Rick

2013 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

yes, smallest one was already revealed. just a small room sized house and nothing more than a parts pack really. red walls and dark blue roof.

next one is a tree house. red roof, white walls. fairly open plan. the house part is more of a shed. looks more like a platform on stilts than a tree house.

biggest house isreally nice. white walls, red roof, tan window frames. half the front is glazed and the other half has a balcony over the garage. quite modern looking. it has a light brick and there's a small yellow car.

10233 Horizon Express?

Oh yeah. I hope it is not too expensive in my country and I was talking about train sets in the city theme.

2008's Cargo Truck was a lot better than this new one. The old Cargo Plane is also somewhat better. The new one has too much white, so the older wins on colour scheme.

The planes are just too Damn big. I know they're not made for adults but they just don't fit with anything from what I can see

I haven't seen the cargo stuff yet except I don't mind the F1 transporter, but that starter set.....weird to have three different sized ambulances in under two years.....WTF ?

There are quite a number of new sets this year that offer a refreshing change to the usual run of Police, Fire and Construction sets, I like the fact that they have gone back in time in a manner of speak with the Transport and Coast Guard subthemes this gives a lot of people who missed out on those themes back then to get a new/revised version of them. Personally speaking I probably wont purchase any of the new sets as I have a heap of them from 2008, plus when it comes to the Coast Guard the LCGS (Legodtenstein Coast Guard Service) has already invested in a sizeable fleet of vessels as well as having a couple more awaiting completion to join the fleet :grin: .

5509185204_b11492352a_z.jpg

Edited by Steinkopf

There are quite a number of new sets this year that offer a refreshing change to the usual run of Police, Fire and Construction sets

I am +1 to that. There's a limit to how many police vehicles my kids want :classic:

2013 City stuff looks pretty awesome.

Could the Starter Set be the winner of this?

10d5gnl.jpg

I saw a set at my local TRU yesterday that looked an awful lot like that middle sketch. I didn't pay attention to name or set number, not even enough to catch whether it was an old 4 digit or a new 5 digit number, though.

Im really tired of this lego wide body planes , they don't look like the real thing at all , and it sucks that the planes is only 9 pieces and that's it . There is not a large building on it , and the wings do not have any dihadrel at all !!! Something so important in today's aviation with the good looking aerodinnamical winglets at the end of the wings . C mon Lego you can do better on this big. planes , we can design something where I can see the pilots on the side and front like a normal plane , design new wings that look like a Airbus wing . A wing where I can fit my four engines or 2 big massive engines like today's planes " 777 " . With movebable wings and flaps for landing , a plane where I can get a rectratible landing gear .

Moreover , desing. a 747 that opens the nose to load extra cargo , including and good cargo loader that looks like the real thing .

Hope the Lego team goes to the airport and design planes and airports that look like the real thing , defitnally on the expert side would be nice to have a model that really gets all this points .

Does any body agree with me for a airport modular to be made ?? That would be nice to see in the years to come !

I saw a set at my local TRU yesterday that looked an awful lot like that middle sketch. I didn't pay attention to name or set number, not even enough to catch whether it was an old 4 digit or a new 5 digit number, though.

I think you may have seen a set from Summer 2010 which was a TRU exclusive (apart from also available from Lego Direct retail), Came with a blue Tram, Yellow Bus, Green Bicycle, and a Orange an White road sweeper amoung a couple of other accessories.

If anyone still have a pictures of all summer sets '13, please, send me via private messages!

Thank you!

Great Scot - Another 'copter?! The skies of Legoland will be roaring like a swarm of locusts. I assume it'll be a sea king style one seeing as the coast guard sets are sticking fairly close to the last lot of Coast guard sets we had.

Town square sounds grand but could be fairly basic. A rehash of Town plan. I suppose a lot depends on parts used and the colours.

Advent calenders don't interest me. I can think of cheaper ways to get common minifigures.

Edited by Jargo

I would love a rehash of 10184 Town Plan, just with different shops.

Edited by Legocrazy81

I wasn't meaning to sound negative btw. unfortunate choice of wording on my part. Re-do or re-working would be better choices..

Here's what was missing:

60013 - Coast Guard Helicopter

60024 - Advent Calender

60026 - Town Square

Mother of helicopters , like if we needed more helicopters in our cities !

They couldn't come up like a C130 or a Learjet search and rescue .

Here's what was missing:

60013 - Coast Guard Helicopter

60024 - Advent Calender

60026 - Town Square

Yes, a new CG helicopter. I've been wanting a new one. And Town Square. I hope its what I think it is.

Okay, now I have seen the images of the cargo stuff.....the terminal set is another airport style thing with a standard Lego jet liner design and control tower.....the heliplane is very different with it's new nose but then the cargo truck and fork lift set is totally AWESOME......looks like I'm spending more money on City sets in the first half than in the second half of the year.

Edited by lightningtiger