Rick

2013 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

My kids won't care about modelling a realistic airport, they'll just play happilly with the big plane that can fit stuff in. YMMV.

Suggestion for those who don't have room for an airstrip. If you model the airport apron at the front of your layout, and have taxi-ways continue over the edge it suggests the presence of a huge runway, without the need to build one.

Kind of like take-off at Yeager Airport in my home town :tongue::classic:

My kids won't care about modelling a realistic airport, they'll just play happilly with the big plane that can fit stuff in. YMMV.

I did when I was young, this airplane is more or less Duplo instead of LEGO.

This advent calendar is definitely better that the last one and some previous ones as well. I like that they included the new santa since i missed out on getting one with that particular minifigure series and the dalmatian so i dont have to buy the fire station to get that. The micro toy builds are nice and i can always use a table and bench for my buildings. The astronaut and the octane driver do seem odd but are ok. I do wish part of the set could of build the small building shown on the box cover. This will be my first advent calendar.

I'm kind of relieved that nothing really interest me this year except maybe the coast guard stuff and the Friends cruiser, I need to catch up on some old sets I missed out on over the years.

Anyone know when to expect the next wave of city sumer sets in store?

Depends which country you live in. Some of Europe have them instores already; but the US should have 'em by next week.

I would argue that the planes are more realistic now than they were then. They're wider and bigger, sure - but that's certainly correct vis-a-vis minifig scale. Real-world passenger and cargo jets aren't just wide enough for one person, as they were in the four-stud era.

Edited by polarscribe

Actually if were true to scale Lego's jet planes would be 12 wide at least but cost factor comes in and we get what we get now.....though the older planes have that cute factor too.

Personally, I prefer the newer planes and will have to find the space to put of the aircraft from this year. :blush:

I love the VTOL plane and the coast guard sets. I wonder if we'll ever get a full scale logging subtheme?

I wonder if we'll ever get a full scale logging subtheme?

(Off-topic)....to make a range about the same as Mining, could feature:

- Sawmill with small log truck and forklift

- Log tug with a small dock and log crane

- Log harvester and large log truck

- Logging crummy (pickup truck)

Each set would also feature chainsaw, couple of logs and 1-2 trees. Similar to mining having dynamite, jewels, rocks.

Edited by andythenorth

(Off-topic)....to make a range about the same as Mining, could feature:

- Sawmill with small log truck and forklift

- Log tug with a small dock and log crane

- Log harvester and large log truck

- Logging crummy (pickup truck)

Each set would also feature chainsaw, couple of logs and 1-2 trees. Similar to mining having dynamite, jewels, rocks.

I would definitely be interested in a logging theme as tomdobs55 asks about and what you have suggested, would make an ideal replacement to the mining theme which didn't really appeal to me. May the Log Harvester would come with its own transporter like 4203 Excavator Transporter then we could have the Large Log truck as a separate so you could buy multiple log lorries separately for a a decent truck fleet.

Er, isn't this meant to be about rumours, actual sets and images......wish lists go elsewhere, we don't want to upset the mod's now do we. :wink:

I'm wondering if Lego are going to release the cargo and coast guard sets at different times since there are so many ? :look:

Well tiger, it is called the rumour and discussion topic;). But on topic I love the coast guard stuff I want those boats all of them.

Yes, but there is wish topic....making suggestions for sets goes there. :wink:

And I agree with you I want the boats as well.....though I still find mini sub an odd rescue vehicle. :wink:

It's an odd choice for a rescue vehicle but it looks like a fun little build. I really like the lighthouse island too that's in the coast guard theme.

Review of the Surfer Rescue:

What the? No new shark mold? Or is the new mold only for White shark?

Edited by Lordofdragonss

Review of the Surfer Rescue:

Hmm, perhaps it is only for the white shark. That's disappointing. I was quite hoping that aspect of the official pics was just preliminary.

There's probably an understandable reason, such as that TLG may have had plenty of Dark Stone Grey copies of the old shark body left over from previous sets' production. But it's still a real disappointment.

Edited by Aanchir

Review of the Surfer set:

I posted my review four pages back. :tongue:

I don't recall of them saying that a new shark mold would appear in this wave, and wven at the Toy Fair they used that mold. :wink:

I'm kind of relieved that nothing really interest me this year except maybe the coast guard stuff and the Friends cruiser, I need to catch up on some old sets I missed out on over the years.

According to our Lego store manager friend, June 1st for the UK, probably the same for the US.

I posted my review four pages back. :tongue:

I don't recall of them saying that a new shark mold would appear in this wave, and wven at the Toy Fair they used that mold. :wink:

The white sharks in the official pics use the new molds, so I think it's safe to say it IS being introduced with this wave. Just not for the dark stone grey sharks.

The white sharks in the official pics use the new molds, so I think it's safe to say it IS being introduced with this wave. Just not for the dark stone grey sharks.

Ah, I actually did not notice that!

... Although the white shark in the video review was clearly not the new mold. Don't get your hopes up!