Sign in to follow this  
Ape Fight

Aston Martin V8 Vantage (x2!)

I don't normally look at LEGO cars because it is rare that people get them to look right but this is one of the few that has captured the look of the car to perfection. hopefully he joins!

~Legoanrdo

Edited by Legonardo

I don't normally look at LEGO cars because it is rare that people get them to look right but this is one of the few that has captured the look of the car to perfection. hopefully he joins!

~Legoanrdo

It is a nice car indeed, but I think that you perception that people rarely get cars to look right may be a bit biased if you only see the ones posted on EB. There are a few exceptions, but most of the people that that I'd consider decent car builders aren't active here.

The gathering place for many of the world's best LEGO car builders -at least the ones active on-line- is LUGnuts over on flickr.

Cheers,

Ralph

Edited by Ralph_S

It is a nice car indeed, but I think that you perception that people rarely get cars to look right may be a bit biased if you only see the ones posted on EB. There are a few exceptions, but most of the people that that I'd consider decent car builders aren't active here.

The gathering place for many of the world's best LEGO car builders -at least the ones active on-line- is LUGnuts over on flickr.

Cheers,

Ralph

Can we please define "Lego Car Builders"? If you are talking about studded lego then you are correct. If you are talking legos (and thus technic) in general, then I think you are quite wrong.

Can we please define "Lego Car Builders"? If you are talking about studded lego then you are correct. If you are talking legos (and thus technic) in general, then I think you are quite wrong.

Looking through the list of members at LUGnuts, there do seem to be quite a few Technic guys, but there also seem to be some notable ones missing. I don't know how active they are over there. The studded/snot models really are some of the best that I have ever seen. I am fairly certain that the guys who are in charge of LUGnuts are in the new upcoming issue of brickjournal magazine. From what I read, it is themed around cars.

I thought that since this thread is about a realistic-looking Aston Martin model, it would be clear I wasn't talking about Technic cars, but cars in a similar style as the Aston Martin, which for lack of a better word you could call Model Team or LEGO system.

There's very little of that here, and having posted similar cars on EB (in the Technic, Mindstorms and Model Team forum) in the past, I can understand why. Most of the Technic builders aren't particularly interested in them because they're not Technic and the people who might like them, mostly people who are into the city theme, don't see them because they're not in the city forum.

Cheers,

Ralph

I never stop in the technic forum, but I saw the name Aston, of which I am an incredible fan, and I must say: This is awesome!

What a master piece... I would like to see that level of detail applied to a large car, it would be great but the weight would be a big problem...

Its nice, but more detail could have been put in if the scale was enlarged. Still amazing though. :thumbup: