Ondra

Lego technic challenge 2012

The quad bike would be cool, but would be hard to make in this scale.

I probably misunderstood something. The model is designed using the 9398 chassis, you can check the LXF file, it should be buildable from real bricks. Since there are some limitations given by the chassis, it is not perfect scale model of a real quad bike and some elements should be offset by 1 or 2 studs (like steering should be placed more backwards).

Great Quad Bike, hrontos! :thumbup:

I am also building one and another type of vehicle.

If I'll get satistied with the results, should submit them to the challenge either. :classic:

I have been looking for a driver for the police quad bike and it looks like the HeroFactory XL Rocka and Stormer fit quite well.

9398_-_4x4_quad_bike_with_rocka_xl_800x447_1.png

9398_-_4x4_quad_bike_with_rocka_xl_800x447_2.png

9398_-_4x4_quad_bike_with_rocka_xl_800x447_3.png

OK, I admit, that this one is not exactly policeman. :laugh: Let's pretend, he has stolen the bike.

Rocka XL was built by Toa_Of_Justice.

Edited by hrontos

Hrontos made this

and Lego Digital Designer (LDD) .lxf file of his 9398-based 4x4 Skidder -- vote for it on this Lego Technic Challenge 2012 webpage:

GalleryFile.png

It joins his 9398-based 4x4 Sharkwler (

and LDD .lxf file) -- vote for it here:

GalleryFile.png

... and the wild 9398-based 4x4 Police Quad Bike (

and LDD .lxf file) -- vote for it here:

GalleryFile.png Edited by DLuders

I've just submitted my 1st creation of 9398 with the following rationals:

1) Lightened Body Shell (cut down the usage of parts)

2) Low CG (build as low as possible)

3) Single Driver Seat (full size "recaro" looking seat with leg room)

4) Seat base will secure existing battery case (secure by 2 pins)

5) Roll-cage style for protection (for strength)

6) The overall chassis are intact except for the missing wheel arc (original joints are intact)

7) Radio box has been shifted 3-4 holes down (reduce the height clearance)

I'm not done with the build as i'm lacking good lego parts to make it better. Will submit a revised version if possible.

looks really good to me, the less parts the better for its performance.

Thanks! Most RC in the market has light-weight bodyshell and the focus are all in the motors, suspension, wheel and radio connectivity etc, basically everything on performance.

I've pick-up a 4" action figure and advance my model. The cockpit overview shows how the figure fit into my secret machine which I can continue to explore with when the batt runs flat [: )]

I just found my pictures were entered in the challance...not even a recreation put just the same pictures.....

Why not something from real designers.........

http://technic.us.le...latest&index=26

http://technic.us.le...latest&index=26

Hope the model wins :laugh:

You are not the first one and olso not the last :tongue:

Some kids juse our designs too hope win the contest, but TLG will filter it later on the contest

Theldkwhoyouare posted this

of his Lego Technic Humvee -- "VOTE TO BE AN OFFICIAL LEGO SET: http://technic.us.lego.com/en-us/Creations/Details/Default.aspx?projectid=04d...

This is my Latest model built for the "You Design it We Make it' Challenge, This model features, Opening Doors, Working headlights, Opening Hood, Opening Trunk, V8 engine (like real one), Grill plate and much more."

GalleryFile.jpgGalleryFile.png

Too bad the challenge is full of bogus entries, like this "love child" offspring between a 9398 Crawler and

:

GalleryFile.jpgMiniCooper+-+copia.jpg

Edited by DLuders

Here is my Technic Challenge model:

GalleryFile.png

The doors can be opened by turning the flash lights, so you get easy acces to the batterybox switch.

GalleryFile.png

GalleryFile.png

GalleryFile.png

GalleryFile.png

Vote!

@ Jovel: I voted your offroad recovery wrecker truck, and like how the gullwing doors open. :thumbup:

0.jpg

There really are some great entries in the challenge. It's going to be interesting to see how the designers alter the winning choice to meet their criteria.

Well, this is my entry: ( http://technic.us.le...58-6395465b30d7 )

As I said in my Blog:

" This is my proposal for the competition, note that this is a serious proposal, even it is only a sketch made with Photoshop but the concept is clear, mix the 9398 chassis with ancient wooden truck bodywork made of modern Lego.

I think that this is the best way to make a special edition of the latest Lego toy, a tribute to the first toys made by the brand, with wide possibilities of interesting snot building techniques an decorated pieces, really from this idea can go a real collector's item!! "

Hope you like the concept, and my weird photoshop skills :laugh:

2-9398_01+copia.jpg

sum+copia.jpg

1-9398e+copia.jpg

Hope you

:wub: it.

I actually did a simple truck (B Model) but was rejected due to same name creation. So I decided to post it here. Again, I do not have enough image bandwidth to post more images (my apology for the low-res pic):

Gene3S Escape Truck (B-Model) - This is not a complete built

1) IR Beside Driver Seat

2) Light-Weight Style

3) Able to Carry Goods

Suggestions:

a) PF Grabber/Crawl

b) Tilting Truck Cabin & Cargo Bed

c) Lighting

I'm lacking of good technic parts & I'm exploring the gears and PF systems which is not an easy task. Hope to learn from all members & available creative instructions.

Edited by Gene

I like that! the crawler has classic rollcage which is my favorite, and great idea with the go cart and the b model, and I really like the white panels, give you a vote and :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks z3_2drive. My Escape Crawler improve along the way as I view it day & nite to make it better. Sadly, I've taken the B-model apart and stay focus on my first creation. Cheers!

When I designed Sharkwler, I was optimistic about new colors and created it with fake engine made from chrome parts, since I wanted them for future car models. Did not turned out well on the rendered images :sceptic:, since chrome needs something to reflect, otherwise it is flat gray.

On the skidder I was less optimistic and did not used such complicated colors. I had some doubts about fitting into the target price range with all those parts.

With the quad bike I was even more conservative trying to keep target weight, size and the price range.

But Conchas with his amazing entry made me optimistic and more believing that new colors and even the complicated ones like chrome are possible within the target price range.

So I prepared a "civilian" version of the police quad bike with chrome parts used for the bumper/protection frame, handlebar and the footsteps and some "commercial" colors.

I think the people building motorbikes may find the chrome parts usefull and also protection cages for the offroads would looks quite well with them.

Chromed rims are obligatory for this version and usefull for the car builders.

I would like to hear you opinions about these colors and may be sugestions for others. If you find these versions usefull I will submit this probably as a one single separate entry to get a clear picture about what others want and also to give TLG possibility to reject it as not possible.

Thank you very much for your support and all the votes you gave me.

9398_-_4x4_quad_bike_with_blue_chrome_800x447.png

9398_-_4x4_quad_bike_with_chrome_azur_800x447.png

9398_-_4x4_quad_bike_with_darkred_chrome_800x447.png

9398_-_4x4_quad_bike_with_orange_chrome_800x447.png

9398_-_4x4_quad_bike_with_teal_chrome_800x447.png

I would like to thank to JunkstyleGio who helped me again and prepared this two color version:

9398_-_4x4_quad_bike_with_two_blue_800x447.png

Edited by hrontos