Sandy

Heroica RPG - Quest #44: My Best Friend

"Hm, I'm not about to leave behind two people."

"Agreed. Going back without our friends is not an option. And if finding them means going to that eerie temple, then so be it!"

"I have fought many enemies, but never an archdemon... eheh..." Hybros muttered before looking around for Namyrra and William. He kicked around the bones and dust left behind by Mephisto to look for anything that could help them, then headed over to the entrance with the other heroes. He glanced at the Pheles Rod while Nerwen was picking over the loot, then looked up at Shaun. The boy was slightly taller than himself, and reeked of dead creatures. Hybros wondered briefly about Shaun's origins and how he became undead.

"I suppose we have no choice but to enter. I do not suspect Namyrra and William have found their way back up to the surface, eheh..."

I wish to go into the temple and see if there is some way to return our friends from whatever demonic dimension they were transported to. However, we must sort out the remains of the battle. Now is your chance to speak up for anything that you would like.

i have recieved JimBee's request for the Pheles rod, and Quarryman's for the staff of the necromancer. I will wait 24hrs, that's a fair amount of time, given time zones around he world. Sorry to those who are keen to end the quest and sign up for some of he open ones in the hall. If you are one of those, and you are not fussed by what you'll get, be helpful and say so! (in character, think of it as an role play opportunity).

The items again....

heroicaquest44-phelesrod.jpgPheles Rod - WP:20; grants permanent Aura, doubling the user’s max. health but making all enemy attacks hit the user; staff.

heroica-opal.jpgOpal - allows ice-elemental spells.

heroica-staffofthenecromancer.jpgStaff of the Necromancer - WP:12; damages undead; +1 level to raised undead; staff.

heroica-healthcore.jpgHealth Core - Restores full health when consumed. Causes 50 damage to undead.

heroica-bone.jpgheroica-bone.jpgheroica-bone.jpgheroica-bone.jpg4x Bone - Can be thrown at an enemy to distract them for a turn. Worth 5 gold at magic shops.

heroica-remedy.jpgRemedy – Removes all negative effects from the target.

heroica-skullshield.jpgSkull Shield - SP:6; immunity to dark-elemental damage; suitable to Black Knights only.

heroica-pointyhat.jpgPointy Hat - Max. Ether +2, suitable for mages and clerics; headwear.

heroica-icebomb.jpgIce Bomb - Causes 5 points of ice-elemental damage to all enemies, doubled if the target is weak to ice.

heroica-deadlyvenom.jpgDeadly Venom - Use on a weapon to make it cause the badly poisoned-effect on any enemy it hits for the duration of one battle. A badly poisoned enemy loses 10 health each turn.

heroica-lichenarmour.jpgLichen Armour - The wearer’s ether is counted as additional health if health is depleted; suitable to classes with ether; bodywear.

heroica-graive.jpgGraive - WP:11, inflicts weakened-effect; halberd.

heroica-mourningstar.jpgMourning Star - WP:9, inflicts fragile-effect; mace.

heroica-smokebomb.jpgSmoke Bomb – Allows the party to escape the battle.

heroica-phoenixessence.jpgPhoenix Essence - Revives a fallen ally with full health during a battle.

heroica-elixir.jpgElixir - Restores 50 health and 10 ether to the target and removes all negative effects from the target.

"I would appreciate the Opal gemstone, if nobody objects; since I would like to study it and diversify my spellcasting abilities."

"I have fought many enemies, but never an archdemon... eheh..." Hybros muttered before looking around for Namyrra and William. He kicked around the bones and dust left behind by Mephisto to look for anything that could help them, then headed over to the entrance with the other heroes. He glanced at the Pheles Rod while Nerwen was picking over the loot, then looked up at Shaun. The boy was slightly taller than himself, and reeked of dead creatures. Hybros wondered briefly about Shaun's origins and how he became undead.

Hybros does not find anything in the ground, but his keen impish ears hear distant muttering. He cannot discern the words, but the noise is eery.

"..."

"..."

"..."

IC: De'kra pauses at the discussion of Shaun's natural form, but decides that given the rest of the situation, it was unimportant. Right now the echo didn't see anything in particular that "spoke" to him from the loot, so he remained silent.

"The health core looks nice, if nobody else wants it."

"Im interested in the opal but in case I appreciate also the ice bomb or the deadly venom"

The chatter fluttering around the hall managed to dislodge from his cogitations, and draw his eyes away from the ground where the Demon fell. Some where suggesting Mr. Harkenshire and the Fenarian might still be alive. Others were busy dividing up the spoils from the obliterated followers of Zoot. Thothwick joined the latter group, intending to join the former once he had claimed his reward.

"I feel that shield would be abundantly beneficial in my possession, Mr. Nerwen. Recollect, if you will, our last foray in Dastan, and how much more advantageous the battle could had faired had I had the reinforcement of the shield. Now, if you will, a battle of even more grandiose proportions, wherein I lack a shield, and my comgrades were not as lucky as they were in Dastan. I'm sure neither of us would like to see such a fate unfold into reality, would we, Ms. Nerwen?"

Hybros does not find anything in the ground, but his keen impish ears hear distant muttering. He cannot discern the words, but the noise is eery.

"..."

"..."

"..."

Hybros tries to follow the source of the sound, after putting his word in for the loot. Eyeing the Pheles Rod, he says to Nerwen, "Although I can not use that Rod, it seems to be a good investment, for later eheheh... I would be willing to give back my Cobweb Cowl for it... and perhaps even some gold... heh"

The large rod carried by the demon was heavy. Holding it in her hands Nerwen felt the eyes of the whole party on her. More than that, she felt other eyes, small vermin, insects and other beasties that lived down here. And behind those, a subtly thrumming presence, the attention of powerful entities.

Shaking these thoughts clear, Nerwen spoke.

Only half of you spoke, so I will distribute items now, based on what has been said rather than holding things up. I feel time is important if we are to recover Namyrra and William.

Hybros, your scythe was most helpful in this battle and with the spiders. Take this rod. I know that you cannot use it, perhaps you might find you will in time.

Since you have the demon's weapon, you said you would trade it for the cobweb cowl. Perhaps you might give the cowl to floppy-hatDreyrugr, since he said he would like the Skull shield, but it probably better in [b[Thothwick's[/b] hands. Here take the shield. Hybros, you might also put some gold aside for William if we are able to recover him, he will need it. He can also have the smoke bomb

Nerwen picked up the Necromancer's staff. The power within called to her, but she knew the anguish wrought by denying peace to the dead and refused to take it up.

This staff is evil. I cannot bend it to my will yet, and I will not hand it to anyone else, lest it corrupt them. I will hold the staff for Namyrra who is older than I. She may be able to tame it without falling.

Alexander, you and Thalion wanted the opal. He is a mage, I feel he would make better use of it at the moment. You will get a chance to get other gems in time. So, Thalion, take the Opal. Alexander have the Ice Bomb which you can use and will also do cold damage to your enemies.

Cinna, Sarick, there are a few items here for those who cast spells. so to Cinna the pointy hat, Sarick have the Lichen armour. Feel free to swap if you would both prefer it the othe way around.

Sir Daggerfall, Your shield was invaluable this battle, have the Graive that you requested. I will hang on to the mourning star since noone else can use it or has spoken for it.

As for the last remaining things, Benji, have the Health Core. Guts here is the Remedy. Ninja-girlMizuki can have the Deadly Venom, Erik the four Bones, rogue-boyRaven Ashcroft for you an elixir and De'kra I want you to have this Phoenix Essence since I know heroes falling troubles you, this will help them.

Nerwen looked at Sküld standing close to Shaun of the undead, it seemed that without the necromancer's control he had reverted to whatever personality he had before. Having dispensed the loot, she spoke to him.

Shaun! What is in the temple?

Edited by Chromeknight

Hybros nods thankfully at Nerwen and takes the Pheles Rod. It was indeed heavy, but carrying around his earth-imbued scythe had strengthened the imp, so he was just able to carry it over his back. He then unhooked the Cobweb Cowl from his neck, and held the cloth out for Dreyrugr. "This is for you. May it help you in your future travels, eheh."

He patted his pouch on his hip, which was filled to the brim with gold. Certainly if they ever found their allies, he would make sure they didn't re-enter the hall poor.

QM Note: Chromeknight, even though you only suggested it, it's not your job to ask other players to give up the items or gold they earned just so they can get a better item. If someone wants to give an item to another player, that's between the two of them. Life in Heroica isn't always fair, you know? :tongue:

Shaun! What is in the temple?

heroicanpc-shaun.jpg

"Deeeeemonsh. Asshleeepph..."

QM Note: I'll update the party statistics after work. Please make your preparations and decision where to go by then.

He then unhooked the Cobweb Cowl from his neck, and held the cloth out for Dreyrugr. "This is for you. May it help you in your future travels, eheh."

"Thanks, it was about time I got some new clothes."

Dreyrugr takes the Cowl and puts it on.

QM Note: Chromeknight, even though you only suggested it, it's not your job to ask other players to give up the items or gold they earned just so they can get a better item. If someone wants to give an item to another player, that's between the two of them. Life in Heroica isn't always fair, you know?

JimBee suggested it in PM, I didn't prompt him. But perhaps he understands my thinking and knows how to appeal to me to get what he wants.

heroicanpc-shaun.jpg

"Deeeeemonsh. Asshleeepph..."

Thank you Shaun. Tell me, is this your home? Do you live here?

Guts puts the Remedy in the belt with his other potions and concoctions, the belt was filling up nicely. One thing he liked about Eubric was the ready access to this sort of thing, and all worked as intended, he had not experienced any ill side-effects, by any case.

"Shall we go in? If there's a chance the Fenarian and the ranger are in there, we must look."

Awaiting a response, Guts walked up to the door, ready to open it.

"Thank you Nerwen. I shall put this to good use." With this, Thalion took the Opal and the second he touched it he felt a power surge. He could now cast ice spells and hurt even the fiery monsters that up until now he could not.

"Shall we go in? If there's a chance the Fenarian and the ranger are in there, we must look."

"I am with you master Guts. If there is a chance they are inside we should look."

"Thanks for the core." Benji grunted.

In preparation for enterng the wicked temple, Benji drinks a mead, smellng salt, and nostrum.

"Lets go in and get out as fast as possible." Benji grumbles in a low voice.