Rick

2013 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Thanks 'damin' and I now have the answer really why my Cuusoo Honda dealer project was canned by powers at Cuusoo ! :hmpf_bad:

Though it's a cool bike shop.....double storey as well......that is going to be one expensive set......but I must get it my heart and brain tell me ! :grin:

On the gas station there are red and green......not lime or sand but Octan green 2x4 curved slope pieces......it must be real !

I can only hope the gas station is a separate set from the Town Square, otherwise were looking at a $150USD price point at least.

We have the lime green pizza restaurant, the small square with the statue, the ENORMOUS bike shop, the crane, the red bus, AND the gas station??!

This changes the entire 2013 budget, and then some.... Looking forward to (and a little bit dreading) the official reveal!!

EDIT: Upon closer inspection, you can see that the pizza shop was displayed right up against a second pizza shop facing the other way... This leads me to believe that the Bike Shop is in fact a corner building design, and the ENORMOUS structure we see is actually two of the same symmetrical builds placed side by side. So maybe not quite as pricey, but who knows...?

Edited by Mr. Elijah Timms

I just found a toy seller in Singapore listing 60026 with a r.r.p of 179.99 Singapore Dollars....though they claim 50 dollars off at the moment bring it down to 129....I've sent an email to them to see if it's true if they have it or not.

My opinion on thinking about it is the pizza shop is the one feature in another photo and I agree with 'Mr Timms' the bike shop is a corner one and it would only be half that size....though I could be wrong. :laugh:

Edit - by what I can see now is that bike shop is two into one....yep, they built two sets up hence we see two pizza bars back to back and two buses in different locations. But where is the other statue and where does this leave the gas station.....remember 4207 last year we didn't know about that one until LEGO World 2012. :wink:

Edited by lightningtiger

I just found a toy seller in Singapore listing 60026 with a r.r.p of 179.99 Singapore Dollars....though they claim 50 dollars off at the moment bring it down to 129....I've sent an email to them to see if it's true if they have it or not.

My opinion on thinking about it is the pizza shop is the one feature in another photo and I agree with 'Mr Timms' the bike shop is a corner one and it would only be half that size....though I could be wrong. :laugh:

Good find, Lightning... 180 Singapore converts to about $145 USD, So I unfortunately can't help but think I nailed the price point when I said $150 USD. SO STEEEP... But this looks like a must-have. Goodbye, Constitution Railroad...

Good find, Lightning... 180 Singapore converts to about $145 USD, So I unfortunately can't help but think I nailed the price point when I said $150 USD. SO STEEEP... But this looks like a must-have. Goodbye, Constitution Railroad...

Lego in Singapore is expensive, the 60008 Museum Break-In cost about SGD$110 at here while the USA price is only USD$70! Hence, I think that your price conversion is in accurate.

Edited by YangHao6998

I just hope this new set (or whatever includes the red bus, bike shop, pizza place and gas station) is not a Toys R Us exclusive like the Public Transport was.

I am so overexcited. Can't wait to see more details / official infos.

I doubt that the gas station will be part of the plaza set, but I don't know.

Can we even confirm that this is a real set and not just part of a display.

This is a rumours and discussion topic. Until official announcements from LEGO, take everything you see here with a grain of salt.

I doubt that the gas station will be part of the plaza set, but I don't know.

This is from Toys'R'Us in 2009: http://web.archive.org/web/20090411232517/http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=3088672

Since we only have the one set number (60026), I bet it's more likely we'll get this all in one set, or less likely in three. I really doubt it's going to be two sets.

Can we even confirm that this is a real set and not just part of a display.

The set number on the license plates vastly increases the chances that this is the real deal.

I think we'll probably get a service station next.

I said this in another thread: the next modular is going to be a cinema. I was following the "town plan logic" -- first a town hall, then a cinema. The next modular should be a service station.

But I don't think we'll get a modular service station, so I bet we'll get a "regular" service station later this year or maybe the next. With a pizzaria and a bike shop, wow! The pizzaria and the bike shop seem feasible, as it's been some time since we got a bike shop and a pizzaria (that's from 2009). The bus goes well with a service station, pizzaria and bike shop (I hope they throw in a bus stop too!). Although the last bus was lime green, I really like the new red one. In my town, I'll use the yellow bus for commuting, the lime green one for interstate travel, and the red bus for intercity commuting. :sweet:

I guess this will Town Square will be a very nice set!

Edited by Artifex

Love the Pizzeria and Bike shop. The bus too. Not so keen on the Gas station. However every town or City has multiple gas stations so it's a must have.

I'm horrified that the display has bent baseplates for hangar roofs. :look:

Also, this pic confirms that the ear defenders/headset is held on by a peg fitting into a hole in the cap.

Edited by Jargo

Thanks for those pictures! The Pizza Shop looks very nice, but I will be sad to see the old one disappear from my layout. I was wondering when City Corner was going to get an update. If the Bike Shop, Gas Station and Pizza Shop are all one set this will be pricey, but it won't matter because I'd get all these separately anyway. The new bus looks beautiful, if not a little similar to the red passenger train. I'm very interested to see how this all turns out. I hope the Gas Station and Bike Shop are stand alone sets, with the Pizza Shop, Bus, Crane and Statue making up the Square. All of these are making me forget about the Cargo, Race and Coast Guard sets!

For the gas station, I think it'll be not in the 60026 box because the stickers for the price is the same of the 2007's gas station.

Edited by Evans

My ears got information about bike shop, pizza shop, bus and crane to be a set costing about 99dollars.

Did not get them between first hand but thru another fan.

So kinda like rumours.

I'll also have a picture of them all together. Just sitting stuck in copenhagen waiting for a late plane home. Have the pics on a sd card i can't use with my samsung tab.

By the way. Do not take thoose first words to be all true. Since i did not get them confirmed.