Rick

2013 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Got my hands on the Fire Motorcycle set, and I made a video review of it! Like I always say, yes, I have an annoying voice. Enjoy!

...And the Police ATV set!

Thanks and great reviews!

Edited by Ricecracker
Please don't quote videos

I love that hideout, that's a winner in my book. Still don't think it needs quite so many vehicles in it. Much like the museum heist set, I wish they'd concentrate on a bigger main structure and a vehicle.

I feel exactly the same way. But, at least what we do have there is pretty cool.

This next year will be pretty good for civilian buildings. While they're small(and rundown), it's nice to see. It's like TLG is taking AFOLs opinions on too much fire/police and throwing other things in. While it is police/fire themed the buildings themselves aren't. I'm excited. Especially since were finally moving(yay!) and I can set up my town again.

Lightningtiger and I have thought that the back of the humvee is a storage compartment for the accessories, are we correct?

It is a storage compartment, but it sadly cannot fit the spike strip.

On both sets I bought (this and the tow truck), I noticed LEGO started moving the steering wheel to the left side. In the Humvee vehicle, this means there's even a gear shift in the interior (the antennae peace).

The Brick Show made a great video review of the Helicopter Arrest set! The inside of the house is a bit disappointing.

Edited by just2good

Standing here in TRU with the High Speed Chase ($34.99), Cement Truck ($21.99), and Flatbed truck ($21.99) in my hands. VERRY tempted to jump on their BOGO 50% sale, but it's so deceptive with the markup. Can't decide if I jump on them now or save my funds for the pending SuperHero sets. At any rate, thought you'd all enjoy the pricing report. All Hobbit sets also here. Merry Christmas!

Saw 3 at my local TRU today. 60000 Fire Motorcycle, 60001 Fire Chief Car & 60003 Fire Emergency.

Edited by Legocrazy81

It is a storage compartment, but it sadly cannot fit the spike strip.

On both sets I bought (this and the tow truck), I noticed LEGO started moving the steering wheel to the left side. In the Humvee vehicle, this means there's even a gear shift in the interior (the antennae peace).

thanks, and i think that is a good approach

Yeah... So, I caved. Cement Truck. Didn't realize the mixer on the back was just 2 ENORMOUS pieces. And to all a good night!

Yep, like the 7990 from 2007....the blue drum came in two halves held together by black locking tech pins. :wink:

I like the sets, but what bothers me is this..

We get two frontdoor (in two sets) and there both white. I have a dozen white door and blacks, and red. Please Lego put some new colours on the doors in average sets. Like dark green, dark red, brown etc.

Have TLG exhausted their 4 digit numbers now? Is 600xx going to be the new City range identity? Just curious really.

Have TLG exhausted their 4 digit numbers now? Is 600xx going to be the new City range identity? Just curious really.

There are probably still 4-digit numbers, but for whatever reason TLG has made five-digit numbers standard for regular-release sets. All or almost all 2013 sets have five-digit numbers.

My local TRU in Buffalo had Fire motorcycle, Police chase set, Fire chiefs car, Fire emergency set, flatbed rescue, cement mixer, and Octan Tanker. I picked up the Flatbed rescue truck.

Something I've wondered about for a while is the reason the police helicopter pilot has a different badge to all the other minifigs. His badge has an extra bar around the bottom edge making it fatter than everyone elses. I did consider that it might be supposed to represent wings but I don't reckon it's that. Do Police pilots normally have different badges? The pilot is also the only one to have what looks like an ID badge on the other side. And his badge is on the opposite side to everyone elses. Odd. :sceptic:

Edited by Jargo

The TRU here in Chicago had several 2013 sets in stock, but I passed, as the mark-up was sickening. But what I saw made me excited- LEGO Store will get them soon enough.

My must haves are the Museum- I have a perfect coastline spot for that one.

Helicopter Arrest- A nice building and dock. I will probably de-criminalize the setting and make it a boat rental & repair shop.

Fire Station- I have all but two Fire Stations since 1978 and this year will be no different. I'll fill in the sides with white windows to give it a more finished look but other than that I really like this one. I'm a big fan of

taking Classic town sets and updating them. This Station looks fairly tall, too, so it will add to the skyline nicely.

All Great Vehicles- They are on a continuing winning streak with these! I saw the Tanker and I think it's my favorite- again, another update from a Classic Town set.

Edited by Galaxy Explorer

I just downloaded thanks to Brickset 60016, 60017 and 60018 instructions......ah, time to do some scratching and modifying for my town eh ? :grin:

Edit - just started downloading 60009 instructions. :wink:

Edited by lightningtiger

The TRU here in Chicago had several 2013 sets in stock, but I passed, as the mark-up was sickening. But what I saw made me excited- LEGO Store will get them soon enough.

My must haves are the Museum- I have a perfect coastline spot for that one.

They had the Museum there? Nice! That one isn't out at the LEGO store yet. :classic:

Saw the instructions online and I'm very glad to see piece callouts have made it to city. Definitely contemplating the 60017, 60007, and maybe the 60018, but the rest I'm not crazy about.

Just built the Cement Mixer Truck, and it certainly didn't disappoint. Very long, and there's hardly a stud left on it when you're finished.

Also worth mentioning are the new layout photos at the back of the instruction booklet. First we have a nice shot of the Museum that bridges the gap between new police sets and old during another crime-riddled night in Lego City:

2exlnrn.jpg

And then we have this little shot of the blue collar life in the City:

345xv7b.jpg

At first I got really intrigued by the little garage to the left... but the structure itself seems much to mundane to be a new release. Still, I thought it was quite odd that they have printed stickers, etc. just for a promo display:

95vs4p.jpg

Certainly I would recommend the Mixer truck to anyone-- possibly my favorite 'Great Vehicle' next to last year's Ambulance & Tipper Truck.

(PS: All apologies if the pics are too big-- I'm kinda new to that sorta thing. Mods, feel free to resize as necessary)

Edited by Mr. Elijah Timms

All the police in that first picture reminds me of 1984...Big Brother like society.

Man that is one city under siege, no civilians allowed outside after 22.00 hours. And a big radioscope on the headquarters to listining in on your living room.