RoxYourBlox

Apple Square University

Update (May 10, 2017):

In Aug 2012, I designed and built a Lego building, populating the interior with plant, fish, and frog labs based on my time at the U of MN. Naively making the digital file freely available on the internet for 21 mo from Aug 2012-May 2014, I later established a collaboration with modularsbykristel.com to sell instructions for 29 mo from Jun 2014-Oct 2016, after which MBK closed for business. Sometime in between (I suspect late 2012) the Chinese company Lepin took the file and late 2016 announced they were going to produce my design (with no recognition or compensation for me, obviously). So today, as I fly back from a science conference, I find the first review of the knock-off product. To say the least, it is sickening to be manipulated for others' financial gain, while I work in a field in which one must hold one's self to the highest degree of integrity, with modest compensation relative to the level of stress involved in competition for limited government funds.

Oh, not again! :tongue: That's another fantastic creation from you. The way you used 'brick' bricks is amazing. Using a large quantity can be tricky, but this looks amazing. And a combination with slightly rounded windows adds a new dimension, so the whole building doesn't feell 'blocky'. I really like your style of building, so I hope to see more from you soon! :thumbup:

Magnificent building. Excellent facade structure. Many details. Breathtaking.

This is one impressive building, with a stunning facade. I would not have thought to put blue and black together for a roof, but it works really well on this building.

Wow! This is a brilliant creation! I really like the design and interior, the use of the bay windows and the way it looks very realistic. Well done!

Beautiful work! The curved windows break up the squareness nicely and your colors work wonderfully together :thumbup:

WTF?

Must hide from Hinckley now...

This is truly amazing! Great! I must have a closer look now, but it is awesome! Greatest Modular Building I have seen this year, I think.

Edited by PsyKater

Wow, another stunning example of modular building from you. I think this just might be your best one yet - the shape, the detailing, the colours... it's all great. I'm going to have a closer look over on Flickr later for the close-ups! Well done. You sure know how to do your stuff.

Great modular, the color design is awesome and so is the idea! :thumbup:

Awesome building! It reminds me of the new buildings they are developing at the local college near me, Uconn. It has a great facade and a more modern/urban design. :wub:

It just looks perfect, and the interior is just as great. I hop to see more from you. :classic:

It seems like you really put a lot of effore into this modular and the result is spectacular. There is so much to see and so many details... :sweet: I hope you've got more MOCs coming...

Thank you all for the kind words! :classic: I don't know what to say... Truthfully, I had feelings of dissatisfaction with the final build. Perhaps I was being too harsh in judgment.

That is an amazing building. Just beautiful! The colors used go together great and the details here are glorious. The 'brick' brick columns, that killer roof, the bay windows. Everything! :oh:

This is absolutely stunning. I absolutely wish I could pick this up in a store and add it to my modulars immediately. It's simple but elaborate at the same time. This has a great form with just the right details. Nice work. Very nice.

What an impressive building!

It looks magnificent. Everything looks great but I especially like the narrow high windows above the entrances. They really make the building look authentic.

I like it! The colors used are really wonderfull and probably it's the best use I've seen up to now of the brick with brick pattern.

You should post a picture of a city with all the great buildings you have built :sweet:

Your facade is a real killer! together with the interior, the details are just GREAT! the brick count for this MOC must be mind-boggling!

Sorry for a dampener...how do I go upstairs in your excellent building? cannot find the lift nor the staircase. :wink:

Edited by streifen

HAHA! Love the University "police". More like a SWAT Trooper. Must need soem heavy weaponry to control those rowdy students :tongue: !

Thank you all for the kind words! :classic: I don't know what to say... Truthfully, I had feelings of dissatisfaction with the final build. Perhaps I was being too harsh in judgment.

*huh*

That is gorgeous. The windows, the roofline the interior details. That's just amazing.