Sandy

Heroica RPG - Quest #44: My Best Friend

The Dragonlord calmed down, but still looked somewhat dismayed.

heroicanpc-dragonlord.jpg

"Harrumphf! While I cannot exactly congratulate for a job well done, I have to say I'm pleased to hear you fought back the demons. We must not let the forces from the Void seep into this city, it's in deep enough trouble as it is without demonic influence. I will bring your news to the other Veterans, although I suspect the Sand Queen already knows about this. She's always one step ahead of the rest of us, that wily woman... Anyway, the heroes who fell did not die in vain. Their names shall be carved on the wall of Heroica Hall to be remembered forever. And if that kid wants to live in my dusty old basement, so be it. It's not like I stay over at the house very often, anyway."

heroicanpc-kukulkan.jpg

"Indeed. I too am proud to see that you helped this innocent girl in her humble quest, even though the cost was heavy. It shows that this city still has hope with Heroica taking care of it. Always remember to defend the oppressed, and the world will slowly become a better place for all of us."

heroicanpc-dragonlord.jpg

"Alright, cut the philosophical crap, Kukulkan! Let's hit Scheherazade's Saloon, I'm in dire need of a strong drink!"

heroicanpc-kukulkan.jpg

"Yes, my friend. We have a spider-catching trip to plan. I have just the thing you need to fell another Murkwood Mother..."

The dragoon and the orc walk off side by side.

heroicanpc-skuld.jpg

"Oh, we must hurry back to our house!"

Indeed, in front of the house of the Nôrns, the party see Sküld's mother arguing with Åsa Nifelheimr.

heroicaquest44-nornhouse6.jpg

heroicanpc-asa.jpg

"Trust me, Ürd. They will be back soon. I consulted the Oracle, and..."

heroicanpc-urd.jpg

"May the Goddess take you swiftly if something has happened to my daughter, Åsa! This is absolutely the last time..." Then she spots the girl approaching with the group of heroes. "Sküld! Oh my Goddess, are you alright?"

heroicanpc-skuld.jpg

"Mother, I'm fine! And Shaun is too, it just took a while to find him. I'm so sorry for worrying you!"

heroicanpc-urd.jpg

"I've heard enough of this Shaun! He is nothing but trouble to you, I swear! I stayed up all night wishing you come through that door, can you understand how that felt?"

heroicanpc-skuld.jpg

"I said I'm sorry, mother..."

heroicanpc-asa.jpg

"Don't be so hard on her, Ürd. She did what was the right thing to do, and now she is back with us. You can always trust champions of Heroica, like I told you."

Ürd just glares at the Nôrn leader as she hugs Sküld tightly. Does the party wish to ask something from the Nôrns?

Thalion bowed and asked the Norn leader to step a bit away from Sküld and her mother so that they cannot hear them:

"Mistress Åsa, two of our friends were devoured by the demon we fought, and we still feel they are alive and that they can be rescued. Do you perhaps, know of a way to help us bring them back? Or can you at least point us to someone that could know such a thing?"

Edited by -obelix-

Guts dropped a pouch containing 100 gold into Skuld's hands. Guts winked, and said:

"Your share of the loot. Take care. We still have some business to take care of."

Thothwick had been repeatedly looking back over his shoulder on the way to the Nôrn house, to make sure the Dragonlord didn't want Thothwick to return the books he borrowed. Upon seeing the Nôrn house, Thothwick had concluded he was far away to qualify a safe distance. Upon seeing Sküld reunited with her family, Thothwick thought it was best to keep the minor feud the two elder Nôrns were having be private, and suggested an alternative location, in order to give them their peace.

"Shall we make haste to the Ziegfrieds? I feel they would eagerly desire hearing the news of what happened to the later Ms. Ziegfried."

Thalion bowed and asked the Norn leader to step a bit away from Sküld and her mother so that they cannot hear them:

"Mistress Åsa, two of our friends were devoured by the demon we fought, and we still feel they are alive and that they can be rescued. Do you perhaps, know of a way to help us bring them back? Or can you at least point us to someone that could know such a thing?"

heroicanpc-asa.jpg

"Devoured by a demon?! By the Goddess, where on earth did your quest take you? But if your companions were swallowed whole by the demon, then there can still be hope for them. I've been taught that demons are not actually corporeal creatures, but physically connected to the dimension that they originate from. It is entirely possible that your friends were merely transferred to another plane of existence when they went down the demon's throat. Contrary to the common belief, demons are not beings of death, you see, but of the Void. Didn't you meet Oracle Semiramis when you first met with Sküld? I wouldn't be surprised if she had seen this coming, with the powers she possesses. Why don't you go ask her?"

Guts dropped a pouch containing 100 gold into Skuld's hands. Guts winked, and said:

"Your share of the loot. Take care. We still have some business to take care of."

The small altar girl gasps for breath as she takes the pouch of gold. Even her mother cannot help but to stare.

heroicanpc-skuld.jpg

"Ooh, thanks, Mr. Guts! See this, mother? With this much gold, we can move out of the Hovels! But what about the reward I promised you? Let me count, 17.. no, 15 gold..."

Sküld starts picking out coins from the pouch she was just given.

Sküld starts picking out coins from the pouch she was just given.

"That's quite alright, Skuld." Guts laughs. "The fact that you immediately thought about your mother, and then your promised reward shows the kindness in your heart. Spend it wisely."

To the party, Guts explained:

"I'd be happy to give out the gold, to those of you who want it."

Thalion smiled: "As master Guts says, its alright Skuld; you really are a kindhearted girl. :classic: Keep that, listen to your mother and live a happy life in a nicer place."

Afterwords he turned to the party: "Where to next, the Oracle or the Ziegfrieds?"

"I say the Oracle. Although I hope not, there's a distinct possibility we may need the Ziegfrieds to bring our colleagues back, so one trip would be more efficient."

"I say the Oracle. Although I hope not, there's a distinct possibility we may need the Ziegfrieds to bring our colleagues back, so one trip would be more efficient."

"I agree. Of course, we will surely visit both places, but I think a trip to the oracle might be a better first choice. If nothing else, we can at least prepare a little for things to come..."

The journey out felt very brisk. Nerwen was swept along, almost totally consumed by her thoughts.

What if Guts was right, that I seek more than simply the safe return of their friends? But still, I am Cala'quessir, and teaching is deep within. I know myself, as the Mithrandír prescribe. I have given up power before, I do not hold tightly to this world. I know that causes imbalance. But is wanting Namyrra's return trying to hold on too?

Once again on a quest, he took the vocal part as she stood back. Nerwen watched Gut's rough and almost disrespectful dealing with the Dragonlord, then his tender gift to Sküld, gold which he was so loathe to give up for the dragon. Truely the man was a bundle of contradictions. Still, she thought he lacked harmony, balance, as if something was missing from him.

Such thinking drew her back into herself.

and what am I missing? When the book offers everything I ever wanted, what is it that I want? What must I beware a short cut to?

To see Lenwë again? No, he is at peace, I still love him to much to disturb that. To see Harnram rebuilt? But that would deprive the Eoi the joy of their craftsmanship. To lift the burden of the red rage from my orcish blood-brothers? Ah... yes. That would be a noble goal, easily taken.

Åsa's words echoed what she had been taught, she said gently.

Thank you for speaking aloud the hope I carried. We should, indeed, go quickly to the oracle. Thank you again.

Nerwen knew she was not the strongest, nor hardiest, and certainly not the most charismatic, unlike Guts who could smoothly charm when he wanted. But she rankled at having her words dismissed, her contribution to the group belittled. Speaking to Guts she said

Let us go to the oracle. Perhaps she can help you quell the screams of memory and see the path clearly. Say now though, that you will abide by her words if she tells you for your own good to give up the book. I do so swear myself.

