Sign in to follow this  
Siercon and Coral

Avalon

**The entire creation below was built without ANY connections.**

7904274878_7e623b9a17.jpg

This was build for the third round of contest where the challenge was to build "outside the box". I was fiddling with a new technique and thought, "What would be more outside the box, than to create an entire lego display without any connections at all"... This was the result :)

This, (I think) is a new building technique which is a mixture of a cardhouse and jenga... just, with legos! :) Very stressful and terrifying to build, as the slightest slip or lean meant catastrophe :P

Here's a close up, and I'll post a video later on tonight of the destruction! :D

7904274500_f4920c9bb4.jpg

Video! Of the take down :)

Hope you guys like it!

Edited by Siercon and Coral

Not up to your usual standards at all. I'm noticing a distinct lack of building techniques...at all. :hmpf_bad:

:laugh: This is one of the most unique creations I've seen made out of LEGO at all. Building completely in trans colors and without any connections at all is so simple, yet so brilliant at the same time, and the result is amazing. Fantastic work. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Edited by CallMePie

You two are amazing! , your epic builds, setting fire to M***B****s and now this default_wacko.gif

keep it up!

I agree completely.

This is one of the most unique creations I've seen made out of LEGO at all. Building completely in trans colors and without any connections at all is so simple, yet so brilliant at the same time, and the result is amazing. Fantastic work. :thumbup: :thumbup:

It's an amazing creation!

unique indeed

you guys are quite the alchemists when it comes to "doing it differently" ... what's in your tea / coffee / coke etc ?!

Edited by Watchman

Very creative use of bricks, and the combination of colours looks stunning! How long did it take you to assemble the build and did you manage on the first try without it collapsing? :laugh:

Now that's a clever idea :look: The trans colors work beautifully, I especially like the look of the water, rocks, beach, towers, well the whole thing! :thumbup:

You should be a surgeon, with steady hands like that. I would definitely have a nervous breakdown trying to build something like this.

Excellent work, and very creative. I like how it doesn't even have a base, instead the studs just lay on the surface of your studio.

Wow! amazing work you guys! :wub: Quite beautiful using the translucent bricks. It's also a lot better than I can do with connections! :grin:

Wow, I'm amazed. Looks totally unlego. But very pretty!

Ps. This moc solves the issue of "how to take large moc apart easily" :thumbup:

Edited by lisqr

it is scary how creative and good you guys are, did you make a deal with the devil or something?

Great job!

You used trans-bricks for this MOC perfectly. And the scattered bricks makes it look as if they are waves. :wink:

Wow...I don't know what to say. This is fantastic! I agree with JimButcher...I probably would've sent the bricks flying. Well done, you two!

This looks fantastic! I do not envy the amount of effirt you had to put in to get that island. I would think the tower was easier with the larger bricks ( maybe not the roof though.) Stunning!

That is simply ridiculous. Did you take lots of Xanax while building this?

I don't plan on attempting this, but it does look neat.

Keep up the great work!

That was great, a total destruction mess.

Is like a sand castle on the beach. :laugh:

Wow, an impressive feat! I could never do anything like that with my stumpy fingers. And not only is the technique innovative, but the end-result is stunningly beautiful as well.

Beautiful work and an interesting approach! That takedown video is very cool. :thumbup: Maybe you are onto something with these videos of destruction - 101 ways to take apart your moc? :laugh: