Captain BeerBeard

GoldBlade Manor

The insane and infamous Zakon GoldBlade, has cast a wicked "Friends" spell over the land of Antyria, Avalonia.

The skeletons laying around are unfortunate souls who happened to be in the way of the spell.

The group of figs upfront is the Antyrian watch.

You may remember the "watch" concept from a previous moc.

This is my "King of the Castle" title challenge entry.

Thank you all for viewing. C&c&q welcome :classic:

goldmanor0_copy.jpg

goldman6_copy.jpg

goldman8_copy.jpg

goldman3_copy.jpg

goldman10_copy.jpg

goldman11_copy.jpg

goldman9_copy.jpg

goldman13_copy.jpg

goldman4_copy.jpg

goldman12_copy.jpg

goldman2_copy.jpg

goldman0.jpg

goldman5_copy.jpg

Brilliant! many of us have been waiting for this and you certain'y don't disappoint. I see you are still going with the mushrooms default_laugh2.gif

keep it up!

~Dangerous

Another fine build Capt. Love the Dk. Grey and lt. Grey combo and a lot of nice details on the building throughout. I love the mushrooms (still need to get me some) and I was looking at buying some brickforge stuff the other day (specifically that scroll)

Great build again! I too like the mix of greys and the tower adds a nice touch :thumbup:

Beautiful foliage work as always, and your figs are excellent, nice use of the fairy :classic:

Hell yeah!

I like the combination of the dark bley and bley.

The friends parts are an interesting contrast to the skulls laying about.

I like that the shape isn't symmetrical.

There is a lot to see with this one. Lots of landscaping to check out as well.

I noticed this one doesn't have a backside built- I am guessing if there was an interior you'd have shown us- but any plans to make one?

King of the castle title coming your way--

Thanks, guys!

@ZC There's an interior. I didn't post it because of the brick built door looks terrible on the inside and the top level needs some tiles. The door is actually functional. I will be putting this castle into my mega layout of my Antyrian ghetto/village. I'll post the interior at that time.

I prefer my own palace (look in my signature) as I would become sick if I have to look everyday at all those flowers :laugh:

But I have to admit that you did a very good job on them!

Also a nice Manor you made :classic: it has a nice colourscheme and fits very well in the nature around it!

Only remark is that these bats as decoration are maybe a bad choice :classic:

Great work my dear CptBB! Looks like you put time and effort to put every single brick on the right place on this moc! So many nice details on the walls!

Love the use of the ninjago weapons (is it sai they call it?) as details on the castle! :thumbup:

Great work and I think you have the title in no time!

Fantastic work :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

The castel is well detailed and I like the skull on the spears and the guards at the door :classic: :classic:

Finally you've posted it :wink:

The stonework with the dark and light grey works indeed really well. Ofcourse the... well, should I mention it again... Yes I will, the foilage is again outstanding, even more detailed because of the angled mushrooms because of the frogs are sitting on it :thumbup:

I also really like the combo of the guards at the door!

Edited by Ecclesiastes

Awesome! Great build overall, I've been waiting to see this one! I really like the faierie flying out of the wall. Also, it appears that Zakon destroyed Loki and took his helm....maybe some sort of disturbance in there is making him crazy enough to Friendsify things :shrug_confused:

Beaut! I love the use of light bley and dark bley - it really makes the details pop. This is a grand castle, nice large scale. I absolutely love the 2x1 plate/cheese slope usage on the arch! This may be a widespread technique, but it's the first time I've seen it. Great build!

Wow, over-saturated and over-stimulating! Really like the detailing on the castle, esp what you did with the arched doorway.

Great job! Wonderful use of color and the entire build is instantly attractive! :thumbup:

love the white knights guarding the door

where did you get the scroll ?

I believe its 3rd party.

~Dangerous

That's correct. You can find it at Brickwarriors.com. I'm not sure if they ship overseas, though.

great - thanks for letting me know.

The first thing that hit me when I looked at this was the colors. The bright red roof and late colorful flower display really stand out from all the dark earth colored builds we usually see around here. I've always enjoyed your interesting lush colorful planted landscapes and I'm a fan of those giant mushrooms!

The building itself is nicely done and it's good to see you have stepped away from the current trend of 1x1 rounds/plates used for the walls.(I feel somewhat responsible for that).

Excellent build Cap, you have got a recognizable style, something thats not easy to achieve. Great work!

Finally I see this completed! I love the castle, brilliant and unique design!:thumbup: I usually am really impressed with the colors you put in your builds. However this time, it might be a bit too much. Perhaps it is how you meant it though, being an "evil" friends spell in which case it perfectly portrays the emotion of "too much".

Wow, crazy bright! I really like the castle design, the way the tiers work together and have lots of detail without it seeming like overkill. The red roof and the gold accents are perfect choices too. :thumbup: I am a little sad that you haven't chosen to show an interior yet, as i really enjoyed the interior in your safehouse build, but i guess that is to come. Are you actually planning to add onto this building? It seems like the whole building should be about 4 times this size - that'd be a sight to see. :classic:

I am a little confused about the "evil freinds spell" though - how does that work? Does it suck the lifeforce out of it's victims and transfer them to plants or something? Also, who are the ppl setting out from the castle? I am intruiged. :look: