agrof

Lego 8043 C-model Bulldozer promotion

Hello Guys!

First i hope Jono will not be mad, but i found his creation couple of days ago, and it just must be promoted! :classic::thumbup:

1340082015m_DISPLAY.jpg

Very good shaping, and technic + BI!

Check his site on MOCpages: Jono's 8043 Bulldozer

Thanks Jono for sharing!

* This is NOT my MOC, i just LOVE it, and everyone should. :wub:

Edited by agrof

@ agrof: Nice find! You forgot to mention that Australian AFOL Jono McKinlay made Building Instructions for his 8043 C-Model Bulldozer alternate. :cry_happy: They are in a 34.3-MB PDF file, and are well done in the style used by The Lego Group. The 8043 Motorized Excavator is still offered on Shop.Lego.com (although out of stock until Oct 17, 2012). Jono wrote,

"G'day again. I made the two 8043 lego models and decided to have a challenge and make a bulldozer from just this set. Using most of the parts I came up with this. After Being played by my son I decided to make instructions which can be found here- http://www.freespace.com.au/filehosting/605909 . The dozer uses the 4 motors and actuators.

Cheers, Jono"

1340081998m_SPLASH.jpg1340082008m_SPLASH.jpg1340082003m_SPLASH.jpg1340081991m_SPLASH.jpg

Edited by DLuders

Hi!

BI should represent B(uilding) I(nstruction). :wink:

Anyway... i just bought a second 8043 (i still rework mine) to make this model... okay okay, i got it in the price of the electronics part, but still it was the main motivation.

Thanks Jono! :blush:

Looks great, with the battery box well hidden (make sure to put in fully charged batteries,

taking them out to recharge them will be some work...).

Thanks for making instructions available, really appreciate it, I love seeing the design.

I love when someone takes the time to create a proper C-model, and on top of that make instructions for it afterwards!

I just finished building this one, and it features some pretty smart solutions! Instructions are not quite on par with the ones from TLG, and can be a bit unclear from time to time, but they are definately readable! Just use common sense, and you'll be just fine!

There are some (very) minor flaws to the design, but overall it is very good! Seems to use more parts than the official B-model (Tracked Loader).

Thanks for giving me even more pleasure from the 8043!

Just received the 2nd 8043 mainly for the B-model but now I'm gonna bild even this dozer!!!!! Thanks!

looks impressive. I will try this out, once I've built the A and B... unfortunatelly the 8043 is still unpacked.

WOW nice model. I like it better than the B model, once I have pulled apart my current moc and have the parts I will probably build it. I do have to find the courage to pull apart my crane...

Why don't I have more parts? (Or more money :devil: )

G'day all. Thank you all for your comments. If you check my moc pages site http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/328628, there are more alternate models with instructions and soon an alternate model for the 9398 crawler into a quad bike. Just finishing off the instructions now and should be up in a couple of days. Cheers Jono

WOWW!!!!!!!!!!! just like the real thing!

Bulldozer-SWD8-.jpg

Edited by irispen

How big is that thing compare to city bulldozer 7685 and the motorized technic bulldozer?

How big is that thing compare to city bulldozer 7685 and the motorized technic bulldozer?

Its pretty much smack bang in the middle in size compared to them both.