Rick

2013 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

... Although the white shark in the video review was clearly not the new mold. Don't get your hopes up!

Ah, well. Maybe the new one will show up in a later production run like the remolded BIONICLE Shadow Matoran foot which only showed up in later production runs of 6201 Toxic Reapa. And hopefully unlike that part, it will continue to appear in other, later sets rather than disappearing completely for the next year and a half. A big disappointment that we can't count on seeing it in the Coast Guard sets, but I sure hope it is getting released eventually — it's so much better than the current shark body in so many ways.

Saw the Coast Guard sets at TRU tonight. Some prices with the markup, for those that were curious:

60011 Surger Rescue-- $6.99

60012 4x4 & Diving Boat-- $22.99

60013 Coast Guard Helicopter-- $54.99

60014 Coast Guard Patrol-- $89.99

PS-- The boat box is big and beautiful, and really steals attention from thr rest of the City display on the shelf.

Saw the Coast Guard sets at TRU tonight. Some prices with the markup, for those that were curious:

PS-- The boat box is big and beautiful, and really steals attention from thr rest of the City display on the shelf.

I couldn't agree with you more. I saw these at TRU last weekend, and though I'm not too interested in Coast Guard, this and the helicopter had me on the fence for a minute, esp since they had a BOGO 50% off sale. Alas, I relented and got a couple Galaxy Squad sets instead, since they had all but the Titan. I'm holding out for the new Cargo sets...the VTOL and the cargo plane are pretty much buy on sight for me. I like the new cockpit piece and the resemblance to the V-22 Osprey makes me giddy.

If I have any beef with the large planes, it's the lack of retracting gear. On a model that size, it wouldn't be hard to implement, although the large lower forward fuselage piece would need a cutout to accommodate the gear while maintaining a smooth surface. If they're going for realism with the rounded fuselage parts, why not go the rest of the way and make retracting gear? Why, LEGO, Why?!

It's Surfer Rescue, no Surger. Surger can be surgery or surgeon. :wink:

Oh, thanks-- actually I meant to say STURGEON RESCUE. Our stalwart Coast Guard officer has to save a fish from that shark.

Actually just wanted to drop a note to my fellow American builders-- TargetUSA is currently offering a BOGO 50% on all City and Galaxy Squad (however, the sign staed something about not being able interchange themes as part of the deal). They don't have any of the Coast Guard stuff yet, of course, but if you missed out on amount from the Winter wave then this is probably right up your alley. Thought it might be worth sharing...

Oh, thanks-- actually I meant to say STURGEON RESCUE. Our stalwart Coast Guard officer has to save a fish from that shark.

No, THIS is Sturgeon Rescue...

wdr-620-sturgeon-fish_zpse861db9e.jpg

Well, at least you did try and sing....."Like a Sturgeon.....swimming for the very first time !" :laugh:

Okay, no more off topic especially from me....otherwise Rick won't help retitle any of my expanding projects/topics ! :grin:

On topic now, I noticed on Lego's City page all the summer releases being shown in full on the first of June.....except 60026 town square is not listed ? :look:

Currently one minifig from each set is on full show, but that's all.

Is town square a TRU exclusive or a brand store exclusive?

So, looking on S@H at the new 60012 4 x 4 & Diving Boat, consisting of 128pc, for $19.99. Where as, the 2008 version, 7737 Coast Guard 4WD and Jet Scooter, with 130pc, was only $9.99... Am I missing something here?! In 5 years, the the exact same set, more or less, has gone up 100+%? 2 less pieces for $10 more? I'm kind of in shock, I mean hell, I didn't pay over $13-14 USD, shipping included, for either of my 2008 versions and they where 4 years discontinued :angry::classic:

Is town square a TRU exclusive or a brand store exclusive?

A TRU exclusive I believe, but even in that case brand stores should have it as well.

Edited by Aanchir

[Town Square is] A TRU exclusive I believe, but even in that case brand stores should have it as well.

Yeah, based off of the other Summer recrational exclusives- the Public Transport and the Garage from last year. :wink:

Though the garage 4207 was a Kmart exclusive in Australia so it could be any major toy retailer or department store chain in your country........oh, yeah I posted in Aussie Sales that Town Square was up on Lego's S@H site for $ 129.99 AU.

Edited by lightningtiger

S@H in Canada only has these sets too. Anyone know why 60015 Coast Guard Plane hasn't been released yet?

Edited by Mooch

S&H in Canada only has these sets too. Anyone know why 60015 Coast Guard Plane hasn't been released yet?

To give us time to purchase the first few, budget, and save for the latter. :tongue: They will probably be released mid-late June.I think that's how they released the mid-year sets last summer :classic:

All of them appear in the S@H swiss shop, some not even tagged as "new" in the shop.... The boat in the 60015 set is for me the most interesting, besides 60026, with the statue...

S&H in Canada only has these sets too. Anyone know why 60015 Coast Guard Plane hasn't been released yet?

Well, it's 59.99 on the Australian S@H page for Lego City.......I'm surprised that many of the sets are priced....well, quite reasonable. :blush:

Though the garage 4207 was a Kmart exclusive in Australia so it could be any major toy retailer or department store chain in your country........oh, yeah I posted in Aussie Sales that Town Square was up on Lego's S@H site for $ 129.99 AU.
I received my copy of 60026 yesterday afternoon http://www.flickr.co...rd/8899576928/ :tongue:. Edited by Steinkopf

To give us time to purchase the first few, budget, and save for the latter. :tongue: They will probably be released mid-late June.I think that's how they released the mid-year sets last summer :classic:

Oh okay! I thought it was odd that they wouldn't release all the Coast Guard sets together.

The Coast Guard sets have also appeared in stores in the Netherlands, but I wasn't looking for them. After searching a bit, shuffling boxes around etcetera I found what i wás looking for: 60023 City Starter Set. It was hidden from view, behind some other boxes, so maybe it wasn't supposed to be on sale yet, but the cash register didn't protest, so it's the first summer set I got.

That looks more like a small street cleaner than a lawn mower. Aren't the blades supposed to be under the lawn mower?

Oh. I thought LEGO would do a stereotypical lawnmower, with the blades under it.