This gold ninja thing is :wub_drool:. Gold ninja suits brings me to my happy place. And then there is this Golden Dragon speculation which brings more happiness to me. This Garmatron is a very funny play on words but seems a bit odd. However new hats make it all better :sweet:

Is not. Legend Of Chima is.

Ok, now that I had more time to talk to my source, he said "Ninjago is TLG's #2 line." It's not going away. TMNT will be coming out in December. So we'll have two ninja line's! I can't say anymore. :devil:

Ok, now that I had more time to talk to my source, he said "Ninjago is TLG's #2 line." It's not going away. TMNT will be coming out in December. So we'll have two ninja line's! I can't say anymore. :devil:

Of course, there's no way TMNT will be replacing Ninjago, seems like it's just a one-wave theme that will end at the same time as Ninjago (if not sooner. . .)

My source was very specific about Ninjago staying around for awhile. I grilled him hard and that was one point he really emphasized.

Sorry 'Cpt BeerBeard', but there is one wave of Ninjago next year and that's it.

And that was difficult to find even that out from one of my many sources. :blush:

Whoops, didn't realize there was a 2013 topic. Just posted this in the 2012 topic but I guess it makes more sense here:

That pic from the Character Encyclopedia makes it that much more plausible that the Stone Army will be the new foes for the Ninja (since the stone warriors from the graphic novel cover have the same shoulder armor). Another clue is that the cover of the graphic novel has been replaced with a placeholder image on both Amazon and Barnes & Noble, suggesting that there's something on that cover that TLG didn't want people seeing. In general, they are quality villain designs and so I look forward to seeing them in more detail. I also wouldn't mind if those Ninja costumes became the standard in sets next year, even if they're a bit more generic than the ZX Ninja costumes. Also I fully expect to see those elemental swords in sets, since they seem to be based on an actual part's geometry hence why they have such a precise shape.

In general I'm glad Ninjago is continuing with new sets, even if that means it's ending. I'm not the least bit excited about Legend of Chima, which seems to be occupying the same "genre" of toy as Ninjago and thus is Ninjago's most likely direct replacement. But still, Ninjago had a wonderful run and I'm sure there will still be plenty of LEGO for me to collect in 2013 no matter what happens. Meanwhile, it seems like they're going to actually wrap up the Ninjago story with a worthy finale, rather than the slightly rushed finale of BIONICLE or the open-ended finale of Exo-Force.

On a side note, someone in the Legend of Chima topic (I think) quoted a Brickset user who mentioned something about a Gold Ninja and gold dragon. I honestly don't know whether that Brickset user was making things up but they seemed to be correct about some other things, so that could be neat. Hopefully if it is true it's just a new form for Lloyd or something and not another new Ninja character-- it doesn't seem like there's enough time left to establish a brand-new character effectively, at least not if they're meant to be given some special importance.

In general I am confident that next year's Ninjago will not disappoint, even if it turns out to be a small "finale wave".

Now, as for the rumors that TMNT is replacing Ninjago, I think the answer to that is yes and no. Sure, the TMNT theme would probably not exist if Ninjago weren't ending, since TLG wouldn't want to introduce another fantasy martial arts theme that would compete with their own. For that matter, it might even have been one of the motivations to end Ninjago. But it seems clear to me that Ninjago's real "replacement" will be Legend of Chima, which from what we've seen will contain several of the most fundamental things that made the Ninjago theme unique (a thorough and original new non-licensed story, a "game" component involving both cards and toys, and a sort of science-fantasy blend with a sense of mysticism).

Also, don't forget that when BIONICLE's cancellation became apparent, one of the prevalent rumors was that the Ben 10 Alien Force theme introduced the same year would be its replacement, but its true replacement was the non-licensed theme LEGO Hero Factory. I imagine the situation here will be similar.

I wonder what the Golden Dragon will be like. It would allow for the other dragons to split back apart into new forms, so I'm crossing my fingers. I want a new (adult) version of the Lightning dragon.

I wonder what the Golden Dragon will be like. It would allow for the other dragons to split back apart into new forms, so I'm crossing my fingers. I want a new (adult) version of the Lightning dragon.

