-Sci

Whoa, that's incredible. I wonder if that comes in a kids' XL (the closest LEGO shirts not aimed at AFOLs typically come to fitting me).

I suppose this means that yes, we will be getting well-illustrated character art in 2013. Which makes me quite happy. I wasn't sure if that was going to continue since there weren't going to be any more spinners (and thus, no more cards).

Edited by Aanchir

*sigh*. Lego, why don't you make shirts for adults. I'd proudly wear a Ninjago shirt to school.

Kalhiki

*sigh*. Lego, why don't you make shirts for adults. I'd proudly wear a Ninjago shirt to school.

Kalhiki

LEGO doesn't manufacture the shirts themselves; they license them out. And I believe the companies they license them out to prefer to play it safe by making them in sizes according to those themes' target audiences.

There are some LEGO shirts in adult sizes I believe, but they're mostly based on LEGO Star Wars and other licensed themes. One of the things I've loved about Ninjago is that it's been successful enough to "play with the big leagues" and get a lot of media/merchandise that is otherwise reserved for licensed themes and classic LEGO-- but then again, almost all of that still ended up being very kid-oriented. Nevertheless it does my heart good to walk through a store's clothing department and see a LEGO shirt that is popular not because it is tied to some retro license like Star Wars or Batman but because it's based on something being designed and marketed in the here and now.

As I understand it, other countries do have more variety in kid-oriented LEGO clothing, but most of that doesn't make its way to the US... once upon a time, we could find a lot of LEGO apparel in LEGO brand stores, but not any more unfortunately, except the occasional LEGO Star Wars shirt.

Each of the sets should have included cards! It worked with KK2 and Orient Expedition, didn't it?

It could be possible and would be a great move for Lego...Make the last wave sets have exclusive figures(not in spinners),the elemental blades,and cards....all in TIN FOIL! :excited:

Edited by Zachattacx

I really hope they find some way to distribute new cards, but I feel they might just include them in the back of the instruction books. But I really hope there are AT LEAST booster packs coming later in the year.

I really hope they find some way to distribute new cards, but I feel they might just include them in the back of the instruction books. But I really hope there are AT LEAST booster packs coming later in the year.

*sigh* Yeah, I'd really love character cards for the ninja at least, but I doubt LEGO will do that... although, if they did include them in the back of the instruction booklet like you suggest, then I'd want every last one of those six sets...

Well, we´ve practically already got Lloyd´s. The Overlord´s card art would look awesome though.

As I understand it, other countries do have more variety in kid-oriented LEGO clothing, but most of that doesn't make its way to the US... once upon a time, we could find a lot of LEGO apparel in LEGO brand stores, but not any more unfortunately, except the occasional LEGO Star Wars shirt.

Try the new GameStop Kids stores. I'm not sure if they have anything adult sized. But the one I saw did seem to have an assortment of Lego t shirts and paraphernalia.i didn't really notice how much was licensed vs unlicensed though.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but the Ninjago Character Encyclopedia, which includes Kimono Lloyd, is available Amazon for only $10.25 in the US. That is the best price that has been available for it.

Edited by Penkid11

Picked up 70500 Kai's Fire Robot today.

I'm not really into Ninjago (I own a few small sets that I've picked up on sales and that's it) but I love mechs and this one is really terrific, especially considering it's only like 90 pieces. Cool minifigures (both have backprinting) and lots of great pieces. Definitely one of my favourite sets of this size in a long time, to be honest. The only thing that's a little bad about it is that the sword doesn't attach to anything, and the mech doesn't exactly have the steely grip of a minifigure. It'll hold it just fine, but not as securely as I'd personally like.

I'm not really into Ninjago (I own a few small sets that I've picked up on sales and that's it) but I love mechs and this one is really terrific, especially considering it's only like 90 pieces. Cool minifigures (both have backprinting) and lots of great pieces. Definitely one of my favourite sets of this size in a long time, to be honest. The only thing that's a little bad about it is that the sword doesn't attach to anything, and the mech doesn't exactly have the steely grip of a minifigure. It'll hold it just fine, but not as securely as I'd personally like.

Already? Where?

-Sci

Already? Where?

-Sci

Judging by his other posts, he lives in Sweden.

Mind providing some pictures, too? :classic:

Edited by just2good

Oh, no! I don't have enough money to afford these things yet! Please, please, PLEASE release after Christmas... Aww, what am I saying, GET HERE QUICK!!

Edited by Penkid11

No words... Thank goodness!

It looks gorgeous. Now that will be a first day purchase.

Pretty neat to see how his feet are attached. They apparently use this piece, which doesn't allow the same posability as the ball-joint-based ankles of most previous dragons but fits very nicely regardless.

Already? Where?

-Sci

Sweden. LEGO released the Hobbit, City, Ninjago, Friends and Star Wars sets here yesterday.

Mind providing some pictures, too? :classic:

I would but I don't have any set-up for it. Don't think there's anything I could've added anyway with such a little set, especially now that there's that video.

The mech can definitely hold onto the sword better than it does in the video though, and like the video also shows, the set includes a spare golden sword. It's not officially part of the set, but it's pretty nice having an extra since you can equip Kai with it when he's not in the mech and still have the mech hold the larger sword.

Edited by Graysmith