Sign in to follow this  
Capt.JohnPaul

Heroica RPG- Quest # 47: The Joust

~This quest is for chosen heroes only. If you would like to learn how to play, please head over t the Rules and Discusion to learn how to do so.~

heroicajoust.jpg

Three heroes travel back to Charis, Farmer John booked them a complimentary cruise, he's got the tab. You get off the boat and walk to the entrance to the city, two guards stand there.

gateway.jpg

scipio.png

"Halt. Greetings, I am Scipio, loyal henchman to the Fantome Croise. Also known as Scipio Metaltooth. I joust, and an incident where a lance hit my head broke my jaw. Now I wear these metal teeth. I take it you are hear for the joust? You look armed."

"Anyways, would you like to hear any information or facts about Chateau de la Ville?"

How will the party respond?

zTI3J.png

Sorrow (Endgame) *Party Leader*

428 year old undead Rogue

Level: 10

Power: 22

Defense: 0

Health: 16/16

Gold: 68

Equipment: Steel fan (WP12) Sticky Gloves

Inventory: Longsword (WP = 5) Scythe (WP = 3) Ice Bomb, Bedroll, Ether core YAY!!! :tongue: , Nostrum

Nagure(Costy)

34 year old Male Yeti Barbarian.

Level 5

Power: 13

Health: 12/12

Gold: 2

Equipment: (Axe(WP: 8))

Inventory: (Potion x5, Bottle of Mead x2, Remedy, Phoenix Essence x2, Smoke Bomb, Pickaxe)

Sarge J. Mcency (Skyrimguy)

53 years old male human rogue

Level 1

Power 4

Health 7

Gold 10

Equipment Knife (Wp 3)

Inventory Potion, A vial of poison.

Thanks for playing, you have 24 hours to confirm, also, are these stats right? Skyrimguy, you picture on flickr is "unavailable." Mind reuploading or something? :look:

I sip my super-complimentary glass of water. SSSsssiiippp.

"I really have no questions about this city myself. I was just here, what - a week ago or so? I really gotta get away from this crapshoot. But I do have questions on how this Joust will be set up. Could you tell me about it's rules? How many people will duel the Fantome? How many ether cores will fall on me? How many jousts must we complete?"

Stats look good.

Edited by Endgame

I sip my super-complimentary glass of water. SSSsssiiippp.

"I really have no questions about this city myself. I was just here, what - a week ago or so? I really gotta get away from this crapshoot. But I do have questions on how this Joust will be set up. Could you tell me about it's rules? How many people will duel the Fantome? How many ether cores will fall on me? How many jousts must we complete?"

Stats look good.

scipio.png

"You were here eh? Than you must've heard, some three hooligans gathered some people and attacked the Fantome Croise himself! Anyways, we're letting the jousters come in today. Depending on how many show up, is how many bracket's we'll arrange. All you have to do is beat the opponent, and the higher levels you go, the more prizes you get. The group who wins gets to fight the Fantome. For example, we're expecting a few local knights to joust, if at least one of them wins, they all get to fight the Fantome."

"Hooligans indeed. Bastards deserve a good public humiliation.

Are we actually going to be on horseback, or is Joust just a name to make it sound more exciting?"

"Hooligans indeed. Bastards deserve a good public humiliation.

Are we actually going to be on horseback, or is Joust just a name to make it sound more exciting?"

scipio.png

"A joust is a joust. You'll be on a horse."

"If I can ride a dragon, I should be able to ride a horse no problem." :shrug_oh_well:

I turn to the yeti.

"Nagure, old friend. Been itching for action for a while, huh?"

"So this is the place that I have heard so much about." Jon says as he staggers down the plank and into the street. " You have false teeth? I have a false leg! Put THAT in your pipe and smoke it." He smirks, knowingly. "But tell me one thing? Do we get to choose which horse we use?"

Stats are good and the pic is in my signature.

Edited by Skyrimguy

"Nagure, old friend. Been itching for action for a while, huh?"

"Yes, I haven't been able to stretch myself for months. I fought in the arena with Erik, but that was merely practice,there's nothing like a real fight. I heard you went up for a round against this "funny croissant" guy. Also heard you lost. You ready for some payback?"

Looking at "Sarge" I say

"So this new guy, he's a bit strange isn't he? What do we call you?"

scipio.png

"A joust is a joust. You'll be on a horse."

"Has anyone here been in a joust before? Or ridden a horse before? We don't have them where we come from, they freeze and die. We use snow-lizards instead, much tougher. Also very smelly. Nice teeth as well, Sir Metaltooth."

Edited by Costy

Sarge looks at his surroundings, taking them in. For the first time he notices Nagure, a huge, white looming yeti. "Talk about strange? Your'e a blimmin yeti for gods sakes! Look who is talking? Dirty yeti :hmpf_bad: ....

I 'ave never been in a joust though I have just the tactic that may win us a fight. Use an on heat mare. Those warhorses will go crazy. Not so strange now am I? Isarge by the way.'m So what's this snow-lizard place yeti, Land of Fridge? I'm sarge by the way."

Edited by Skyrimguy

Sarge looks at his surroundings, taking them in. For the first time he notices Nagure, a huge, white looming yeti. "Talk about strange? Your'e a blimmin yeti for gods sakes! Look who is talking? Dirty yeti :hmpf_bad: ....

I 'ave never been in a joust though I have just the tactic that may win us a fight. Use an on heat mare. Those warhorses will go crazy. Not so strange now am I? Isarge by the way.'m So what's this snow-lizard place yeti, Land of Fridge? I'm sarge by the way."

"What happened to being Cpt Mcency? or perhaps the army decided your sheninigans were worthy of a demotion?"

This better not be another flamerobe...

I 'ave never been in a joust though I have just the tactic that may win us a fight. Use an on heat mare.

I don't see how this could possibly be a good idea. We're going to be on horses as well. Anyway, I'm not sure I trust either of you near fire. Last time I was near it it burnt my fur. :hmpf_bad:

So what's this snow-lizard place yeti, Land of Fridge?

This snow-lizard place happens to be where I was born and raised. Home of all the Yeti, very dangerous. No humans have been there for hundreds of years, and those who have been there have never come back. I'm one of the only of my kind to leave there since Heroica was founded.

I have a bad feeling about this...

Edited by Costy

"What happened to being Cpt Mcency? or perhaps the army decided your sheninigans were worthy of a demotion?"

Sarge looks down, thinking of his time as captain"Pretty much, I don't really wanna talk about it... :oh: But what about the "Mare on heat" Thing, Sound good? May get us slightly farther."

"But what about the "Mare on heat" Thing, Sound good? May get us slightly farther."

"You can try it first, but I am not cleaning up. I suppose we could give the horse a Nostrum or a Mead."

Edited by Costy

"Listen up, 'Sarge'. These quests aren't for fun and games. People get hurt. People die. Even though I'm mostly doing this hero thing for a paycheck and... personal... reasons, it doesn't change the fact that this is serious business. A wake of blood usually follows a hero, Mcency. When you learn that, it'll probbaly knock the gusto right out of you."

"You can try it first, but I am not cleaning up. I suppose we could give the horse a Nostrum or a Mead."

"I guess. It worked in game of thrones... I think I'd better leave this to you two. I'm not really that experienced in this Heroica thing. If you want me to do something just ask. I am yours to command. I have no mead. I'm a freakin noob."

"Listen up, 'Sarge'. These quests aren't for fun and games. People get hurt. People die. Even though I'm mostly doing this hero thing for a paycheck and... personal... reasons, it doesn't change the fact that this is serious business. A wake of blood usually follows a hero, Mcency. When you learn that, it'll probbaly knock the gusto right out of you."

You think I Don't know that? I served in the army for 30 years! I lost my leg to cannon fire, 2 fingers to a sword.

Edited by Skyrimguy

"So this is the place that I have heard so much about." Jon says as he staggers down the plank and into the street. " You have false teeth? I have a false leg! Put THAT in your pipe and smoke it." He smirks, knowingly. "But tell me one thing? Do we get to choose which horse we use?"

Stats are good and the pic is in my signature.

scipio.png

"False leg? Interesting.... since none of you have a horse, we'll just give yo the extra one's from the Croise Cavalry. Anyways, you are free to move on. We have an inn, a church, blacksmith, markets, and farms you can visit. I hope you enjoy your stay in our perfect city."

scipio.png

"False leg? Interesting.... since none of you have a horse, we'll just give yo the extra one's from the Croise Cavalry. Anyways, you are free to move on. We have an inn, a church, blacksmith, markets, and farms you can visit. I hope you enjoy your stay in our perfect city."

