Rick

2013 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Everything in the Town set is prefect except for the crane which i think is just too big. I would of rather smaller version with the extra bricks being used to make a car and to make the street sweeper a little bigger.

Is it just the architect in me or is using a revolving door on a bike shop a bad design? I mean how in the world could a person bring in/out his/her bike through a revolving door when it's already tedious to do so on a normal door? The previous small bike shop in city corner did it right by offering a wide opening.

Is it just the architect in me or is using a revolving door on a bike shop a bad design? I mean how in the world could a person bring in/out his/her bike through a revolving door when it's already tedious to do so on a normal door? The previous small bike shop in city corner did it right by offering a wide opening.

I think the better question is how the heck do you get the bike down from the second floor.

I don't think it's just the architect in you. My first thought was, "cool revolving door", followed very quickly by "in a bike store?".

I think this town centre set has some nice features, like the bus, crane and statue. However, the set as a whole feels very disjointed. Town square and city corner felt a lot more cohesive.

Initial thoughts on the City Square were great, really vibrant, nice big set. But having a closer look, I see some design flaws, the one that stood out to me the most was on the Pizza Shop with the 2 x 3 slopes. They are only attached by 2 studs at the back, not very solid! You could argue the same for the 3 x 2 slopes on the side.

I think the better question is how the heck do you get the bike down from the second floor.

You throw it out the back silly!

I love the new tools that come with the racing truck set. The cordless drill is kinda different.

Also, I'm not too fond of TLG getting into 8 wide vehicles (crane and Octan racer truck) again, while buildings seem to get smaller

The Octan truck is 6-wide.

Initial thoughts on the City Square were great, really vibrant, nice big set. But having a closer look, I see some design flaws, the one that stood out to me the most was on the Pizza Shop with the 2 x 3 slopes. They are only attached by 2 studs at the back, not very solid! You could argue the same for the 3 x 2 slopes on the side.

That's a play feature! You can destroy pizza place! The back story is that burger king is speaking revenge and plants bomb in the pizza place!

Jokes a side I have to agree with you. First look really made me love town square, but then I started thinking ( I know shocking) : why crane? Very specific thing to have in place where it is very rare to see one. A hole crane to put a sign on top?

Bus is cool, but why no civil cars? You got a crane and not a single customer car or even delivery truck? Sort of missed opportunity there.

The new sets looks amazing. :wink: The City Square seems similar to the CIty Corner but a lot bigger and with more additions. It has the bike shop and pizzeria like the city corner and the bus, but has some other vehicles too. THe bike shop and the pizzeria looks like a huge improvement from the city corner as they looked a lot more detailed. Overall, these new sets look great so I cant wait to read some reviews.

I just don't think Town Square is that great at all, The bus is nice and the bike shop is pretty nice, the Pizza shop is not good, the crane is strange item in the set, the sweeper is kinda ugly and there seems nothing new about any of the minifigs.

There is a lot of people loving the bus but personally I don't get it. I don't think the bus looks good with the train doors at all & in my opinion, the yellow bus from City Corner is far superior to the red bus. Does anyone care to give a reason why they prefer the red bus over the yellow one from City Corner?

I reckon they've put the crane in this set so that they don't have to run another contruction line for a while! I was a big fan of the construction line when I started getting back into LEGO, but realised it had a very short life because at some point the town needs to be completed!

There is a lot of people loving the bus but personally I don't get it. I don't think the bus looks good with the train doors at all & in my opinion, the yellow bus from City Corner is far superior to the red bus. Does anyone care to give a reason why they prefer the red bus over the yellow one from City Corner?

I think that apart from the door it is a better design. The glass doors are better no doubt but the rest of the bus design is better I think. There are a few more details which help - Like the back end which looks like it might contain the engine, the mirror design and the new destination board stickers. I'm sure there are other details as well that we will discover in time but I do agree with you about the doors. This is an easy fix though...

What would be nice would be if LEGO were to produce a door which was half width so you could fit two in a standard door frame. This would be an awesome part for us in buses, trains, lifts, etc, etc.

Cheers

Rog

The Octan truck is 6-wide.

(Octan racer) Truck yes, trailer no

guys stop complaining like the town square is a modular/creator/expert line. they is city line, hence mainly for kids and has little to no modular like details.

it is what it is, comparing its obvious predecessor, which is the city corner, and its a welcome update. i'm getting one for sure

I too wonder about the door on the bike shop.....I would consider it more a clothing and accessory outlet with a motorcycle on display upstairs.

Let's hope the mini shops make it though the review process on Cuusoo....one of them would really help town square out. :wink:

I personally like the crane. It's got the level of realism and detail of the XXL Mobile Crane from 2005 in a size that's much more reasonable for a City layout. Whether it's necessary for the set is another story, but it certainly adds a lot of play value to the set in terms of giving kids another way to interact with the set (instead of just constructing each building and then having them as static settings, the crane can lift the Bike Shop sign onto the roof or the statue onto its pedestal).

On a side note, maybe that answers our question of how the bike gets down from the second floor of the bike shop-- the crane removes the roof and airlifts it out! :laugh:

I wish lego would made a sigle bus set , buses are amazing

That's one thing I've been wondering about too for many years now. As they make loads of more or less special vehicles every year, they could have made also something more common, and that's just what the bus is.

That's one thing I've been wondering about too for many years now. As they make loads of more or less special vehicles every year, they could have made also something more common, and that's just what the bus is.

I think a major reason buses don't tend to appear as smaller, independent sets is because the main play value in a bus comes from it carrying passengers, and generally only the largest sets have a large number of minifigures to act as passengers. A bus set with just a driver and one or two passengers would seem kind of silly.

I think a major reason buses don't tend to appear as smaller, independent sets is because the main play value in a bus comes from it carrying passengers, and generally only the largest sets have a large number of minifigures to act as passengers. A bus set with just a driver and one or two passengers would seem kind of silly.

I don't think that's the reason. LEGO buses only have capacity for half a dozen minifigs so only getting 2-3 in a set would be a reasonable load so I don't think that's a big enough reason.

Cheers

Rog

In the town square box art, the overlap of the sword in the foreground and awning in the background gives the appearance of the statue holding a cross! :wacko:

Edited by RoxYourBlox

Add a small bus station, maybe a roadplate, a bench and some greenery and you got something very playable and not silly :wink:

379-1.1105127490.jpg