Sign in to follow this  
Peppermint_M

MOC: Lionel Lion's Classic Car

builders_guild.gif

classic_car.jpg

Lionel had decided it was time to get a new car. His old orange muscle car was a bit cubbish for him these days. When this classic Guma Tri-power was advertised in the local paper he just knew it was the motor for him!

So, this was a pain to build, if you notice the front and back ends are four studs wide between the running plates and fenders but three studs wide for the engine, cab and back box. It took every technique and trick I could think of to build in not only my desired detail but to also fit the figure in, all the while keeping it in a smaller wheelbase size. This is the resulting build, while slightly more studed than I like best, I think it helps it maintain a more vintage LEGO aesthetic to match the theme age.

The colour scheme is one I always think smart, so do not be surprised if Jake Raines or Johnny Thunder turn up in a similar car some time in the future!

Nice car :thumbup: The colors look great and I love the top of the headlights and the bumper flows (is that even a term? :wacko: )

Sweet car, Peppermint. :thumbup: Very cool and classy looking. Nice use of the tooth pieces. One suggestion I have is to tile up those studs on the sides - I think it would make the car look a lot smoother (even if it does look vintage :tongue: ).

Perfect match for a lion :sweet:. I love the vintage look, and the color scheme is great :sweet:

A agree that color-scheme is superb :thumbup: Nice work on the car itself too, especially the spare tire and engine detailing :classic:

Thanks all, I have to build a whole bunch more Fabuland to go with all the figures I have bought recently :classic: