MikeyB

BookII Varlyrio Guild: Homepage (currently not open for new members)

Oh, this is great. I love Venice (I've been there like a week ago) so I dig your entry very much. As unhappy I am with just using the standard cmfigs they are fitting perfectly. It would be a perfect fifth guild and I would love to build there (sooorry Avalonians ;) ). Just think about the possibilities of a "floating" city built in the way we Avalonians do with Albion.. Maybe mermaids or some aquatic species would fit nicely in there, just an idea :)

I really want to thank you as this thing hit me and I'm running around with a lot of ideas right now.. (Though I wont be able to build as I am studying right now) I'm thinking for example of a large harbour like the arsenal in Venice during the renaissance..

Oh, this is great. I love Venice (I've been there like a week ago) so I dig your entry very much. As unhappy I am with just using the standard cmfigs they are fitting perfectly. It would be a perfect fifth guild and I would love to build there (sooorry Avalonians ;) ). Just think about the possibilities of a "floating" city built in the way we Avalonians do with Albion.. Maybe mermaids or some aquatic species would fit nicely in there, just an idea :)

I really want to thank you as this thing hit me and I'm running around with a lot of ideas right now.. (Though I wont be able to build as I am studying right now) I'm thinking for example of a large harbour like the arsenal in Venice during the renaissance..

Thanks Rolli, Glad to be an inspiration. I likely will still build a few MOC along this story line on my own even if I dont win although it might have to wait a couple months. the Floating city is a was the center to the whole idea. As to the CMF being used as is, I typically agree with you and like to switch them up a bit. But I was so excited when I found them and thought the Actor and Conquistador would fit well into this Guild and as they were fresh out of the package I didn't want to modify them too much yet! These soldiers will be the elite guard. the rest army will have my old black morion.

I did think about mermaids but I didn't want to get too much info in the introductory post!

Great guild entry! I could see the Mediterranean influence in your description, which is a nice original idea. I agree that the gold and white work well for the standard, and the CMFs (which you have already used once or twice in your MOCs) work well here. I like your expansion on the different individual scenes, especially the serenading of the lady. You also have some cool building techniques, especially the tower and the balcony. The canals are a great idea! Excellent entry!

Great guild entry! I could see the Mediterranean influence in your description, which is a nice original idea. I agree that the gold and white work well for the standard, and the CMFs (which you have already used once or twice in your MOCs) work well here. I like your expansion on the different individual scenes, especially the serenading of the lady. You also have some cool building techniques, especially the tower and the balcony. The canals are a great idea! Excellent entry!

Thanks Rouge. I found it tough restraining myself to the 20x20 limit! I really wanted to add a second building on the 'Market" side with a bridge over the water but you wouldn't have been able to much of it when I photographed it. I even tried a hinge system to open it up for photography but in the end I just build the one side.

If the guild is chosen, I could see some ornamental walkway bridges over canals with various gondola type boats floating underneath them.

Very nice Mikey! The venetian influence is very obvious and gives the scene an idyllic air. Your use of such gorgeous costumes for the minifigs is a very nice touch too, it really feels like a rich city. Good luck!

:classic:

Congrats on your winning! so people can now join this guild officially? do non- new members (that makes sense right?) old members have to leave their old guild if they are to join Varlyrio?

EDIT: words are so confusing :wacko:

Edited by Legonardo

Congrats on your winning! so people can now join this guild officially? do non- new members (that makes sense right?) old members have to leave their old guild if they are to join Varlyrio?

EDIT: words are so confusing :wacko:

I don't think so. Don't you think it would be a bit unfair (unless Valario were to start off with 1000 or something)? But since Mikey's still part of Avalonia, why whould he get a place in two scoring guilds?

Anyway, Congrats (now I'm going to re-read that story. . .) :classic:

It is my understanding that anyone can build in Varlaryio and still maintain their current guild. I plan on continuing in Avalonia with my character as long as I can do both effectively.

I am working on setting up a community build and/or mini challenge for Varlaryio and have a build I want to started it off with. Love for details in the next week or two.

In the mean time, I will continue to expand upon the background in the first post so people will have even more ideas for builds!

thanks again everyone for the support and look forward to getting the party started!

Mikey

Congrats mikey for winning this, I had really hoped for it!! Plan on me starting a second identity in Valyrio

Congrats mikey for winning this, I had really hoped for it!! Plan on me starting a second identity in Valyrio

Congrats indeed(again :tongue: ). I won't be making a second identity, but I'm sure Elon will visit some day!

And of course de Gothia and Lena will most certain visit as well! Can´t wait for the guidelines are up!

I added some history and more details to the first post.

Start thinking of some ideas for builds!

I wonder what might be better, visiting Varlyrio with a previous character or creating a second new one. What do others thing about this, what was the intention when starting the competition for this new guild? Anyway, I already have some nice ideas growing ...

personally, I think the intention was to have your sigfig visit Varlyrio (meeting with a merchants, adventuring in the Inland Sea, an encounter with pirates off shore, at the wharf or docks or even just on trip to enjoy Varlyrio's capital.) and not to create another character and abandoning your old one. I don't think anyone wants to take away from the existing guilds.

My first build is the Minitry of Trade, i envision a large hall type structure, with a detailed facade and have several merchants meeting.

no, I never ment to abandon my first character, just add another one, but alright, I'll have some of my Mitgardians visiting

no, I never ment to abandon my first character, just add another one, but alright, I'll have some of my Mitgardians visiting

If you want to create a character or two that your sigfig is interacting with and they keep showing up in other builds thats cool. I'm still waiting on some guidance so what ever I have told you might be wrong anyhow!

Mikey, first off, this is phenomenal work... You captured exactly what I was hoping to see in a 5th Guild; kudos to you, friend. :thumbup:

As for the Guild, I would love to help out, if possible. I need a Summer escape from Avalonia, when the time comes around. Since my DeVine Isles of Avalonia are the westernmost point in Avalonia, it should be quite easy to arrive to Varlyrio.

I'm almost done with my first Varlyrio Moc, it'd just be cool to get more information on how to handle this fith guild before I enter it.

Im working with staff to run a contest. It has been agreed in principle but need to work out a couple details before posting the details. Hold on a couple more days. but the basic idea is to build a scene based on daily life in Varlyrio.

Glad your raring to go kabel!

Congrats for the victory Mikey, it is well deserved. :thumbup:

My moc is pretty much done, except for the one or the other minifig. So what do I do?

Hey people, brand new member here.

As a result of that, I have no guild, but I've been a close follower of GoH for sometime now.

Is it at all possible to join this guild, or must I choose one of the big 4?

Thanks in advance guys

Hey people, brand new member here.

As a result of that, I have no guild, but I've been a close follower of GoH for sometime now.

Is it at all possible to join this guild, or must I choose one of the big 4?

Thanks in advance guys

I think this guild is pretty much just for story purposes, you probably have to join one of the others. *cough* like - Kaliphlin *cough* However, Mikey B is running a challenge for this guild, so you'll have plenty of opportunity to build in it! :wink: