Saw these in the local Hobby/RC shop

at first I wondered if TLG had just sold the rights to use the parts/molds.. since they were so very un-lego like in the first place, and haven't been sold for 6 years

Then I figured they might just be regular clones - although probably the most complex ones I've ever seen - complete with all the electronic parts!

Anyway.. thought I'd post in here, since I often see the wheels being used in various MOC's / truck trials...

IMG_1557.JPG

IMG_1558.JPG

Out of interest, they weren't actually cheap - around AUD$160!

RB

Well hey howdy hey. The plagiarists are running amok! :angry: However, the orange and the blue model look new, and interesting, particularly the orange one. I'm kind of wondering if these are available in the U.S.

I actually found some knockoff racers of my own, but they weren't nearly this cool. What I'm wondering is if someone could do a comparison with the original Lego versions, cause this could be a good source of good tires for off roaders, as the Lego ones are quite rare. :thumbup:

P.S. I've done some research, and found out they're from China. And knowing this, the quality is probably either passable or terrible. :laugh: Also, I've found a video from Russia, and from what I've seen, it's pretty good. (The car, I mean.)

Oh wow! looks great! does anybod know where you can order these online for shipping to the USA

Giving money to companies who blatantly steal LEGO's copyrights is usually considered bad form. Beyond that, it would be illegal to sell these in the USA (and many other places). You therefore won't find any reputable online retailers selling them. You might find some disreputable ones though!

Ok, it is not Lego I don´t want it. I played with an original Lego RC and I think it had less power than this, maybe they were the battery... I hope...

This is just I've found a couple of days ago...

0TR5V.jpgo51qE.jpgSMXFq.jpgPycLP.jpguEpwO.jpg6dQ8d.jpgWYkm0.jpgpkWMw.jpgP6EYe.jpgZgXcd.jpgcr1Hr.jpg

The models where almost the same, sometimes avoiding lots of pieces instead of panel use, and the quality not as bad as usual Lego clones, but poor.

hah.. I'd seen plenty of regular clones before, both system, and technic models..

but this was the first I'd seen with electronics.

They don't seem to be that common.. I'd be pretty pee'd off if I bought a 2ndhand set, and found it to be a clone...

Fortunately, they are usually VERY easy to spot, for some of us experienced collectors! default_blink.gif

RB

We can appreciate the PARANOIA *huh* that The Lego Group has about "leaked" images of their new sets -- if they are going to be CLONED and underpriced, then TLG's profits go down. I don't recall ever seeing a "cloned" Lego Technic set for sale on USA store shelves. Megabloks is sold side-by-side with Lego here, but their set designs are not identical CLONES of Lego sets.

We can appreciate the PARANOIA *huh* that The Lego Group has about "leaked" images of their new sets -- if they are going to be CLONED and underpriced, then TLG's profits go down. I don't recall ever seeing a "cloned" Lego Technic set for sale on USA store shelves. Megabloks is sold side-by-side with Lego here, but their set designs are not identical CLONES of Lego sets.

Yes :tongue: , but they can post set list without photos to satisfy us. :laugh:

I had the pleasure of seeing Knock offs of the 8653 Enzo and 8674 Ferrari F1 a few years ago....

I would say that the build time for these models probably doubled that of a real Lego set because you had to remove the pieces from a parts tree...

Some of the clones can be considered as actual C-model.

Interesting.

I did some research and I found out that these SNL racers were being sold on wwww.Alibala.com for as low as $10-$20 USD. They are made by Yidan (or Yidang i forget)in Donguan, China. They are availible for mass order...I want to only get one because of the big green tires zblj uses a lot from the green one... (yes I forget the name)

Anyone else noticed how some of those Technic models are intentionally a tiny bit different, I guess so they cannot be accused of "just" copying? The excavator has a windscreen and an extra linkage on the arm, the yellow truck has a weird closed windscreen :facepalm:, the red monster truck has a front wing, the red buggy has other rear wheels, I don't know about the white quad, the helicopter has a smaller main rotor.

I haven't seen differences to the two Nitro models

Also it looks like "firebolt racer" is their own design. The unprecedented beauty of the alternative model proves that :rofl:

If legally that is not plagiarism... make a construction of another and change a piece or two is not legally punishable even if ethically?.

