Si-MOCs

Petraea University

Petraea University Challenge!

7897578658_cd2d197cf2.jpg

In a time before the elemental wars. Before High King Draconius's fathers ruled the throne, there was a great Library at Petraea. The library, it was told, was once the base of Pirate Scholars who pillaged the world for the most valuable treasure - not gold or gems, but knowledge. But as they became the wealthiest knowdegers they realized that stealing knowledge wasn't as effective as producing it. So they set forth to create a place of knowledge - Petraea University!

So come, one come all, build up this university with us!

What

Build parts of the university, build the inside, build the outside? there is no map or plots to fill - only ideas. Ideas for you to build.

Who

Anyone! ... But Kaiphlin first!

As this is located in Kaliphlin's capital - Kaliphlin members will have oppurtunity to build first - till Oct 1st. After which point anyone from any guild is welcome to build! Voting tentatively scheduled Dec1st.

Why?

PRIZES!

I will be offering at least two prize packs (more entries equals more prizes)! Standard voting rules, top builder and top Kaliphlin will each receive prize pack.

If the top builder is from Kaliphlin, the next builder shall receive the prize!

Prize pack:

1) Pharaohs Quest Mummy pack

2) Simon's Surprise stuffed Package Pieces! - handful of useful bricks to help you in your next competition.

Ideas

Current list of ideas you can build - feel free to add or come up with your own ideas:

Class rooms/subjects

- Astronomy

- (Human) Biology

- Economic

- Geology

- Geography

- History

- Languages

- Law

- Magic

- Maths

- Medical

- Music

- Philosophy

- Sciences (Alchemy)

- Sociology

- Warfare

Other important places:

- Bathrooms

- Courtyard

- Dormatories

- Headmaster's room

- Libraries

- Professor's chat room where the professor can chill and drink a nice Kaliphlin wine

- Student's chat rooms where the students can chill and drink a nice Kaliphlin wine

Petraea University MOC Index:

TBD

--

Questions? Ask here!

Edited by Si-MOCs
Date extension!

I would call dibs on building our athletic complex, the Thunderdome, but I don't know if I have the bricks.

So, how are we handling multiple entries? Will we be able to get more free build points for the guild if we enter twice?

Started with my library (although it may turn into a dormitory. . . ), but I might not complete it until I receive my first (!) Bricklink order (being in the southern Hemisphere, that might take a while). Will try to have a WIP photo early next week though. :wink:

Edit: I'd also like to reserve a botanical garden area, if you think it's a good idea - more for out-of-classroom hours and maybe end-of-the-schoolyear picnics?

Edit 2: Is this a men-only university, or are we alowing women scholars as well? (I'll assume the former for now.)

Edit 3: I now have a botanical garden WIP topic up:

8013471037_439d7b7af2.jpg

(click on the picture to go to the topic).

And (to show that I haven't done nothing) below is a picture of teh foundation of my Library. (Yes, I got a bit side tracked when I thought of the garden. It's so much easier to build when you know you really should be building something else! :tongue: )

7984093547_155afced9e.jpg

Edited by Kai NRG

I'm almost done with my Gardens, but I had an idea; how would it be if we gave the university it's own special color, specifically Dark Red (of course, I suppose we could use other colors as well. . .)?

Hey Its October now, can the rest of us join in now? :classic:

Unless the first post has been amended, I would say yes...

I've been spending what little free time I have working on challenge 5 so until I'm done that unfortunately I'm out of this.

Is there any chance that the deadline for this is going to pushed back a bit for everyone?

I know for me with between work, Challenge Five, and LUG duties, I am tapped out of buliding time for this month and I have some ideas I really want to do for this.

Is there any chance that the deadline for this is going to pushed back a bit for everyone?

I know for me with between work, Challenge Five, and LUG duties, I am tapped out of buliding time for this month and I have some ideas I really want to do for this.

Same here. I'm really busy with school, and I'm still trying to get an entry in for this and for Challenge 5.

I got something, but still found no time to take pictures :blush:

Even it is maybe one of my best works... Well, certainly one of the details is :laugh:

Sorry, everyone, I was out of country for a little while... Back now...

Hey Its October now, can the rest of us join in now? :classic:

Yup!

Open season, anyone can help build now.

Same here. I'm really busy with school, and I'm still trying to get an entry in for this and for Challenge 5.

Well... seeing as we don't have many entries, sure we can push this back another month... hopefully we'll get a few more entries and win some fun prizes :)

Here is my first (probably my only but we will see) contribution to the project.

8104698233_84a3460eef_z.jpg

enjoy! topic up soon.

I'll gladly join with an Astronomy tower. Being that this has been pushed a month. I will do my Ch 5 MOC first, so just calling dibs.

Nice work Legonardo!

I love the guy sweeping the sand :rofl:

And the inset hieroglyphs is a nice touch!

--

I look forward to seeing what you'll come up with Penkid!

so is the deadline now October 30? if so I may get another one in :sweet:

Thanks Si!

I thought we agreed on pushing this a month? If it ended this month, I can almost guarantee that MOC is not going to happen, at least within the contest period.

I've now completed the Gardens, take a stroll :grin: : (clicking on the picture takes you to the topic)

8126380174_bbcfe52190.jpg

so is the deadline now October 30? if so I may get another one in :sweet:

Thanks Si!

NO!

The deadline is before Dec 1st.!

So you can get TWO in :wink:

I've now completed the Gardens, take a stroll :grin: : (clicking on the picture takes you to the topic)

Lovely garden... it will be nice to stroll and a nap in. But what's that ominous cloud? dun dun dun :wink:

NO!

The deadline is before Dec 1st.!

So you can get TWO in :wink:

Challenge Accepted! :wink:

I'm not sure how we're doing multiple entries, but here's my library anyway (click-picture-topic):

8169134132_dedac8b63a.jpg

Are we going to have only one entry voted on (in which case I'm actually not sure which one to pick), or will voters vote for all your entries as once? Maybe the best solution would be to list all the entries for voting, and then add up the total votes for each builder (eg. I do two creations, and Legonardo does two, the voting would look like this:

1. Kai NRG A

2. Kai NRG B

3. Legonardo A

4. Legonardo B

(I know that doesn't represent the actual creations even so far, but just as an example). Then, at the end all the votes for me, whether for A or B, would be added together. (I wouldn't want one of my MOC's to detract from the other!), same with Legonardo, and that's how we would determine the winner. Just an idea, you probably already have something in mind, but just in case. :wink: ).

Edit: And what will likely be my last entry... at least for a while! (picture-topic :grin: )

8170524758_1c8d19ba11.jpg

Edited by Kai NRG

I think I'll try to enter this once I'm done with my Challenge V entry, which I should get finished today or tommorrow. :wink:

My build needs to be tweaked. I'll be just a little longer with the pics.

15 more days everyone!

Kai - that printing press is absolutely gorgeous.