OK, I get it now. Faefrost's post above had me confused. A store exclusive is a much more likely possibility, though I'm not really counting on it since there weren't any for 2012.

What about Wrecking ball, Fangpyre mech and Arena?

http://www.brickset....ail/?Set=9455-1

http://www.brickset....ail/?Set=9457-1

http://www.brickset....ail/?Set=9456-1

Edited by Krulis

Right, that's true. Silly me. I was remembering the lack of store exclusive sets in the summer wave and mistakenly thinking that applied to the whole year. :blush: In that case, I wouldn't be at all surprised if a store exclusive set showed up, though I have a feeling that stores will more likely opt for exclusive sets from newer themes like Chima, whose importance TLG is surely emphasizing in their talks with retailers.

Edited by Aanchir

Who knows? Maybe (I'm probably being to hopeful already) there will be a summer wave?

Who knows? Maybe (I'm probably being to hopeful already) there will be a summer wave?

I'm doubtful, simply because there is appearing to be a very deliberate effort to wrap things up. Already the spinner sets are being discontinued to make room for Chima's "Speedorz" on shelves, and while we have news of some Ninjago graphic novels for 2013 there is no similar news of Ninjago chapter books or other publications. Additionally, with the TV series about to conclude for good, there won't be any new Ninjago story arcs, and despite the amount of things in the recent TV episodes that are not announced as sets, I don't think it's likely that any of these are planned for an actual release-- not with the majority of the most impressive character designs and distinctive settings already due for release in the first half of the year.

So when do you think we'll see these sets available? Since the show is ending and Christmas is just around the corner, I'm hoping fairly soon.

Kalhiki

So when do you think we'll see these sets available? Since the show is ending and Christmas is just around the corner, I'm hoping fairly soon.

Kalhiki

Hard to say. It would be somewhat logical to expect them to show up soon, since as far as I know they're due for a January release like most sets that start appearing early. They should certainly start appearing by Christmas.

Edited by Aanchir

Hard to say. It would be somewhat logical to expect them to show up soon, since as far as I know they're due for a January release like most sets that start appearing early. They should certainly start appearing by Christmas.

IDK,last year they came around or after Black Friday sales,but the show ends on 11/21/12 in the U.S.So relatively around or after Christmas.

Edited by Zachattacx

I think they'll appear just before Christmas, I'll probably check while on my Christmas vacation (in either Germany or Austria, both of which are pretty good when hunting for new releases).

I thought I should ask you all to edit your signatures according to the example set by Zachattacx, Wall E2624, and I. Remember forever that

"It all started with a Sensei that visited a Blacksmith shop..."

Images of the Golden Ninja minifig!

*links*

So... it's just a golden version of his normal smirk? Oh well, now I'll have a golden head. Maybe we'll make a golden statue one of these days...

I thought I should ask you all to edit your signatures according to the example set by Zachattacx, Wall E2624, and I...

Hey, the last episode hasn't even aired yet and we're RIPing it already? :facepalm::laugh::grin:

OK, I get it now. Faefrost's post above had me confused. A store exclusive is a much more likely possibility, though I'm not really counting on it since there weren't any for 2012.

I was more thinking that 'End of Theme" exclusives tend to be D2C rather than store exclusives. Things like The Imperial Flagship, Diagon Alley, the MMV and the Joust sets. Plus when it is a store exclusive we often see a hole in the numbering patern. But a D2C lego exclusive is more often in the 10k number range and harder to spot in advance.

I was more thinking that 'End of Theme" exclusives tend to be D2C rather than store exclusives. Things like The Imperial Flagship, Diagon Alley, the MMV and the Joust sets. Plus when it is a store exclusive we often see a hole in the numbering patern. But a D2C lego exclusive is more often in the 10k number range and harder to spot in advance.

You got my juices turning, now I want a D2C set now. I don't care what they choose, but all I know is it would be epic... hypothetically speaking of course.

