Rick

2013 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Only thing I can see missing is the Life Guard Bouy from the CMF. Kinda surprised with a coast guard theme we aren't seeing that peice used.

LEGO shop at home cache has already uploaded offical images of some second half City sets, including 60015, 60025, 60026, 60027

Image of 60015 should be first released.

Here are the captured images.

60015.jpg

60015_alt1.jpg

60025.jpg

60025_alt1.jpg

60025_alt2.jpg

60025_alt3.jpg

60025_alt4.jpg

60026.jpg

60026_alt1.jpg

60026_alt2.jpg

60026_alt3.jpg

60026_alt4.jpg

60026_alt5.jpg

60027.jpg

60027_alt1.jpg

... Ooh, looks like a 'new' white shark in set 60013

It seems to have gill slits. Odd if its a new mould and only in one of those sets

... Ooh, looks like a 'new' white shark in set 60013

It seems to have gill slits. Odd if its a new mould and only in one of those sets

Official images can sometimes be slightly inaccurate... I would expect the new shark mold to be in every new set with a shark.

The new shark mold is also on LDD already. I mentioned it here. In addition to its many cosmetic changes, it now has different connection points on the bottom so it can be placed directly on a LEGO baseplate without a 1x2 plate in between. Compare it to the old shark body on LDD to see for yourself!

And wow, I'm quite surprised by the new City sets being on cache.LEGO.com already. Incidentally, here's the URL template to see the images in 4000px wide with transparency.

EDIT: Love that the bus has ads for not just the bike shop, but the LEGO City Museum!

Edited by Aanchir

Thanks for the pictures! I love the boat in the CG exclusive set, and the City Square looks amazing. :wub:

From looking at the new pictures, it looks like the windows on the red bus are most definatly trans-smoke which is good :)

I see this

60025_alt1.jpg

and raise a big "meh... :hmpf_bad: " due to the existence of this gem from 1996...

6335-1.jpg

Edited by SheepEater

Thank you for the pictures!

Well I'm now convinced that Town Square looks like the best set of 2013. There is almost nothing I don't like about it. Sure, the crane really isn't needed, but I'm not against it being there. In fact, it's a very nice looking crane. I'll just put it in a different area of my layout. I'm not sure about the sweeper, though. Hopefully it will grow on me, but it will not replace my sweeper from the Public Transport set. Both buildings are beautiful. I'm not really a sports person, so I might try modding the bike shop into a clothing store. The sandwich board is a nice detail- very common in my area. The statue looks good and since I have a park in my layout it will fit in perfectly. I love the bus- great use of the black train doors. They look better than the clear doors. I hope there are extra stickers to designate which route the bus is on. And eight minifigs! Has any other CITY set had that many? I can't think of any. So this set is a big winner for me, and I'm looking forward to getting one. It will be, however, bittersweet as I'll be removing City Corner, one of my favorites, to make room.

And eight minifigs! Has any other CITY set had that many? I can't think of any.

Brickset, you make things far too easy for me...

12 minifigs

10159-1.jpg

11 minifigs

10001-1.jpg

Town Square: best one.

I don't know if I am seeing things but does the lady with the headphones (which are awesome-looking) getting on the bus in the Town Square set have the ball cap that has been used in the minifigures line? I am hoping so.

The floatplane seems kind of meh... we just had a police floatplane and a water-dumping flying boat, so... seems kind of redundant. But the helicopter looks sweet. :wub:

Real U.S. Coast Guard vessels are armed, so I'm already thinking of how to mount a BrickArms minigun on the forecastle of the cutter, and replace those little firefighting waterjets with BrickArms M-60 machine guns ;) The roughly-prototypical 110' Island-class patrol vessel mounts a 25mm chaingun, so a minigun isn't far off the mark.

Edited by polarscribe

LEGO really messed up on the "new" life jacket, it's one of the worst things ever in LEGO and I don't understand how it ever got made. I understand wanting to take the big (awesome) old style and make one that uses less plastic, but it's designed like it was never even test ran on a minifigure, the head sticks up way to much, and I can't be the only one incredibly annoyed by that.

Town Square is the most anticipated CITY set in quite some time! The public bus definitely looks better than the City Corner version (I don't compare the Public Trans. bus since that looks more like a coach/tour bus). They've come up with more buses in the last 4 years than they ever had!

Also, the bike shop. It's nice, but what's more interesting is just I know... I KNOW... talents in here and in flickr are already drawing up ideas to give their 32x32 corner modular version of the bike shop. The interpretations will be interesting!

All in all, I like all the other releases too, like Cargo, Coast Guard and motorsports. Hopefully TLG should note, now that Friends have sucked up some of the CITY/Town essentials, that there are more ways to give CITY more "action" than just endless Fire/Police rehashes! These releases are still something that boys, IMO, should like!

The Town Square is simply brilliant! I am a castle collector, but even I can appreciate it... :tongue:

Boy do I wish that new tool set was available now, it would be perfect for the gas station I have built and intend to display :)

Too bad it wont be out for months :(

I'm sorry SheepEater, I was thinking about sets in the CITY theme (2005-present) but yea, some of those Classic Town sets were loaded with minifigs. In fact, the Metroliner came to mind when I thought of sets with a high minifig count. I think eight figures in a current CITY set is very generous. I hope we get more of that in the future.

I'm also a fan of the Coast Guard sets this year, they all look very good. Unfortunately my layout has reached its maximum size and I'm not sure if any of them will fit, not to mention the new Cargo stuff.

Loving Town Square - wanting at least one copy, if not two. Hopefully the pricing isn't too high though.

Ah, yes Town Square for me....though a giant crane in it.......a smaller one with a delivery truck to carry the statue on would have been a little more realistic. I'm wondering what Lego's idea is behind bike shops and pizza bars all the time ? :tongue:

Plus I can't wait for those racing transporters....both of them......new tool wheels ! :grin: (about time !.....the one we have now came out in the mid-1990's)