I have doubts that the 2013 sets will be more than one wave, so I doubt we'll see new sets of the four original dragons-- especially if they were bigger than the original dragon sets. That would basically prohibit the inclusion of any other large sets if TLG wanted to maintain a range of price points

I'm also curious what the golden dragon would be like. If it's a new form of the Ultra Dragon, would it still have four heads? Alternatively, if it's a new dragon entirely, then what would become of the Ultra Dragon, and how would the new one hope to measure up to the expectations Epic Dragon Battle set for an "ultimate dragon"? Regardless, a gold dragon is a neat idea and I'd love to see what it'd be like.

That pic from the Character Encyclopedia makes it that much more plausible that the Stone Army will be the new foes for the Ninja (since the stone warriors from the graphic novel cover have the same shoulder armor). Another clue is that the cover of the graphic novel has been replaced with a placeholder image on both Amazon and Barnes & Noble, suggesting that there's something on that cover that TLG didn't want people seeing. In general, they are quality villain designs and so I look forward to seeing them in more detail. I also wouldn't mind if those Ninja costumes became the standard in sets next year, even if they're a bit more generic than the ZX Ninja costumes. Also I fully expect to see those elemental swords in sets, since they seem to be based on an actual part's geometry hence why they have such a precise shape.

In general I'm glad Ninjago is continuing with new sets, even if that means it's ending. I'm not the least bit excited about Legend of Chima, which seems to be occupying the same "genre" of toy as Ninjago and thus is Ninjago's most likely direct replacement. But still, Ninjago had a wonderful run and I'm sure there will still be plenty of LEGO for me to collect in 2013 no matter what happens. Meanwhile, it seems like they're going to actually wrap up the Ninjago story with a worthy finale, rather than the slightly rushed finale of BIONICLE or the open-ended finale of Exo-Force.

On a side note, someone in the Legend of Chima topic (I think) quoted a Brickset user who mentioned something about a Gold Ninja and gold dragon. I honestly don't know whether that Brickset user was making things up but they seemed to be correct about some other things, so that could be neat. Hopefully if it is true it's just a new form for Lloyd or something and not another new Ninja character-- it doesn't seem like there's enough time left to establish a brand-new character effectively, at least not if they're meant to be given some special importance.

In general I am confident that next year's Ninjago will not disappoint, even if it turns out to be a small "finale wave".

You've pretty much said everything I wanted to. My only worry is, with the lack of spinners, there may not be a cheap way for collectors to get the ninjas. While I may get a Stone Warrior or two, primarily I am just interested in the five (six...?) ninjas due to their designs (I agree the "Kimono" look is lacking in comparison to ZX but still looks good) and weapons. Considering loose Lloyd ZX's were going for the best part of £20 before the spinner set, and the set was from being over £100 which was too much for my budge and not something I personally wanted, I am slightly worried it will be as bad, if not worse for all the characters. To be honest I'd rather have had Ninjago end at the end of 2013 after a set of waves similar to 2012 and launch Chima end of 2013/start of 2014 but it's TLG's choice at the end of the day.

Booster packs. :)

LEGO doing no new spinners will be because of LoC ripcord vehicles.

However, LEGO, could do with ease various booster packs.

And if the stone army is generic in type then they could have a single booster pack to be sufficient in addition to models in actual sets (with a leader type).

@Draiknova, what do you mean with an adult version of the lightning dragon? I guess you mean an Earth Dragon with wings (as is told in the Ninjago book of Kai: dragons grow wings when they get older (+600 years old).

Booster packs. :)

LEGO doing no new spinners will be because of LoC ripcord vehicles.

However, LEGO, could do with ease various booster packs.

And if the stone army is generic in type then they could have a single booster pack to be sufficient in addition to models in actual sets (with a leader type).

I clean forgot about the booster packs! I really wish they put more of the ZX/NRG ninjas in them as I have spinners and cards I don't really want or need. Fingers crossed they will take advantage of the under-used idea for 2013; I'm much happier to buy one or two small/medium sets to get some of the ninjas and the rest via booster than all via sets.

I clean forgot about the booster packs! I really wish they put more of the ZX/NRG ninjas in them as I have spinners and cards I don't really want or need. Fingers crossed they will take advantage of the under-used idea for 2013; I'm much happier to buy one or two small/medium sets to get some of the ninjas and the rest via booster than all via sets.

Booster packs! I sure hope you guys are right - that's even cheaper than spinners, and it would make great sense! :thumbup:

DARETH'S MOJO DOJO.

CONFIRMED 4 BRAWL!!!!!! :tongue:

I'm afraid I don't understand...