Sign in to follow this  
grum64

Filmakers Offering $1000

Hi

Just read this and thought some of you might be interested:

Lego Filmmakers Offering $1000 To People Who Create The Coolest Vehicles

Anyone looking to kill some time who possesses good architecture skills and a healthy appreciation for wacky tasks is in luck. The makers of the new Lego movie have announced a contest asking fans to use the classic blocks to build crazy vehicles. The best designs will receive a thousand bucks and better than average bragging rights in the form of their creations being used in the movie. 

Here’s the only caveat. All of the designs have to look like they started out as another object. So, for example: a car that flies with eighty-six wheels would be out of bounds but a Chase ATM with rockets attached to the back would be product tie-in perfection. You can take a look at directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller explaining everything below… 

For the sake of fairness, there is one division for children and one for teenagers/ adults. The contest is scheduled to end at the beginning of December, and organizers are planning to choose as many winners as they’d like to actually use in the movie. Assumedly, that means they will pick at least one. Unfortunately for Ted Mosby and Barney Stinson, teams of fictional characters cannot apply, no matter how much architectural awesomeness they might have. 

Not sure of the full details but there's more info at www.cinemablend.com

Edited by grum64

Small print:

*VOTING DOES NOT AFFECT THE RESULTS OF THE CONTEST

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void where prohibited by law. Online entry only; Internet connection and Facebook account required. Contest open only to legal residents of the 50 U.S., D.C. or Canada (excluding Quebec), 13+. Entry period begins: 6:00 p.m. PT on 7/11/12; ends at: 12:00 p.m. PT on 12/1/12. ARV of prize: $1,000. Subject to full Official Rules. Sponsor: Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc., 4000 Warner Blvd., Burbank, CA 91522

So not everybody can enter.

Good luck the the US, DC and Canadian citizens here. And why no Quebec, its beautifull there with friendly people.

Small print:

So not everybody can enter.

Good luck the the US, DC and Canadian citizens here. And why no Quebec, its beautifull there with friendly people.

Why not the United Kingdom? Or even the country that LEGO originated from? Typical United States forgetting other countries in the world exist again. :laugh:

<br> And why no Quebec, its beautifull there with friendly people.<br>

I believe it has something to do with Quebec being under a French code of law, as opposed to English common law default_classic.gif

Why not the United Kingdom? Or even the country that LEGO originated from? Typical United States forgetting other countries in the world exist again

I don't think they forgot, I think tt's probably because it's sponsored by the WB entertainment, a subsidiary company of the American multinational multimedia company Time Warner. A world wide contest might be just a little too big for them handle default_look.gifdefault_classic.gif

Edit: I still can't enter... I don't has a MyFace account! I hates Facebook!

Edited by LEGO Guy Bri

Why not the United Kingdom? Or even the country that LEGO originated from? Typical United States forgetting other countries in the world exist again. :laugh:

Agreed! :sadnew: I was going to enter when I read the title.... :cry_sad:

Edited by Darthluke824