Rick

2013 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Like Meatloaf once sang 'Two out of three, ain't bad' :rofl:

le_citybetonmischer.jpgle_citytieflader.jpg

The cement truck actually looks even better than the 2007 (which I still :grin_wub: ), I like the flatbed too......but it reminds me of some I have seen....I wonder where ? :laugh:

These pictures are appeared along with the Super Heroes, Chima, etc., on another German website.

Edit - I like the front ends of both trucks.....very realistic.....oh, yeah and you know why we haven't seen images before this......March 2013 release date for Germany that's why ! :blush:

Edited by lightningtiger

Like Meatloaf once sang 'Two out of three, ain't bad' :rofl:

The cement truck actually looks even better than the 2007 (which I still :grin_wub: ), I like the flatbed too......but it reminds me of some I have seen....I wonder where ? :laugh:

These pictures are appeared along with the Super Heroes, Chima, etc., on another German website.

Edit - I like the front ends of both trucks.....very realistic.....oh, yeah and you know why we haven't seen images before this......March 2013 release date for Germany that's why ! :blush:

Cheers for posting these images LT. I too like the cement mixer but for me the jury is still out on the flatbed but it may grow on me. What ones does it remind you of?

Cheers for posting these images LT. I too like the cement mixer but for me the jury is still out on the flatbed but it may grow on me. What ones does it remind you of?

Mine from December 2009......

road_rescue_flatbed_11.jpg

I can't wait to see the tanker, I'm going to hunt it down. :wink:

Mine from December 2009......

I can't wait to see the tanker, I'm going to hunt it down. :wink:

Well maybe they did get the idea from yours.

The flatbed is part of the 7642 garage range. That's cool. Dark red car as well. That's a nice change. A must have set for me.

Cement truck is a definite improvement on the last one. Fitting right in with the last construction sets. Another must have. I liked the old one but always intended to modify it. Now I'll just replace it.

Now, where's the tank truck got to?

Im totally impressed with these two sets! I really like how the flatbed and all the previous tow trucks match in color. The cement mixer is totally heavy duty looking. Must have sets for me!!!!

still set 60009 is not appearing atol on lists so I wonder what that could be

still set 60009 is not appearing atol on lists so I wonder what that could be

Perhaps an exclusive set to tie into the Lego City video game or an unrelated building to the police or fire sets.....who knows ? :laugh:

Hmm the front of the flatbed is .. interesting. Have to see more images...

Wait - the sports-car ( :hmpf_bad:) on the back is dark red? :sweet: :sweet: :sweet:

Edited by PsyKater

I'm confused as to the fire bike. I have never heard of a motorcycle being used on the fire department here in the United States, and I've been around the fire department my whole life. Maybe it's a European/Asian thing?

I'm confused as to the fire bike. I have never heard of a motorcycle being used on the fire department here in the United States, and I've been around the fire department my whole life. Maybe it's a European/Asian thing?

A Google Image search for "Feuerwehr Motorrad" (German for "fire department bike") brings up countless fire bikes. One article said they're used in Greece for their maneuverability.

Edit:

http://www.feuerwehr-sendling.de/aktuell/nachrichten/newsdetails/24-04-2010-kradfahrer-training-zum-saisonstart/ used in Germany

http://www.motorrad-news.com/2009/03/23/bmw-feuerwehr-motorrad/ used in Hong Kong

http://www.fotocommunity.de/pc/pc/display/24055637 used in Indonesia

Edited by sgeureka

this video will help with any querys about fire bikes

Well then nice to know. Seems like a european thing, never seem them in the states, but we like our motorcycles to go fast and be loud...none of this utility stuff :laugh:

what is that part on front of flatbad

The hood/bonnet? It's an element from the Cars theme and some of this year's Ferrari promo polybags. Here are some examples. The robbers' van in the Museum Heist set has the front built the same way. Quite nice IMO.

Wow! The Cement Mixer.....wait......the front flips up! *oh2* *oh2* Like: http://1.bp.blogspot.../0914001547.jpg

Looks great!

Oh, yeah......it does take a close look at the front.....hinge plates I see.

le_citybetonmischera.jpg

Note the sticker on the drum.....trowel, ah wouldn't be nice to get some builders tools eh ? :sweet:

Oh, yeah the cement shoot is positionable in more than one way.... :wink:

And what's not to love about this set....

le_citytiefladera.jpg

Another traffic light....cool, more the merrier ! :laugh:

Pity they didn't have a double female minifig set......female car driver and female truck driver.....oh, well that's what us AFOL's are for again ! :rofl:

EDIT - tanker has been found.....thanks to Brickset ! :wub_drool:

60016-1.jpg

Though I'm not a fan of the fuel pump, note the hose on the pump is thicker than the one on the actual tanker....shouldn't that be the other way round if I remember my Year 11 Industrial Physics ! :wink:

Edited by lightningtiger

Oh, yeah......it does take a close look at the front.....hinge plates I see.

{cement truck}

Note the sticker on the drum.....trowel, ah wouldn't be nice to get some builders tools eh ? :sweet:

Oh, yeah the cement shoot is positionable in more than one way.... :wink:

And what's not to love about this set....

{tow truck}

Another traffic light....cool, more the merrier ! :laugh:

Pity they didn't have a double female minifig set......female car driver and female truck driver.....oh, well that's what us AFOL's are for again ! :rofl:

I'll probably pick up both vehicles, as I do not have any versions of them. My favorite is the Tow Truck set though, as I love the female figure and the towed car. :wub:

Seeing how LEGO is adding more bang for your buck in 2013, I really see these being $20. :classic:

You're right, I'm just wondering why only three this time round.....perhaps they'll keep three from last year or add them to the series because they are highly profitable.

Oh, and by the looks of it when I was editing my last post someone bet me to the punch on the tanker truck ! :rofl: