Rick

2013 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Hmmm, good point. I've always taken the Calendar as a hint of what's to come. 2011 had the police calendar; 2012 was police-heavy (with some fire). 2012 was a fire calendar, 2013 is fire-heavy (with a lot of police). So 2013 is...more space?

Also, subthemes in City used to be brought back every three years (I guess it was good that Airport is coming back this year), and Space was three years ago from 2014.

What would Lego make for a City Space theme? The only thing that gets into outer space these days is a Russian rocket. I think they just had some extra pieces left from the last theme and decided to mix it into the calendar.

I love the heliplane for only $45, but the cargo truck is $40 and CG helicopter with only 200ish pieces is $40? Weird.

Space subtheme... confirmed for 2014?

Oh, I hope not....those sets sold so poorly.....if fact some stores in Oz still have the big rocket launch site set in stock.

WHOA... totally didn't expect the Coast Guard prices to be where they are... Helicopter only $40 USD, Truck n Boat only $20, Patrol set is $80 USD. I'm pleasantly surprised!

I really can't figure out the theme of this year's calendar, though. 2010 was a "family Christmas" with a build-a-train. 2011 was "cops and robbers" with a build-a-station. 2012 was firemen with the, er, "build-a-wall." (After 2011 gave us a whole building, I was pretty disappointed, even if this one is made of brick-bricks.) 2013 is...what...a grab bag?

This year's advent calendar actually reminds me of the pre-2010 City advent calendars, which had a mix of 'sub-themes' represented.

Hmmm, good point. I've always taken the Calendar as a hint of what's to come. 2011 had the police calendar; 2012 was police-heavy (with some fire). 2012 was a fire calendar, 2013 is fire-heavy (with a lot of police). So 2013 is...more space?

I've seen them as tying in with the corresponding year's City theme. Moreover, with one space figure, this year's calendar isn't exactly Space 'heavy'.

Don't know what I think about the prices. I'm a completionist so I will end up buying everything, but the prices vary from great to insane, $40 for the cargo truck? That has to be a joke. And the cargo plane is $100? That's the same as the old airport! On the other hand, the two race sets are priced extremely well at ony $30 each. That's awesome. The advent calender is back to a reasonable $30, and, slightly related, the Friends sets are all great values, as Friends tend to be.

Edited by MAH4546

I'm quite disappointed in the shift away from "themed" Advent Calendars myself. I had quite preferred those over the general mish-mash that had been the norm previously. And can you imagine how cool a Flight/Cargo-themed one might have been, with a bunch of figs hard at work shipping Christmas presents for the holidays?

Hi everyone. I may wrong, but one of the coast guard line set was missing or something...

Why already 2 exibitions in a row LEGO's ain't put 60015 Coast Guard Plane with the other coast guard sets?..

My guess is it's a Limited/Special Edition set only available at a specific retailer. Like in the United States, 4205: Off-Road Command Center was exclusive to Target, 4429: Helicopter Rescue is exclusive to Wal-Mart, and 4430: Fire Transporter is exclusive to Toys "R" Us. It's my understanding these Limited/Special Edition sets aren't shown at these 'general' retailer exhibitions.

Cheers from Claremore, Oklahoma USA! :classic:

Dave

Still can't manage to find a good glimpse of the gray torso being used by the Coast Guard personnel figs, as they're always covered up with life jackets. I did get a close look at the orange diver torso here (http://www.figures.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=74761&title=lego&cat=3901), but still hoping for a good look on the gray. Anyone find a better angle of the Captain on the Patrol ship?

Also, speaking of new torsos, I can't help but wish TLG did some proper uniforms for the Cargo fleet. I thought a sort of UPS jacket/shorts/cap combo would have been great in green. Ahh we'll, I guess their union didn't want to be charged for their own uniforms, haha

Edited by Mr. Elijah Timms

This years christmascalender is a must have for me, it seems like it's the cheapest way to get the dalmation from the firestation.

I actually like that it isn't a theme again like police in 2011 and fire in 2012.

Looks like I'll be getting the Calendar this year. I love that it's a mixture of minifigs and builds. If I want a handful of police or fireman I'll buy a regular set. It looks like they'll give us a proper Santa as well, though it sort of makes it worthless to have included the same one in the CMF line.

But what puts it over the edge this year is including the Dalmatian! Gotta have it.

I like the City 2013 sets. I plan on buying many this year allthough still disaponted about the modular buliding but i still plan on purchasing for my collection.

So I just looked at the new pictures from the New York Toyfair, and I have to say the new city sets are great. My only issue is that nothing really wows me and makes me need to run out and by it. The cargo plane and coast guard ship are probably the closest. I really like that Advent calander though that is a must buy for me and the boys for christmas.

I for one love the next advent calendar. You get a bit of everything, with plenty of variety. As much as I love firefighters, getting three nearly identical ones in the 2012 calendar was pretty boring. This year you'll get a cop, a bandit, an astronaut, a firefighter, a snowman and a real, proper Santa Claus, etc.. There's something in there for everyone. I'm also thrilled it'll include the dalmatian-printed dog since I really want one (but don't want to buy the Fire Station or separately on BL).

Oh, I hope not....those sets sold so poorly.....if fact some stores in Oz still have the big rocket launch site set in stock.

Why wouldn't it be? The space sets aren't retired, at least not according to my local January-June 2013 catalogue.

This years christmascalender is a must have for me, it seems like it's the cheapest way to get the dalmation from the firestation.

I actually like that it isn't a theme again like police in 2011 and fire in 2012.

Or you could get one on Ebay or Bricklink? I know that's how I'll get one or two.

The Cargo Terminal looks great, except that I have absolutely no space in my layout to support an airport. The Cargo Truck, however, will fit nicely, and I like it a lot. That's the one drawback to CITY's scale- you need lots and lots of room!

It's interesting to see the racing sub theme return to CITY, but I will pass on those. They do look good, though.

Found some new sets i think. Look in my flickr account in the signature. I'm on my phone so it is not easy to post the pictures.

I've seen a new coastguard plane and a crane. Posible a new service station to.

8473308860_f19c757efd.jpg

Edited by eiker86

Found some new sets i think. Look in my flickr account in the signature. I'm on my phone so it is not easy to post the pictures.

I've seen a new coastguard plane and a crane. Posible a new service station to.

Dude, you found the city square set.....with a pizza bar and statue....that's gotta be it !

The gas station looks to real......must see more of it !

OMG ! The crane carries the number......60026......it's a real set.

Edited by lightningtiger

Dude, you found the city square set.....with a pizza bar and statue....that's gotta be it !

cool. I thoight that it had to be something. Bikeshop and pizzaplace. I think one of the red busses also includes. I'm working on getting more pics up :)

The crane has number 60026 on it, so that's probably part of it.

The crane has number 60026 on it, so that's probably part of it.

If that's the case....ouch there goes my mid-year budget out the window ! :laugh:

My gut feeling is also that the gas station is real too.....but need to see more pictures at different angles to be sure.

Edit - closer inspection I'm sure of the gas station being real......note the light bluey grey tile trim is similar to pizza bar's and the terminal display in the gas station pay point is the 2011/2012 type. Even though the yellow car is the one from the car and caravan set it's only logical that with the great vehicles series we would get a gas station that can take all the vehicles 4 wide or 6 wide.

Edited by lightningtiger

the red bus has the licence plate ha60026

I can't see that in those pictures......I can see what is the top of red vehicle which would a bus........hmm, city corner gets a reboot......I wonder if the gas station is included....wishful thinking ! :wink: