Review: 10228 Haunted House

260 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this set?

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Excellent

Personally it makes sense to retire it sooner than later, only because the theme it fell under is also retired and how much interest is there in a Haunted House throughout the year outside of Halloween. I can imagine it was a very good seller for LEGO, but probably not consistent. I'd imagine the supply is running low. I don't see why they would do another production run this late in the game.

With that said, it is an awesome set and I would highly recommend it to everyone. I'm not sure how great this is as a parts pack, but sand green isn't exactly cheap, so it might end up being a good deal in the end to buy this set.

I'm considering buying this most excellent set but am a bit worried whether it'll fit in my display cabinet. Can someone who owns this kindly tell me the dimensions of the build? Just for the house, ignoring the gate.

EDIT: Nevermind, found it elsewhere.

Edited by Hive

Damn, it's sold out now - I was planning to buy it tomorrow. :(

Does anyone know whether it has been retired or is just temporarily out of stock...?

I'm not sure. In the last month it has been through various states: from temporarily out of stock to sold out, several times.

I saw one copy of the HH yesterday in a big shop here in Madrid for 199€...

My local store had 8 in stock the other weekend. I've now got one of those, and will hopefully finish the build tonight.

I just have to find somewhere to display it now...

Finally built the Haunted House. Definetely one of the best sets ever. A true Lego legend. It's a homage to City and Creator at the same time, and it's better than both. I bought the Ghostbusters set on impulse along with the HH and oh, wow, they go together sooo well!

Wow, nice find! It's so similar that it's hard to imagine the designer *not* being inspired by that house.

Yeh... I'm way to late to get the set now... 350€ on avg. price...

I understand your pain... I'm also too late, and this is one of the best sets ever.