I did some research and I found out that these SNL racers were being sold on wwww.Alibala.com for as low as $10-$20 USD. They are made by Yidan (or Yidang i forget)in Donguan, China. They are availible for mass order...I want to only get one because of the big green tires zblj uses a lot from the green one... (yes I forget the name)

You spelled the name of the site wrong, and I'm not sure if they're reputable or not. And like Blakbird said, giving them money is bad form. How these guys are even getting away with this is beyond me. I'm actually debating as to whether or not we should tell Lego.

Anyone else noticed how some of those Technic models are intentionally a tiny bit different, I guess so they cannot be accused of "just" copying? The excavator has a windscreen and an extra linkage on the arm, the yellow truck has a weird closed windscreen :facepalm:, the red monster truck has a front wing, the red buggy has other rear wheels, I don't know about the white quad, the helicopter has a smaller main rotor.

I haven't seen differences to the two Nitro models

Also it looks like "firebolt racer" is their own design. The unprecedented beauty of the alternative model proves that :rofl:

Well, it looks like the knockoff makers haven't replicated some of the newest Lego parts, which explains some of the changes. The rest are explained by the fact that they just did not care. :laugh:

As an aside, the "Heavy Truck", and the "Firebolt Racer", are both knockoffs of the same set! 8041 gave the copyers two sets for the price of one! :laugh:

I don't get it. Can't TLG declare plagiarism and sue these clone companies?

@ sama: See this article about "Lego Loses Trademark Battle": "The Lego brick, one of the most instantly recognised toys in the world, cannot be trademarked, European judges have ruled.

"The Danish toymaker's basic red plastic brick was the building block for a global toy-industry success. The brick's shape was registered as an EU trademark in 1999.

"But the rival Canadian maker Mega Brands successfully appealed to the EU's trademark office to cancel Lego's trademark. The experts decreed that a brick was a technical shape which could not be trademarked.

"Lego, claimed the company's lawyers, contains characteristics that set it apart. But the judges ruled that keeping the Lego trademark on the brick design created a monopoly on what amounted to a functional shape."

patentbricks.jpg

@ sama: See this article about "Lego Loses Trademark Battle": "The Lego brick, one of the most instantly recognised toys in the world, cannot be trademarked, European judges have ruled.

"The Danish toymaker's basic red plastic brick was the building block for a global toy-industry success. The brick's shape was registered as an EU trademark in 1999.

While the brick itself may not be a trademark, yes LEGO could certainly sue the company which is the subject of this thread for copying an entire product, including packaging. However, suing a Chinese company is totally pointless because the government will not enforce any penalties.

While the brick itself may not be a trademark, yes LEGO could certainly sue the company which is the subject of this thread for copying an entire product, including packaging. However, suing a Chinese company is totally pointless because the government will not enforce any penalties.

Just ask Apple. Makes LEGO's deep pockets to fight look empty in comparison.

Well, despite my vast and impressive vocabulary, all I would like to say is this:

Dear companies of China (and one in Canada)

F@*K OFF!

(Up) Yours sincerly

Al.

I think that's clear enough.

Edited by allanp

Dear companies of China (and one in Canada)

That was indeed pretty clear. However, this brings to mind Lazlo's Chinese Relativity Axiom:

No matter how great your triumphs or how tragic your defeats, approximately one billion Chinese couldn't care less.

This might apply:

picture_044.jpg

No, I didn't make this, and it isn't directed at Chinese knockoffers in any way. But it still fits. :tongue:

Up yours, plagiarizers!

i've come across this auction on ebay:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Famous-Car-Technik-Baukasten-mit-Lego-Figur-Ferrari-Fiorano-599-GTB-8145-/321302495805?pt=DE_Allesf%C3%BCrdKind_Spielzeug_Lego&hash=item4acf1f023d

it explicitely says that it's not affiliated in any way with TLC, but the parts look just like the real deal from what i can tell. furthermore, i'm quite sure that i've seen this car as an MOC somewhere around here...

has anyone ever bought this or a comparable set and can tell me something about his experiences? i mean, 70€ for 1,3k pieces is quite a bargain i guess, and from the looks of it, the parts might just be compatible...

so, any remarks?

That's a Chinese copy. Poor quality. There is a whole topic on here somewhere about copies and their quality.

In one of the pictures you can see they build the engine with the cylinders upside down!