The Mugbearer

Two Old Rivals

What began as a conflict over the transfer of consciousness from flesh to machines escalated into a war which has decimated a million worlds. The Core and the Arm have all but exhausted the resources of a galaxy in their struggle for domination. Both sides now crippled beyond repair, the remnants of their armies continue to battle on ravaged planets, their hatred fueled by over four thousand years of total war. This is a fight to the death. For each side, the only acceptable outcome is the complete elimination of the other.

Soo, anyone recognizes the quote? For those who aren't, it has been narrated in the intro of Total Annihilation, one of the greatest strategies of the past.

I was inspired by this kickstarter because people are making a direct successor of TA, so decided to make Arm and Core commanders.

two_old_rivals.png

Spent lot of time on those guys.

The Arm Commander building a Solar Collector

arm_commander.png

Obtain LXF here

The Core Commander aiming with his D-gun

core_commander.png

Obtain LXF here

Thanks for watching, comments and critiques are welcome!

Well, if considering in-game mechanics, they had similar weaponry: D-gun and laser. Thanks for your comment.

Edited by -N13OS-

Soo, anyone recognizes the quote? For those who aren't, it has been narrated in the intro of Total Annihilation, one of the greatest strategies of the past.

This sure brings back memories! :wub: This was actually my first game ever, so you can imagine I'd played this game a lot.

The commanders do look like the ones in the game so well done and even more creative is the one making the solar collector :thumbup:

Edited by Ecclesiastes

Yay, thanks alot Ecclesiastes! =3 Really? Strange, but I like CoreCom more. I think he is more detailed. And ArmCom was the first I made so I consider him a bit less successful. =D

To see this brings back such found memories... Oh wait... How do make Total Annihilation work on linux?... It seems I have my work cut out for me.

The commanders are pretty good, howbeit the Core Commander is missing most of his "skirt", but that may be impossible to include accurately at that scale.

Now all you need is some of the ever famous "foot stopping" scenes.:tongue:

That being said, may I make a future build suggestion if I please?: The one man army: Krogoth

"Before there was the UEF Fatboy and Fatboy II, before the Cybran amphibious Destroyers, the Monkeylord or even the Rex Experimental for that matter or even the Aeon Czar; Back when your standard issue long range plasma cannons all had ranges like the UEF Mavor; Back when a "good day" meant high temperature, extremely destructive plasma was not raining down on your head; Back when Brawlers reigned king and Millenniums and Warlords ruled the high seas and kept the weak far, far inland; When energy output demand directly, but exponentially, correlated to the number of Vulcans or Buzzsaws you were trying to operate simultaneously; When the phrase "what goes up must come down" mattered; When a operating targeting facility literally meant "You Shall Not Pass";

Back when one lone monstrosity would take a stroll into your base unsuspectingly; that was when Commanders knew true fear: and it had a name: Krogoth"

Enough reminiscing for now. Overall I am very impressed and I look forward to any other units you decide to recreate. By the way I like your take on the nanolathing process, though if I remember correctly it is actually more of a yellow-orange-red in the cinematics verses the green in-game. Oh well...:sceptic:

3D LEGO

Hi Mugbearer,

Sorry for digging up such an old post but I have recently shared this old game with my son an it inspired a couple of MOCs that we built digitally.

I came across your models and I hope you don't mind me using them in some background renders. We designed our own solar collector and metal extractor, and plan to branch out into some other structures.

I had stared on my own much larger scale commander a while ago but it has bee sitting unfinished for quite some time, but it may be time to revisit that MOC.

Commander%20Fight.jpg

10 minutes ago, ThomusBean said:

I came across your models and I hope you don't mind me using them in some background renders.

Sure! By the way, I have since revamped my ARM Commander:
Sha17YT.jpg

13 minutes ago, ThomusBean said:

Sorry for digging up such an old post but I have recently shared this old game with my son an it inspired a couple of MOCs that we built digitally.

Aw that's awesome! Looking forward to see what you two can come up with next! Feel free to send me a Direct Message with any further renders you'd come up with!