Page 17 of this PDF has a preview of a page from Graphic Novel #7. Hard to say what exactly it will be about at this point-- it certainly seems that like the previous graphic novels, it is telling a brand-new story rather than just exploring the core story as it is told in the TV series. Funny that we should see our first preview page for graphic novel #7 before we've even seen the cover of #7 or any preview pages from #6.

Page 17 of this PDF has a preview of a page from Graphic Novel #7. Hard to say what exactly it will be about at this point-- it certainly seems that like the previous graphic novels, it is telling a brand-new story rather than just exploring the core story as it is told in the TV series. Funny that we should see our first preview page for graphic novel #7 before we've even seen the cover of #7 or any preview pages from #6.

Seeing internal art before the cover of a comic or graphic novel is normal. The internal is normally traditional line art with modern computer variations on the old 4 color art process. The cover is often a more detailed painted image, and is often the last piece of completed artwork.

The silhouettes of the villains look interesting. Now I'm almost wondering if the new Galaxy Squad villains started out their design life as Ninjago foes and got shifted over to the more Heinlein'esque Scifi theme?

LEGO would make a blast with an exclusive for Ninjago if they included the hairpieces for the Ninja's. I mean, in the show it is more without cap then with cap. :)

LEGO would make a blast with an exclusive for Ninjago if they included the hairpieces for the Ninja's. I mean, in the show it is more without cap then with cap. :)

I was really hoping we'd see a Kai hairpiece. A D2C, as you suggested, would be our last hope.

Don't we have an exact release date for the final Ninjago DVD? I'm going to take a wild guess and say that LEGO will "leak" the smaller sets onto store shelves on that date. :wink:

That would be (IMO) a very smart move on their part, could you imagine a $100 exclusive with all the ninja hairpieces? (And I've been meaning to ask, what does D2C mean?) I know I'd be dying for anything with Kai's hairpiece (I'm hoping it comes on the S9 CMF plumber...)

Seeing internal art before the cover of a comic or graphic novel is normal. The internal is normally traditional line art with modern computer variations on the old 4 color art process. The cover is often a more detailed painted image, and is often the last piece of completed artwork.

The silhouettes of the villains look interesting. Now I'm almost wondering if the new Galaxy Squad villains started out their design life as Ninjago foes and got shifted over to the more Heinlein'esque Scifi theme?

I doubt it. The villains from the seventh graphic novel seem like a general mishmash of character designs, not characters that would have been figs for any one theme. I see at least one who has what looks like a mohawk.

That would be (IMO) a very smart move on their part, could you imagine a $100 exclusive with all the ninja hairpieces? (And I've been meaning to ask, what does D2C mean?) I know I'd be dying for anything with Kai's hairpiece (I'm hoping it comes on the S9 CMF plumber...)

D2C is short for Direct to Consumer. Direct to Consumer sets are the sets that you usually can't get from most retail stores, just LEGO brand stores and LEGOshop.com. Usually in the AFOL community, this is used specifically to refer to the fairly expensive sets like Medieval Market Village, Emerald Knight, Haunted House, and most Star Wars Ultimate Collectors' Series sets, but other things like magnet packs and certain polybag sets can also be considered D2C (when preliminary names for sets have been discovered on the LEGO Customer Service site, it's not uncommon to see a polybag set labeled D2C GWP, or "Direct to Consumer gift with purchase").

As of next year, most large D2C sets will be rebranded as a part of the LEGO Creator "Expert" line, though I guarantee that ones that tie in specifically with certain themes like LEGO Star Wars or Ninjago would still be labeled with those brands rather than the Creator branding. So D2C or LEGO Exclusive is still going to be the preferred term for those.

I don't know if we'll ever see Kai's hairpiece-- to be honest, I'm not entirely certain it was designed with the possibility of molding it in mind, given all the clumps of hair sticking off of it at odd angles.

I don't know if we'll ever see Kai's hairpiece-- to be honest, I'm not entirely certain it was designed with the possibility of molding it in mind, given all the clumps of hair sticking off of it at odd angles.

Thanks! Yeah, it does seem like it would be hard to mold, however I was under the impression (could easily be wrong) that the hairpiece did exist in a different color. I'm probably wrong though...