Lord Valgor

Imperial Flagship Modifications (10210)

Hey guys, dunno if this is interesting to any of you but I figure'd I would post this.

I recently took some pics of the Mods I made on my Imperial Flagship (10210) and uploaded them to Flickr. Nothing serious, just some minor "tweaks" to make it "better" IMO.

Some things I added/changed:

A Balcony on the back of the Stern Castle

A Crows Nest

Fixed the Explosive SNOTy section

Completely remade the Kitchen

A Rowboat

Swivel-mounted Deck Cannons

Mounted Muskets

Other things

Here is a link to my Flickr Set. Descriptions are with the pictures.

Anyways, I would greatly appreciate any input on my modifications!

Thanks!

I like them, although I don't really know about that crows nest. Maybe put more of a railing or rope or something?

Ya, as I mentioned with the picture the crows nest was something that I think I could do a lot better.

I had quite a few problems with it though, for example I had to "lower it" (why it has two levels) and raise the flag just to make it accessible... That and I was running out of matching pieces too :P

Thanks for your input, I will dabble with those ideas. Anyone else have some suggestions?

Glad you like it for the most part though!

Here's the thing about cannons on swivvle bases.

When you fire a cannon, the recoil is huge. The gun is pushed back with tremendous force, and there was no way to fix it to the deck in a way that won't tear the deck apart the moment it goes off. This is why cannons were placed on those little tracks, so that they had the space to trundle backwards and disappate the energy they had from firing.

Essentially what I'm saying is that when you go into battle the captain's going to be demolishing the roof of his own cabin. Sorry about that.

Here's the thing about cannons on swivvle bases.

When you fire a cannon, the recoil is huge. The gun is pushed back with tremendous force, and there was no way to fix it to the deck in a way that won't tear the deck apart the moment it goes off. This is why cannons were placed on those little tracks, so that they had the space to trundle backwards and disappate the energy they had from firing.

Essentially what I'm saying is that when you go into battle the captain's going to be demolishing the roof of his own cabin. Sorry about that.

Haha, ya that is probably true. But with that idea I was trying to add the front and rear facing cannons that many larger ship of the line's had in those days. The only way to do it in such a small space (that I could think of) was to make them swivel mounted. I also added bracers so that they don't flop around while sailing :P

But I do agree that realistically those would never work, but hey that is what imagination is for :D

You made some amazing improvements! i love the improved gundeck and the balcony!

Thanks! I am particularly proud of the Balcony as it (IMO) compliments the ship. I really should take a picture of the whole ship with all the improvements... I didn't because I ran out of room in my photo area :P

Neat improvements. I love that ship and I look at it quite frequently. I really like the improved kitchen space and the balcony off the back. Typically I don't modify too many official sets, but sometimes it can add a little something extra. I am currently modding the Queen Anne's Revenge to be more similar to the IFS instead of a smaller styled ship.

What did you do to the bow to make it sturdier?

Thanks. Keep up the great work.

Neat improvements. I love that ship and I look at it quite frequently. I really like the improved kitchen space and the balcony off the back. Typically I don't modify too many official sets, but sometimes it can add a little something extra. I am currently modding the Queen Anne's Revenge to be more similar to the IFS instead of a smaller styled ship.

What did you do to the bow to make it sturdier?

Thanks. Keep up the great work.

Thanks!

Lol, I hear ya. Every time I come home (I'm away for college most of the time) I have to take it out and look at it for a few minutes. It is a truly magnificent ship. Also, that sounds really cool about the Queen Anne's, you should definitely post some pics when you get it finished! I have wanted to modify it in some way, but right now I am low on matching pieces I think. I am also working on making my own Skull's Eye Schooner from scratch, so that really cuts into pieces as well.

As for the bow, I mostly just added some pieces that keep the deck portion together, then I connected the bow's keel (not sure what that should be called, anyone know?) to the rest of the ship so that it wouldn't just fall off causing the whole thing to crash. I also think I did something to the two SNOTy sections, but when I took it apart, it didn't look any different. I feel like I remember there being a place to put them, that was like 1 stud away from what the instructions said, that was way more sturdy and didn't mess with the look or how they fit, but I could just be imagining things.

I'll try and add some photos in not too long.

Love the mods, going to have to be a set to purchase, best looking official lego ship, have to talk my son into getting one for Christmas.

Hey guys, dunno if this is interesting to any of you but I figure'd I would post this.

I recently took some pics of the Mods I made on my Imperial Flagship (10210) and uploaded them to Flickr. Nothing serious, just some minor "tweaks" to make it "better" IMO.

Some things I added/changed:

A Balcony on the back of the Stern Castle

A Crows Nest

Fixed the Explosive SNOTy section

Completely remade the Kitchen

A Rowboat

Swivel-mounted Deck Cannons

Mounted Muskets

Other things

Here is a link to my Flickr Set. Descriptions are with the pictures.

Anyways, I would greatly appreciate any input on my modifications!

Thanks!

I'm working on modyfing 10210 myself. I'll take a look, show you my mods later!

Your mods look very interesting. I'll use some of them in my modded version (in LDD)! Thanks for sharing your modifications, they show what you might actually do if you were on a ship like this.