Abyssian

Abyssian, perched atop craggy rocks amongst the Moruth Swamplands of Nocturnus,

this is a most inhospitable place and home to Lord Ssilyrrlith, current leader of the Nocturnus Guild.

He is surrounded by his loyal Reptrians and mystics who use the strange Orion sphere to scrye possible futures.

I was looking to create my first full castle build and wanted to achieve a remote,

isolated yet claustrophobic feel with many tall spires and towers crammed in together.

Hope you guys like the look and feel. It has been a long time coming for me to represent my Guild.

7936159452_27e75339cf_c.jpg

7936167500_bf138bac0a_c.jpg

7936164594_72de89005b_c.jpg

7936162010_dd594f3ef2_c.jpg

Loads more on Flickr and MOCPages as well.

Feel free to comment and critique.

Cheers

ISC.

Very nice built! I love the colour scheme and all the details at the castle itself and the surrounding landscape. Dragon heads in the water are a nice touch too! :dhappy:

Stunning :oh::wub: The texture and coloring of the walls fits perfectly into Nocturnus :thumbup:

The towers are beautiful and the spiky crenelations add a nice touch.

The upside down rockwork is impressive and the lime green works well for a swamp :thumbup:

I think it was worth the wait :classic:

While I don't suppose that this is the entirety of the city, it's indeed an imposing castle worthy of being the home of our leader and more than worth the long wait :thumbup:

Even then, none of the other capitals are finished, either, so all is well :wink:

The details are great, especially all the hidden things that are easily overlooked when first glancing at the pictures. E.g. the reptrian soldiers going about their daily work or the different animals inhabitating the place. What I like the most, though, is the giant globe at the top of the left tower. It really gives off the image of a device capable of scrying even the farthest regions and most-protected sanctuaries - which I deem is of utmost importance considering the current situation.

I had to pop into the Guilds sub-forum to see this, and I'm happy I did.

Great stuff as always! :classic:

Indeed very imressive! Only 2 things I miss:

*a picture from above

*a spying Drow :laugh:

Very nice building :classic:

And looking to the first picture, I thought the green underground was just fotoshop, but by the second, I realised it are all tiles :blush:

Snip

And looking to the first picture, I thought the green underground was just fotoshop, but by the second, I realised it are all tiles :blush:

SNOT bricks actually :wink:

I love the way its resting on that base. Its stunning!

Fantastic work :thumbup: :thumbup:

I like a lot the wall and the base style :classic:

Wow, there are so many great things with this one. I love the cheese slopes on the edges of the towers, I don't think I have seen it done like that before. The textures and colors you used a excellent as well, so many little details to take in.

My favorite part of it is the very textural building and rock face over the smooth lime green of the swamp. It is absolutely perfect :thumbup:

*Signing* Love, love, love, love, love…

Ok yeah wow I really dig the cheese slopes in the vertical seams of the castle. <3

Edited by Rook

This is just great ISC! (or ISS right now! :wink: )

The rockwork is just epic and that green slippery water fits perfect to Nocturnus!

The castle is so well done. Love how it´s packed with towers on such a small space! Looks really evil!

Abyssian

It has been a long time coming for me to represent my Guild.

Well, I think that doesn't matter if you occasionally build stunning mocs like this! :thumbup: The design of the tower is great but the surroundings is what stands out. The up side down rockwork is a great idea and I really like the spiked rocks you've made with the angled 1x1 bricks. And the green water is a total win, even more with the dragon-suit heads!

Only thing I'm missing a bit is a way to reach the castle. Or are the two smaller rocks sort of jump rocks so you could reach it?

... Only 2 things I miss:

*a spying Drow :laugh:

Well, if you could see her, she woudn't be much of a spy now, whould she?:)))

Great castle, Nocturnus needed a little burst in new structures ;)

my favorite part: those two reptilians swimming in slime :) And old, rocky feeling of the walls

I agree with Eryn....the cheese slopes on the corners really look great. Overall a very Nocturnus feel to it, and finally a good use for all those Lime Green Bricks!

Much appreciated guys and gals. As for adding an entrance, I toyed with a wooden dock out the front but the brown dominated the foreground and broke up the feel of doom. Lets just call it a inaccessable castle :laugh:

Wow, wow, wow!

Stunning Castle. I love the suspended look. I just got done watching the Lord of the Rings Trilogy adn this reminds me of some of the towers in that movie.

I love it!

This is magnificent! I love the fantastic feel of the whole thing. The walls are excellent, especially the cheese slopes in the seams (as many have mentioned) and the variety of crenellations on top. I also really like the layout of the different towers, and the upside down snot floating islands above the lime green swamp - the colors work beautifully here. I too like the moat denizens and the sphere on top. Superb!!!

Great castle! I like the roof a lot, and the orb is pretty cool to.

some of the photos are a bit lacking in color me thinks but that doesn't really matter.

great MOC and I look forward to your next build!

Indeed very imressive! Only 2 things I miss:

*a picture from above

It's not mine to post but

7939892634_211e327c5a_c.jpg

~Dangerous

Edited by Legonardo

Much appreciated guys and gals. As for adding an entrance, I toyed with a wooden dock out the front but the brown dominated the foreground and broke up the feel of doom. Lets just call it a inaccessable castle :laugh:

Unless one knows the secret way in :wink:

Nice stuff ISC.

Dr Rod

I love the lime green swamp and the floating rocks the most.

Great job of making it asymmetrical yet cohesive.

Bossk rollin' for sure.

Orion sphere you say...