad space thema.

legomilk has reported the real name is "Galaxy Squad". Sounds better than "Galaxy Quest" I think. :grin:

Well, one guy who's seen the pics says it reminds him of classic space, the other one says it's childish and colorful like racers. It's funny how different those opinions are. I have to say, I trust TLG. The last "Space line" Alien conquest was good, Space Police III was great. So I think the next line won't be so bad. If this new line will see a release early 2013, maybe it won't take long until the first pictures show up.

To be fair, the guy calling it childish and colorful also said that it isn't serious and mature like Space Police... You know, the Theme with the purple suited Space Pimp? So I am kinda treating that particular evaluation with just a minor degree of skepticism.

Whether it's Galaxy Quest or Squad, it sounds like they'll be going down the Monster Hunters road (and other series) of having a few pre-defined hero characters. I reckon we'll get some specialty space suits and face prints etc. Given the kind of minifig pieces we've seen lately we could get some really nice new alien moulds too. I'm really interested to see what kind of sets they make, but I'm looking forward to what they come up with, given the quality of the last few themes

legomilk has reported the real name is "Galaxy Squad". Sounds better than "Galaxy Quest" I think. :grin:

Trying to find out anything is really hard, but Galaxy Quest is NOT the name of this new space theme.

I honestly hope that LEGO is reintroducing the insectoids theme in a way. But to live up to the Insectoids reputation for me, LEGO will have to make a new "Light and Sound" brick.

To be fair, the guy calling it childish and colorful also said that it isn't serious and mature like Space Police... You know, the Theme with the purple suited Space Pimp? So I am kinda treating that particular evaluation with just a minor degree of skepticism.

That would be me, eh? Ok, I agree that its each ones own opinion that counts, but I just want to add thaat i am classic space fan and I very much liked SP3 and AC, but i really didnt like this new theme. The problem is that basicaly not "space" theme, but rather "action" theme, wcich takes place in place in space, but has much more in common with agents or world racers than other spače themes.

But I have no doubt othat certain amount of people will find it atractive (besides KFOLS and TFOLS)

I think that as long as it has an Insectoids-like feel, a certain amount of people who have the old Insectoids sets will buy it.

Colorful and childish?

I love a lot of the less colorful and more dark colors, but I do enjoy the look of colorful themes like Friends, Dino, and Alien Conquest.

It sounds promising! :classic:

Edited by Walter

I'm guessing LEGO has already taken up their own version of the Space Marines CUUSOO project. You watch, it'll be that CMF Space Marine coloured red. Crossing my fingers for this so much!

:laugh:

That would be me, eh? Ok, I agree that its each ones own opinion that counts, but I just want to add thaat i am classic space fan and I very much liked SP3 and AC, but i really didnt like this new theme. The problem is that basicaly not "space" theme, but rather "action" theme, wcich takes place in place in space, but has much more in common with agents or world racers than other spače themes.

But I have no doubt othat certain amount of people will find it atractive (besides KFOLS and TFOLS)

Now that's a fair evaluation. I'm actually kind of curious now. I love Agents. One of my all time favorite themes. I can take or leave world racers. A little too zany at times. So something that threads between them and incorporates a Space theme could be cool. (I think that's what AC tried to do.) hopefully they stear clear of the wacky Bionicle leftover weaponry like giant ball guns.

The first wave of Agents is IMO the greatest single wave that lego has ever done.. so that comment has me jumping for joy!

World racers on the other hands...