Sign in to follow this  
Chorduroy

MOC: My first attempt at a vehicle (helicopter)

Update!!

I incorporated your suggestions and updated the bird. Made the blades longer, reduced the size of the front bottom section and streamlined it into the body, added landing gear, and added tiles to the top of the window frame to make it slightly more smooth. Original pics are followed by the updated version.

Hey all,

Check out my attempt at a chopper. It started out as a loosely interpreted Sea King, but quickly degraded into a "mutt" ... haha!

The five blade propeller technique is not my original idea, but its my favourite part of the build.

Any thoughts/feelings/criticism would be cool!

Trent

7894803140_7bb051698c.jpg

chopper by Chorduroy, on Flickr

8015501707_0b2824f875.jpg

Chopperv2 by Chorduroy, on Flickr

7894802940_e457c6f2c4.jpg

chopper2 by Chorduroy, on Flickr

8015502412_897d774e4c.jpg

Chopperv2c by Chorduroy, on Flickr

Edited by Chorduroy

Looking good so far, great job on the curves :wink: Some suggestions, the propeller blades should really be longer and maybe you could try to fil the gap between the windows and roof with some tiles :thumbup:

Greta job for your first time way better than anything I could come up with :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: the only suggestion I have is that the bottom part of the heli looks kind of off maybe it's too thick or something but overall excellent

Great looking so far 'Chorduroy' though the blades need to be longer like 'Ecclesiastes' suggested as well. :classic:

Brick On Fly On 'Chorduroy' ! :classic:

Excellent suggestions! I agree the blades need to be longer.

The bottom looks too chunky to me too. I really wanted to use those pieces to get the angle, but then the cockpit looks kind of weird sitting on top of it. Might play around with that a bit.

Very good for your first try at a vehicle :thumbup:

I would suggest adding some wheel or such like to the bottom so it can land :wink: