Sign in to follow this  
danim

MOC: Bricklingston Tram

Presenting my first MOC in the train section.

The Bricklingston Balloon Tram

8120079940_5d214332b5_z.jpg

7949479984_b0b8df6fd6_z.jpg

It is based of the Balloon trams that can be seen on Blackpool's tramway

7949488338_6eab5e8f4a_z.jpg

The side pedestrians see complete with double entry doors as well as showing the map on the top and bottom levels

7949483840_afbdd226fe_z.jpg

The other side

7949486106_edd7153f89_z.jpg

The rear bogie set is a dummy but the front bogie is a PF train motor, inside the top level is a aaa battery box as well as an ir reciver and at the front is a set of PF lights that work as headlights

As usual C's+c's welcome

Edited by danim

It is nice to see an example based on a real tram. I have been thinking about a tram for a while, but more older style. Maybe though a modern one is more practical and easier to get the bricks for? I had not considered that before so thanks for the idea.

your very welcome the inspiration for me was when I went to the Legoland Discovery Center down in Manchester where they have a master model of a Blackpool tram which is much bigger and more detailed than mine

I was going to have a go at making a Blackpool Balloon tram at some point, but decided the shape was going to be too difficult for my first attempt at copying a real design. I would like to make a few suggestions for improvements, but at the moment I can't see how you possibly can while keeping it at minifig scale and motorised. I can certainly see the resemblance to a Balloon tram though, so good job.

I like how modern the Balloon trams look, despite first being built in the 1930s. I'm close to finishing a model of a Blackpool Coronation tram which is from the 1950s, but it won't be motorised or have opening doors like your tram does =(

I have added an updated photo in the first post which shows the tram on the Bricklingston Tram Line

would it be possible for the MODs to change the MOC index photo to the new one

would it be possible for the MODs to change the MOC index photo to the new one

I think the original/second image provides a better thumbnail, but I've gone ahead and updated at your request.

I will see if I can get a better 3/4 view for the thumbnail when I get home tonight

I will see if I can get a better 3/4 view for the thumbnail when I get home tonight

No need to do this. I honestly don't want to make it a practice of changing thumbnail images for the index. We'll keep the one you've asked for.