Sarge thanks the man when he is told about the horses, but when the man finishes his sentence, sarge shouts:"Perfect? I've traveled across this world and from my experience NOWHERE is perfect. There is always one bastard, one corrupt politician, one piece of shit who makes your life a bit harder. I'll decide whether this place is "Perfect." Sarge spits the word as if it is unholy.

turning to his fellow heroes he says : "I say that we should go to the smithy to get our horses shoed. Sound good? Also, I may need to go to the market to get a better weapon."

OOC: Url http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/LEGO/Heroica/ava-jon.jpg

Edited by Skyrimguy

"To the blacksmith! We may be able to find you a better weapon there 'Sarge'".

Looking at Sarge, I can't help but think that he is strange for one of those pinky meatbags. He seems to have anger in him. Much anger.

"To the blacksmith! We may be able to find you a better weapon there 'Sarge'".

Looking at Sarge, I can't help but think that he is strange for one of those pinky meatbags. He seems to have anger in him. Much anger.

Sarge let the sarcasm go and instead, said "Yeah, I really need to stop fighting with a letteropener."

He noticed looks of distaste from the others. Something he learned in the army. Read body language or get killed by an angry mob. Bah! But what did they know? They hadn't been through what he had. They hadn't hadn't been there.

Edited by Skyrimguy

"To the blacksmith we go, then.

Sarge, pipe down. You're going to tick off the guard. Think you've been through a thousand hells? i've been through a thousand more. Let us leave the past behind us and get on with this little venture, shall we?"

"To the blacksmith we go, then.

Sarge, pipe down. You're going to tick off the guard. Think you've been through a thousand hells? i've been through a thousand more. Let us leave the past behind us and get on with this little venture, shall we?"

"I guess you're right. You are undead, after all. With no flesh, comes great knowledge, I have been told. Yeah, blacksmith. Sorry."

You travel to the armory.

armory.jpg

There, there's an armorer running over to mend some ore. Armor stands sit at the back of a wall with a weapons stack.

armorer.png

"Ah, hello! I am Tristan. Here's what you can buy:"

croise_armor.pngCroise suit of Armor- (Artifact, body wear) SP: +1. Power +2

"A fine replication of the guards of the Croise. Vyou will feel their power wearing it!" 90 gold

lionheartsuit_of_armor.png-Lionheart suit of Armor- (Artifact, bodywear) Maximum health: +3, Ether +2 "Thiz iz a famous armor found from an encient order of crusaders." 80 gold.

charis_armor.pngChevalier of Charis armor- (Artifact, bodywear) Maximum health +2, SP: 2 "Show your pride for ze Kingdom of Charis! Parts of the armor are covered in brass for added protection and beauty" 70 gold

Weapons:

Halberd: WP:5- 50 gold (Suitable for barbarians)

Lance: WP:5- 50 gold (suitable for knights)

Knife: WP:5- 50 gold (suitable for rogues)

Average Sword WP:5 - 50 gold (suitable for rogues, knights, and barbarians)

Party:

zTI3J.png

Sorrow (Endgame) *Party Leader*

428 year old undead Rogue

Level: 10

Power: 22

Defense: 0

Health: 16/16

Gold: 68

Equipment: Steel fan (WP12) Sticky Gloves

Inventory: Longsword (WP = 5) Scythe (WP = 3) Ice Bomb, Bedroll, Ether core YAY!!! :tongue: , Nostrum

Nagure(Costy)

34 year old Male Yeti Barbarian.

Level 5

Power: 13

Health: 12/12

Gold: 2

Equipment: (Axe(WP: 8))

Inventory: (Potion x5, Bottle of Mead x2, Remedy, Phoenix Essence x2, Smoke Bomb, Pickaxe)

ava-jon.jpg

Sarge J. Mcency (Skyrimguy)

53 years old male human rogue

Level 1

Power 4

Health 7

Gold 10

Equipment Knife (Wp 3)

Inventory Potion, A vial of poison.

Edited by Capt.JohnPaul

"If I sell you my Longsword and Scythe for 40 gold, could I get a Croise Armor?"

Edited by Endgame

"If I sell you my Longsword and Scythe for 40 gold, could I get a Croise Armor?"

armorer.png

"Itemz are sold for half price. Hears a secret, I'm working on this weapon, and I need one last product. If you can get me Insect's Venom, I'll reduce every thing by 15%."

armorer.png

"Itemz are sold for half price. Hears a secret, I'm working on this weapon, and I need one last product. If you can get me Insect's Venom, I'll reduce every thing by 15%."

"I meant 40 gold total. 5+3=8x1=80/2=40 gold. I'll be sure to get you that venom before I purchase anything though..."