After the underground fortress, Hybros suddenly found himself in front of Skuld's home, where the quest began. The journey upwards was a blur, and his mind was set on both Namyrra and William, as well as the voices withing the Pheles Rod and Zoot's Reaper. That of the latter has ceased, but Mephisto's voice continued to ring out from the Rod, harassing him.

"FRET NOT, YOU HAVE BANISHED ME BACK TO AZAZOT WELL ENOUGH. YOUR 'FRIENDS' I LEFT THERE, BUT NOT QUITE IN THEIR CORPOREAL STATE, I MUST ADMIT. CONSULT THE PANDEMONICON IF YOU WISH TO GET THEM BACK. BUT REMEMBER WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT ZIEGFRIED WOMAN. THE BLACK GRIMOIRE CAN EASILY LURE YOU OVER THE EDGE IF YOU'RE NOT CAREFUL. I WONDER WHICH WILL WIN, CURIOSITY OR FEAR?"

"Who is the Pandemonicon?! Where do I find it?! Arrrghhh!"

'Black grimoire?' he wondered. But he didn't ask, there were more pressing matters..

A veteran, an orc leader, the dragon... Hybros didn't even know where he was or who he was with anymore. He was completely contained by Mephisto's presence in his head.

Let us go to the oracle. Perhaps she can help you quell the screams of memory and see the path clearly. Say now though, that you will abide by her words if she tells you for your own good to give up the book. I do so swear myself.

"Sure. But keep in mind so far only half of her prophecies has come true. And also know you are not the only one that knows elvish."

"Sure. But keep in mind so far only half of her prophecies has come true. And also know you are not the only one that knows elvish."

which half do you mean? I have not yet faced a choice, and you as yet, have not put anyone above yourself.

I know that I am not the only one who can read elvish. But I also know you cannot.

which half do you mean? I have not yet faced a choice, and you as yet, have not put anyone above yourself.

I know that I am not the only one who can read elvish. But I also know you cannot.

"I doubt he can read at all" Benji snorted

heroicanpc-skuld.jpg

"Well, I guess this is goodbye, then. I really hope you can get Miss Namyrra and Mr. William back, otherwise I will feel about it forever and ever. But thank you so much for helping me find Shaun, anyway! If there's ever anything I can do for you, just let me know. You know where to find me."

heroicanpc-asa.jpg

"Yes, since you helped one of us, we Nôrns all owe you. Ever since we set shore to this island, we have received nothing but disrespect and scorn towards us. But things will be better for us, from now on."

With that, the heroes had to say goodbye once again, this time to the gentle little girl they helped out. Little Sküld made a lasting effect to each of their hearts.

heroicaquest44-nornhouse5.jpg

They backtracked to the square with the Shrine of Fabula Sibylla, and saw Oracle Semiramis herself waiting for them on top of the stairs, smiling mysteriously.

heroicaquest44-shrine3.jpg

Then the door to the shrine opened, and out stepped two very familiar people. Namyrra Uq and William Harkenshire looked pale and disoriented, but otherwise unharmed, as they stood beside the Oracle. The other heroes couldn't believe their eyes - how had the two lost heroes ended up at the shrine?

heroicanpc-oraclesemiramis.jpg

"A pleasant surprise, yes? I just couldn't help meddling with the events, but when demons are involved, I just cannot remain neutral about my visions. How did I find these two, you now ask. I will spare you the details, but having seen their fate before-hand, all I needed to do was to lift the curtain between our realm and the void they had been sent to, and call them out. It is a talent I had to learn when demons invaded my old homeland, Azzurat. But that's enough about me. Heroes, I must warn you: your encounter with the archdemon was only the beginning of darkening times. Heroica needs to stay united, no matter what comes. Otherwise it will fall, just as the Zootists declare. I will do everything within my power to prevent that, and you must promise you do too. Mr. Holla, you can start by giving that book to Byblos at the Heroica Library. It cannot be destroyed, even if you drop it into the deepest ravine or toss it out in the middle of Crystalline Ocean. It will always find its way back, and even I cannot predict whose hands it will end up in. Keep your enemies close, wouldn't you agree?"

The other heroes greeted Namyrra and William with glee, and reunited once again, the 17 heroes left the shrine behind. But as they turned away from the shrine, they noticed a bearded man staring them from an alley. Cinna remembered seeing him before, during the riots.

heroicaquest44-mysteryman.jpg

When the man saw that the heroes saw him, he fled. Thinking nothing more about it, the party returned to the Hovel Wall, which had already been finished. Dwarven craftsmen were the most efficient builders in the world, after all. Another familiar face was waiting for them at the gate.

heroicaquest44-wall2.jpg

heroicanpc-copperfox.jpg

"Greetings, champions of Heroica!" the Veteran called Copper Fox exclaimed. "Just look what has come of this city: the outer walls are no longer enough, we need walls to separate the citizens from each other. You can take this coming from a former inhabitant of the Hovels, but I believe this is preposterous. Back when I was just a street performer called Jacq Altraite, there was still a sense of compassion and good will left in the city, but all that has gone to the wind now. The poor and the oppressed aren't the threat we should be preparing ourselves against, in any case! Although we argue a lot, that is one thing all of us Veterans can agree on. I believe you met all of us during this quest of yours, didn't you? The Falconer, the Sand Queen, the Valkyrie and the Feathered Serpent all had nothing but good things to say about you. We need more men and women like you in this city. Otherwise all of us will share the fate of those poor souls up there."

The Copper Fox pointed up on top of the wall, where there was a row of four pikes with heads on them.

heroicaquest44-wall3.jpg

The four riot leaders had gotten their punishment after all, and now their heads acted as a warning to all residents of the Hovels to remember their place.

heroicanpc-copperfox.jpg

"The six houses are taking extreme measures to ensure their place. Is that something we can accept for much longer, I ask? And on the other hand, if Heroica rises against the houses, what will become of this city? We need to bring balance back into Eubric, we just don't know how yet."

With grim thoughts, the party left the Hovels through the new gate. They lived in a dark era, and it would only get darker from here on out. With the four severed heads hanging above them, it was easy to believe.

heroicaquest44-wall4.jpg

THE QUEST IS SUCCESSFUL!

Now all that remained was to tie some loose ends. Who would join Cinna in order to bring back the remains of Sycamore Ziegfried to her family?

QM Note: You have 24 hours to decide if you want to earn an improved reputation among the Ziegfrieds.

Party:

heroica_1.jpg

Alexander Vandangant (Wedge09)

99 years old elven Ranger

Level 3

Power
: 6
(3+3)

Health
: 8/8
(6+2)

Gold
: 8

Equipment
: Bow (WP: 3)

Inventory
: Spider Leg (WP:8, doubled against flying enemies; spear), Amethyst (
Darkness
), 2 Potions, Venom, Smoke Bomb,
2 Ice Bombs,
Dirt Bomb

assassin_benji.jpg

Benj
i Carvenhall (Flare)

27 years old male half-elven Assassin

Level 22
*Counterstrike*
*Encouraged*
*Hastened*
*Lucky*

Power:
(22+13)

Defense:

Health:
33/33
(6+21+5+1)

Gold:

Equipment:
Demonic Scissors (WP:13,
fire
-elemental, damages two enemies in one turn; daggers)
Tricorne (SP:3), Counterstrike Gloves (After the wearer is struck by a Free Hit they counter with strength equal to their level; handwear)

Inventory:
Crossbow of the Pongcanis (WP: 13;
darkness
ice
light
-elemental)
Horned Hat (SP +1, Power +1, suitable for barbarians and beast warriors; headwear), 7 Grand Potions, Health Core, Remedy, Phoenix Essence, 3 Meads, Nostrum, 2 Venoms, 2 Smoke Bombs, Lightning Bomb, Pickaxe, Bedroll, Shovel, 3 Bones

019.JPG

Sir Christopher Daggerfall (Fred Fred Burger)

27 years old male human Knight

Level 15
*Immune to Weakened, Bound and Slowed*

Power:
(15+11+2+1)

Defense:

Health:
24/24
(10+14)

Gold:

Equipment:
Graive (WP:11, inflicts weakened-effect; halberd)
, Mockthril Shield (SP:4), Pugilist's Gloves (Power +2, protects from weakened-effect), Winged Sandals (Protects from bound- and slowed-effects)

Inventory:
Great Sword (WP:8),
Tricorne (SP:3), Paladin's Armor (unsuitable), 3 Potions, Grand Potion, Health Core, Remedy, Mead, 2 Rums, 2 Smoke Bombs, 2 Fire Bombs, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe

7799445022_26c70f4173_o.jpg

Cinna the Dark (darkdragon)

19 years Female Human Mystic Knight

Level 21
*Immune to
Fire

Power:
(21+15+1+1)

Defense:
(2+1)

Health:
33/33
(5+20+7+1)

Ether:
27/27
(5+20+1+1)

Gold:

Equipment:
Mauryl (WP:15, ranged), Aurora Helmet (SP:2, immune to
fire
), High Heels (Power +1, suitable for women; footwear), Anniversary Medal:Y1 (+1 to all stats per year; accessory)

Inventory:
Healing Staff (WP:5),
Pointy Hat (Max. Ether +2, suitable for mages and clerics; headwear)
, Amethyst (
Darkness
), Topaz (
Lightning
), Opal (
Ice
), Ruby (
Fire
), Scroll of Sleep, 6 Grand Potions, 6 Remedies, Elixir, Phoenix Essence, 4 Meads, 3 Smelling Salts, Soma, 2 Deadly Venoms, Fire Bomb, Bedroll, 3 Bones, Remains of Sycamore Ziegfried (quest item)

De%27kra_and_Kapura.png

De'kra (Tanma)

11 year old "male" "echo" Assassin

Level 19
*Immune to Enamored and Confused*

Power:
(19+7)

Defense:

Health:
30/30
(7+18+5)

Gold:

Equipment:
Kapura (WP:7,
fire
-elemental), Cloak of the Blue Assassin (SP: 1), Heart Locket (Protects from enamored effect and confused effect)

Inventory:
Chiara (WP:7,
lightning
-elemental), Fauxthril Hand Cannon (WP:7), Cloak of the Elven Spy, 7 Potions, 3 Grand Potions, 3 Remedies, 3 Phoenix Essences, 2 Smoke Bombs, Dirt Bomb, Ice Bomb, Bedroll, Pickaxe, Shovel, Magnifying Glass

av-28776.jpg

Dreyrugr (Vash the Stampede)

1000 year old male vampire Rogue

Level 6
*Immune to Sudden Death*

Power:
11 (6+5)

Health:
12/12 (7+5)

Gold:

Equipment:
Shadeaux Dagger (WP:5),
Cobweb Cowl (Grants immunity to sudden death; backwear)

Inventory:
Longsword (WP:3), Remedy, Venom, Smoke Bomb, Bedroll

IMG_2373.JPG

Erik Tyrvarr (Myrddyn)

18 years old male human Barbarian

Level 12½
*Restoration*
*Immune to
Water

Power:
(12+11)

Defense:

Health:
19/19
(8+11)

Gold:

Equipment:
Titanic Axe (WP:11,
earth
-elemental, has 1/6 chances of inflicting petrified-effect; axe),
Barbarian's Boots (Natural Respite>Restoration; footwear), Sharkskin Armor (SP +1, immune to
water
; bodywear)

Inventory:
Voltedge (WP: 13,
lightning
-elemental; greatsword/longsword)
, Spear (WP: 9), Potion, Holy Bomb, 2 Death Progg Claws, 4 Bones

7441682730_7e226292c6_t.jpg

Guts Holla (Scubacarrot)

42 year old male human Raider

Level 21 1/3
*Natural Respite*
*Dance*

Power:
(21+14)
(30 for ranged attacks
(21+9)
)

Health:
34/34
(7+20+7)

Gold:

Equipment:
Fafnir (WP:14,
ice
- and
darkness
-elemental; greatsword), Dancing Shoes (In the turn after a "4" is rolled, the wearer can act twice)

Inventory:
Lifestealer (WP:14,
ice
-elemental, attacks restore 3 health; dagger), Throwing Knife (WP:9, ranged, retrievable,
light
-elemental), 4 Grand Potions, 1 Grand Tonic, 1 Elixir, 6 Remedies, 3 Phoenix Essences, 2 Meads, Nostrum, Smelling Salts, Shovel, Telescope, Bedroll, 3 Mythril Shards (3/4 of a Mythril)

7173335030_b2b9e10fb7_z.jpg

Hybros (JimButcher)

50-year-old male imp Assassin

Level 21 2/3
*Hastened*
*Immune to Cursed*

Power:
(21+15)

Defense:

Health:
33/33
(7+20+5+1)

Gold:

Equipment:
Zoot's Reaper (WP:15,
earth
-elemental), Golden Armor (user is permanently hastened and cursed; bodywear), Blessed Amulet (protects from cursed-effect; accessory)

Inventory:
Pheles Rod (WP:20; grants permanent Aura, doubling the user’s max. health but making all enemy attacks hit the user; staff),
Clock Cog (WP: 14, retrievable), Shuriken of Mercutio (WP:5, retrievable), Throwing Knife (WP:8, retrievable), Throwing Knife (WP:8, retrievable), Banana Bladerang (WP:9, damage all, retrievable), Ancient Throwing Dagger (WP: 8, retrievable), Emerald (
Wood
), 10 Potions, 10 Grand Potions, 5 Remedies, 3 Phoenix Essences, 2 Deadly Venoms, 2 Smoke Bombs, 3 Holy Bombs, 2 Nostrums, 2 Meads, Smelling Salts, Bedroll, Shovel, Skeleton Decoy, Bone

gc5570571444584664818.jpg?width=80&height=75&aspect=fitwithin&padcolor=ffffff&size=thumb

Mizuki Kimura (zakura)

21 years old female human Rogue

Level 12 ½

Power:
(12+10)

Health:
18/18
(7 + 11)

Gold:

Equipment:
Dagger (WP:10)

Inventory:
Sylph Shuriken (WP:12,
wind
- and
light
-elemental; throwing weapon), Potion, Grand Potion, Remedy, Phoenix Essence, 2 Venoms, Deadly Venom, Mead, Nostrum, Smoke Bomb, 2 Holy Bombs, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Telescope, Magic Compass, Magnifying Glass, Cannonball, Death Progg Claw

namyrra_training_hall_avatar.jpg

Namyrra Uq (Quarryman)
***Party Leader***

1337 years old female Fenarian Evoker

Level 22
*Immune to Sealing*

Power
: 34
(22+12)

Defence
: 8
(5+3)

Health
: 29/29
(5+21+3)

Ether
: 33/33
(5+21+1+1+5)

Gold
: 44

Equipment
: Snake Staff (WP:12), Fanged Helm (SP:5, headwear), Robe of the Archmagi (SP:3, Max. Ether +5, immune to Sealing, bodywear)

Inventory
:
Staff of the Necromancer (WP:12; damages undead; +1 level to raised undead; staff),
Bone Staff (WP:3), Amethyst, Opal, Emerald, Topaz, Garnet, Diamond, Ruby, Sapphire, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Sealing, 4 Potions, Tonic, 2 Grand Tonics, 2 Phoenix Essence, Phoenix Incense, 4 Meads, 2 Smelling Salts, 3 Nostrums, Venom, 2 Smoke Bombs, Holy Bomb, Flash Bomb, Bedroll, 3 bones

Spirits
: Battle Angel (
Light
), Xut the Daemon (
Darkness
), Raiju the Raiju (
Lightning
), Ni the Shrubbery (
Wood
), Mark the Ice Cube Tray (
Ice
), Clay Golem (
Earth
), unknown (
Fire
), unknown (
Wind
)

ava-nerwen.jpg

Nerwen Calmcacil (played by Chromeknight) ***Acting Party Leader***

261 year old female elven Cleric

Level 14
*Immune to
Wind

Power:
(14+9)

Defense:

Health:
25/25
(9+13+3)

Ether:
18/18
(5+13)

Gold:

Equipment:
Mourning Star (WP:9, inflicts fragile-effect; mace)
White Cloak (+3 Max health; backwear), Winged Circlet (SP:2, Immune to
Wind
; headwear)

Inventory:
Staff (WP:6,
wood
-elemental),
Hammer (WP: 6), Torch Staff (WP:5,
fire
-elemental; staff), 2 Potions, 3 Elixirs, 4 Remedies, Phoenix Essence, Phoenix Incense, Venom, 2 Ice Bombs, Shovel, Bedroll, Bone

HeroicaRaven-1.png

Raven Ashcroft (Raven Brickroft)

18 years old male human Rogue

Level 3

Power:
(3+6)

Health:
9/9
(7+2)

Gold:

Equipment:
Hollow Dagger (WP: 6, hollow)

Inventory:
Main Gauche (WP: 3), Wrench (WP:3, target’s level -1, throwing weapon), Potion, Elixir, Water Bomb, Lightning Bomb, Venom, Deadly Venom

headressnaga.jpg

Sarick Lanse (Xarrzan)

27 years old male naga Mage

Level 13½

Power:
(13+6+1)

Defense:

Health:
18/18
(5+12+1)

Ether:
18/18
(5+12+1)

Gold:

Equipment:
Dragon's Wrath (WP:6), Gaudy Cloak (Max. Health +1, Max. Ether +1; bodywear)

Inventory:
Healing Staff (WP:5, healing effect), Dragon's Heart (WP: 15,
wind
- and
fire
-elemental, longsword),
Lichen Armour (The wearer’s ether is counted as additional health if health is depleted; suitable to classes with ether; bodywear),
Opal (
Ice
), Topaz (
Lightning
), Sapphire (
Wind
), Tonic, Nostrum, Venom, Water Bomb, Lightning Bomb, Bomb XX, Bedroll, Bone, Mythril Shard (1/4 of a Mythril)

Thalion Dwinlas (-obelix-)

213 years old male elf Mage

Level 5

Power:
(5+10)

Defense: 1

Health:
9/9
(5+4)

Ether:
9/9
(5+4)

Gold:

Equipment:
Shiny Dagger (WP:10), Leather Cap (SP:1, headwear)

Inventory:
Dagger (WP:3), Ruby (
Fire
), Opal (
Ice
) 2 Potions, Fire Bomb, Bedroll

ava-thothwick2.jpg

Thothwick (Professor Flitwick)

44 years old Metasimian Black Knight

Level 20
*Damage Undead*
*Immune to Stunned and
Darkness

Power
: 30
(20+10)
(27 for ranged attacks
(20+8)
)

Defence
: 10

Health
: 35/35
(7+19+9)

Gold
: 200

Equipment
: Sabre (WP:10),
Skull Shield (SP:6; immunity to darkness-elemental damage; suitable to Black Knights only),
Cultist's Hat (regular attacks do damage to undead), Black Knight's Armour (SP:4, protects from stunned-effect, suitable to Black Knights only)

Inventory
: Shuriken (WP:8), Bedroll, Telescope

harkenshire_sig.jpg

William Harkenshire (VolcanicPanik)

Unknown years old male human Ranger

Level 15½
*Hastened*

Power:
(15+5)
(21 from the front row
(15+5+1)
)

Health:
20/20
(6+14)

Gold:

Equipment:
Repeating Crossbow (WP:5, unupgradeable; fire-elemental, permanent hastened), Amulet of the Elven Horse Rider (Power +1 on the front row, doubles movement)

Inventory:
Hand Cannon (WP: 5;
lightning
- and
wood
-elemental), Wave Sword (WP:11, inflicts cursed-effect), Croise Crossbow (WP:11), Lion Knight Shield (SP:4, unsuitable), Pauldrons (SP +2, suitable to knights, dragoons and skirmishers; accessory), Chimera Armor (+2 SP, +2 Health, unsuitable; bodywear), Sapphire (Wind), Remedy, Venom, Mead, Smelling Salts, 2 Smoke Bombs, Fire Bomb, Water Bomb, Elven Bomb, Bomb XX, Bedroll, Magnifying Glass, Shovel, Pickaxe, Skeleton Decoy

"Namyrra! I'm so happy you are alright. I'm glad we could help the children, I do need to take these items to the Ziegfrieds, will you be coming along?"

"Mr. Harkenshire." Said Thothwick, warmly, extending out his hand to welcome him back with a handshake." Will you accompany us to the Ziegfrieds residence? I'm certianly going, they could use some closure."

OOC: In the weekend from tomorrow, I'm not home and therefore I'm not secure to post until Monday.

The continuation of the quest ends before 16 November?? In this case I'd like to continue.

"I'm very happy to see you again and in good condition" says Alexander to Namyrra and William

Edited by Wedge09

"Well guys, I guess you can safely say I feel like crap. Can't remember anything from feeilng Mephisto's jaws closing around me until I woke up here. Oracle, I'm eternally grateful for your help, without you I'd be permanently lost. Thank you."

"Namyrra! I'm so happy you are alright. I'm glad we could help the children, I do need to take these items to the Ziegfrieds, will you be coming along?"

"It's all thanks to the Oracle Cinna dear. And yes, I most certainly will come along with you to meet the Ziegfrieds, I was the one who dealt the final blow to obliterate their family member after all."

"Mistress Namyrra, master William, I am so glad to see that you are alright!" Thalion smailed and bowed slightly to both of them.

Turning to Cinna, Thalion spoke: "Mistress Cinna, I would gladly accompany you to the Ziegfrieds."

Nerwen would have run at Namyrra and hugged her in sheer relief, except that she rarely displayed emotion openly.

As it was she nodded at her and the hapless William.

Speaking to Cinna she said.

I will join you and Namyrra in speaking to the Ziegfrieds. Also, Namyrra, I think this staff would be safest in your hands.

With that, Nerwen gives Namyrra the staff of the necromancer.

Edited by Chromeknight

Guts grinned, knowing he had done the right thing, again.

"I'll not join you to the Ziegfrieds. We can congratulate each other for a job well done. I will bring the book to Byblos, as was declared."

With that, Guts simply wandered off, and it was not before too long, that he was gone in the crowd, and none of the heroes could see him anymore.

Benji tracks down the bearded man, curious as to who he might be.

And yes Benji will help bring back the remains of Sycamore Siegfried.

OOC: In the weekend from tomorrow, I'm not home and therefore I'm not secure to post until Monday.

The continuation of the quest ends before 16 November?? In this case I'd like to continue.

QM Note: You will not be required to make anymore posts after this, you just need to declare if you will accompany Cinna to the Ziegfrieds' house and receive reputation among that faction.

Benji tracks down the bearded man, curious as to who he might be.

Benji is unable to track down the man, since he moved on with the party.