ZCerberus

Vulcan Hall

In the inner sanctum of Albion lies Vulcan Hall, the manufactures and engineers trade hall.

Many of Avalonia's finest engineers come from the province of Mesodraconem but hone their skills at Vulcan Hall.

With the threat of the Elemental mayhem, the Albion engineers, under the leadership of Alvus Hammerstrong, begin preparations on some siege equipment they hope will help hold the city.

7903104778_a93d112a19_c.jpg

7903104938_aec3010f93_c.jpg

7903105094_1d74f58d62_c.jpg

7903105226_635045a083_c.jpg

7903105400_d1d64e8bee_c.jpg

7903105686_44141c2378_c.jpg

7903105974_cd693ec37c_c.jpg

7903106114_951d202466_c.jpg

7903106466_8751da799c_c.jpg

This build was done in a relatively short amount of time. I have used Tiberium Blue's Technic lift arm technique before, but this was the first time it wasn't significantly covered up.

I want to do a build that felt like a more finished version of "Liberty Inn"

A few more bonus shots on Flickr!

Beautiful MOC :wub: The stone technique works wonderfully and your houses are top-notch. I also like your equipment and workers and the border is great :classic:

Nice addition to albion, lots of cool stuff, but the best has to be your profile brick border

good work!

~Dangerous

Great build, that tower looks very impressive and the outdoor workshop area is excellent! :thumbup:

A great build! :thumbup: I pretty much love everything you have going on but the gables. You can see the stair effect of the roof bricks. Everything else is top of the line and better.

I really like the stonework on the tower and the bottom floors of the side buildings/extensions. It works wonderfully with the upper wooden floors. A very nice build, indeed.

Wow, Z! My jaw drops open every time I see one of your builds!

Technique question (Hah! See what I did there? :laugh:) : How are the details like the window, roof, and corner bits attached/secured to the technic pieces? I'm assuming a half technic pin/half stud configuration, but if so, is it very secure?

Technique question (Hah! See what I did there? :laugh:) : How are the details like the window, roof, and corner bits attached/secured to the technic pieces? I'm assuming a half technic pin/half stud configuration, but if so, is it very secure?

Yes, and not really. One issue with this technique is the lift arm is supposed to be 2 1/2 plates tall, but the taller you go, the less that seems to perfectly apply. I make sure to attach the corners to non-Technic pieces so the build does sit at a level (even number of plates) place. If you say the build in person, there would be little gaps on top of the Technic sections.

I pretty much love everything you have going on but the gables. You can see the stair effect of the roof bricks.

I know you dislike that- you can only see it in one or two places on the build, but I think you are right- it does detract a little. I bet I could fill in under the gable piece on this one and hide it a bit better. The issue comes in with the lattice tiles right below the roof sections- on this build I am not sure there is any lattice stuff right under the eve- so I might be able to adjust some.

beautiful build Z. Lots of great details and I love the brick technique. I also like how you finished the top of the tower from your WIP pic.

Just reminded me to add some brown window frames to my next bricklink order

great job

Really nice moc. What strikes me as really cool is, how someone from the US who does not live among these kind of houses can make such realistic looking mediaeval buildings. Great job Z!! I really like the tower and the overall look of this scene.

Wow Z! That technique is so great! Love all the details like the lanterns, tables etc! So much to look at!

The border is also just wow! Have to try some snotted base soon!

Your photography is really outstandning aswell, tried to do as you have said to take the photos outside but your result have so much crisp in it! :wub:

Great build Z, the houses are really nice with the large amount of windows and two chimneys is also a nice touch. And as said in the Avalonian topic, the cranes are well designed. And it's always nice to see the effort you put in making a nice base for your builds. Only minor thing are the two small windows on the roof they do look a bit weird(unfinished) compared to the rest of the house!

Great build Z, the houses are really nice with the large amount of windows and two chimneys is also a nice touch. And as said in the Avalonian topic, the cranes are well designed. And it's always nice to see the effort you put in making a nice base for your builds. Only minor thing are the two small windows on the roof they do look a bit weird(unfinished) compared to the rest of the house!

About those windows- I agree but I only had a limited number of double convex roof slopes and Bricklink is basically out of them. It looked slightly better with them than without, so I left them in.

Next build will probably use a different technique.

About those windows- I agree but I only had a limited number of double convex roof slopes and Bricklink is basically out of them. It looked slightly better with them than without, so I left them in.

Next build will probably use a different technic.

Ok, justified :wink: I noticed that too, I ordered like 200 a year ago but still need more of those!

I really like the stonework on the tower and the bottom floors of the side buildings/extensions. It works wonderfully with the upper wooden floors. A very nice build, indeed.

I agree with AncientDayz, fantastic stonework. Good attention to deal. I would put this on Cuusoo. I would buy it :)

This is a fantastic build! I love the gabling on the 2nd floor, and the technic brick technique always looks nice. I love all the activity in the yard, and the creative use of pieces with the timber planks and the stone wall along the side.

Beautiful as always!

So many details to look at, I love the action you built in with all the mini-figs, it really brings the scene to life.

There are so many great things to look at, my favorite parts are the double chimney, the pearl gold details, and flower boxes under the windows.

Really beautiful MOC! :thumbup:

Thank you everyone. This is the first MOC where I am really pleased with how the pictures came out- so I hope future MOCs will appear to have this much polish.

Ok, justified :wink: I noticed that too, I ordered like 200 a year ago but still need more of those!

So YOU'RE the one who took them all!

Actually I think DC and I have ordered a bunch as well over the years so we're all to blame. I do have them in dark bluish gray and dark red, but maybe a new technique is needed in general.

blogged on brothers brick once again

Sweet- and Abyssian earlier this week! GoH flexing some muscles!

Just stunning work Z, and beautifully crisp pics too! :thumbup: The stonework and half-timbered upper story look a treat, and all the little details like the sign, the crane and courtyard scene really bring it to life. Regarding the roof windows, i didn't actually notice the unfinished look until it was pointed out, but seeing it now it is quite stark compared to the rest of the build. Maybe a gable like on the ends of the roofline would be an easy way to soften it a bit?

Builds from you are always such a treat - i look forward to your next one! :classic:

Nice job! Reminds me of some of your older MOCs... Also nice use of the roof elements... almost mistook them for tiles.:thumbup: