Rick

2013 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Yup. It was on my to-buy list (if it were te be released) because the new set is a bit over the top for me (the crane is just too much). So I really hope it will be re-released for those of you who don't have it yet, it's a nice set. Or maybe you could be as lucky as I was...

It was a lucky Lego-day for me anyway, got 60016 at just under 75% of the listprice too. This one I got at a drugstore (Kruidvat) which has the same discount for most of the vehicle sets from this year as far as I could see, so a nice tip for my fellow dutch guys 'n gals (and visitors) that want one of those.

A strange thing can be found in instruction book 2 of 60031, http://cache.lego.co...ons/6040246.pdf. After set inventory, why the sets shown are only last year great vehicles? Why don't they show other town sets, i.e. 60023 & 60026 in it?

I saw that too when I downloaded the instructions, it did seem odd though.....could this be an after thought re-release - it does say copy-write 2013 on the very bottom of the back page of the instruction book.....so it's a real head scratcher. :blush:

According to one or two from customer service it's been and gone - but no one that's on EB has ever written about seeing it anywhere........yep, head scratcher for sure. :blush:

Not sure if its been mentioned before but in the City Starter Set 60023 the Police motorcyclist and the robber minifigures are in the old style clothing whereas the Firefighter and Paramedic are in the latest uniforms. Wonder why this is as would have thought all would be the most up-to-date versions!

Well the 2013 police torsos are for the elite forces.....i.e. tactical response or s.w.a.t. unit.....so regular police will still be the same though I prefer the newer police uniforms.

:grin:

Now on a slightly different topic......60026, I have built most of it tonight minus half a crane. Right then, I found one part over and three missing....no big problem a visit to Toy Corner and I'll fix that. Funny that I had a 1x4 blue brick left over from bag 8 for the crane base......went over the instructions again and still I couldn't find a home for it.

Also the curved windows on the pizza bar make things a little tough but Lego could have included a few extra bricks for strength of the slope pieces that go on top for the roof.....clutch power issues due to this failing.

Still I'm enjoying the build and glad I brought it today.......it will go perfectly with my multi-storey building. :grin:

Late last night I finished 60026, the most impressive part of the set is oddly enough the crane....the front end of truck is fantastic, oh I should add that the base plates for the riders on the crane store under the rotating crane body.

And even more oddly, I like the little tractor.....so much potential to add things to it like a little trailer to carry tools, etc.,.

Perhaps Lego realised that us AFOL's would buy this set and want to make things to go with this set.......for us to fill the gaps ? :wink:

Surprisingly enough I was a little let down on the bike shop.....the rotating door only has one attachment point and when rotating the curved panels catch the black window frames.

Besides that both shops are nice, but again like 7993 things missing that could have lifted this set to the level of Town Plan or some of the modulars.......price point and trying to hard was Lego's problem here.

I still really enjoyed building it and glad I have it in my collection.....my tall building won't be lonely. :laugh:

Where'd you get 60026 in Australia? I haven't been able to find is in Canada or USA yet?

I picked up 60026 at BigW.....they have the Aussie exclusive rights for this set.

Just about finished building my 60026, its one of the best City sets to date (along with the Public Transit set). Only negative is that my copy is missing the blue bike helmet :( (I submitted a replacement part request though so hopefully LEGO will send me one)

I guess we'll all wait until September and see eh ? :wink:

Yes! Please stay calm. Odds are high that it is just another mistake. If it's not, the better.

Still waiting on 60026 and the other Summer 2013 releases to appear at US S&H and Lego Stores... Toys R Us had a flyer saying they only had the CG sets :(

TRU USA also showed 60020 Cargo Truck, 60021 Cargo Heliplane, and 60027 Monster Truck Transporter along with the Starter Pack earlier today. They were, however, not in stores. Not yet.

TRU USA also showed 60020 Cargo Truck, 60021 Cargo Heliplane, and 60027 Monster Truck Transporter along with the Starter Pack earlier today. They were, however, not in stores. Not yet.

I can't find them on the site, do you have a link? I'm a bit annoyed because I have a bunch of discounts to use next week and last week I drove 150 miles looking for them :P

Edited by leavebeaver2me

I can't find them on the site, do you have a link? I'm a bit annoyed because I have a bunch of discounts to use next week and last week I drove 150 miles looking for them :P

This is The American site, I presume. http://www.toysrus.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=3686910&view=all&ab=TRU_Header:City:Category

--FWIW they're all listed only as "Sold In Stores." I checked mine today for the HeliPlane. No luck.

EDIT: Speaking of which, found this product description rather interesting:

Safety Warnings:

CHOKING HAZARD - Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.

Product Description

Call in the giant Cargo Heliplane to transport the logs to LEGO City! First, UNLOAD THE TOUGH QUAD BIKE* from the plane. Drive it into the forest where the lumberjacks are working hard to saw the logs for transport. Bundle them up and use the quad bike to tow them to the waiting Cargo Heliplane. Load up the plane and lift the logs away with the Cargo Heliplane's adjustable rotors and powerful engines! Put the pilot in the cockpit with a cup of coffee and his dog to make the delivery! Includes 3 minifigures and accessories: a pilot and 2 lumberjacks.

So it sounds like the back of the Osprey does in fact open up! Didn't know that...

(*Uppercase mine for emphasis.)

Edited by Mr. Elijah Timms

This is The American site, I presume. http://www.toysrus.c...r:City:Category

--FWIW they're all listed only as "Sold In Stores." I checked mine today for the HeliPlane. No luck.

EDIT: Speaking of which, found this product description rather interesting:

Safety Warnings:

CHOKING HAZARD - Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.

Product Description

Call in the giant Cargo Heliplane to transport the logs to LEGO City! First, UNLOAD THE TOUGH QUAD BIKE* from the plane. Drive it into the forest where the lumberjacks are working hard to saw the logs for transport. Bundle them up and use the quad bike to tow them to the waiting Cargo Heliplane. Load up the plane and lift the logs away with the Cargo Heliplane's adjustable rotors and powerful engines! Put the pilot in the cockpit with a cup of coffee and his dog to make the delivery! Includes 3 minifigures and accessories: a pilot and 2 lumberjacks.

So it sounds like the back of the Osprey does in fact open up! Didn't know that...

(*Uppercase mine for emphasis.)

My guess is that the quad bike is slung below the plane and unloading means disconnecting it from the hitch.

Yes, the quad is way too wide to fit in the plane. The hook attaches to the back of the quad via one of these: 2432.gif?0

The German catalogue posted today shows a release date of August for the Cargo sets and no mention of 60026 :(

I think that one is supposed to be exclusive of Lego Stores & online Shop (plus possibly some selected resellers)

Edited by antp

I think that one is supposed to be exclusive of Lego Stores & online Shop (plus possibly some selected resellers)

I think this as well.

By the way (the tiger might be interested): I found a 60031 on the shelves and took it home with me. Guess where. :grin:

I will try to make proper images and a short description soon.

I think this as well.

By the way (the tiger might be interested): I found a 60031 on the shelves and took it home with me. Guess where. :grin:

I will try to make proper images and a short description soon.

Okay I'll bite where ? :grin:

Now I will look forward to those images 'PsyKater'.....yes, please. :wink: