Kerntechniker

[WIP] Landscape

I am very impressed by the stonework on the walls and towers!

Maybe you should come back to the Guilds of Historica? As a citizen of Burrium, I can tell you that your land has migrated, and there is a new capital, but your position as Earl hasn't been voided.

All of us Avalonians would love to see you return!

UPDATE!

It has been a while, but I have been productive :wink: . One remark ahead I used some original LEGO sets and placed them into the landscape. Enjoy.

mittelalter_0152.jpg

mittelalter_0154.jpg

mittelalter_0155.jpg

mittelalter_0151.jpg

C&C is welcome.

... to be continued!

sorry kern, hope I didn't offend you. Guess I had two beers too much into when I posted this. Anyway, this was my first thought when I saw this and it was meant to express my high regards for this awesome layout. Any plans to exhibit it publicly? And, would you be interested in joining me on a trip to Antwerpen in the fall?

It's amazing the detail you can work into a display like this. It looks really good

sorry kern, hope I didn't offend you. Guess I had two beers too much into when I posted this. Anyway, this was my first thought when I saw this and it was meant to express my high regards for this awesome layout. Any plans to exhibit it publicly? And, would you be interested in joining me on a trip to Antwerpen in the fall?

No reason to apologise. I understood it exactly as the positive feedback you have intended to express! I guess once it is finished I will consider to exhibit it, but it is still under construction and a "few details" are missing. :laugh:

Hello,

it has been a long time. Busy real life stuff. But at the End of the year I have been able do get a few more moduls finished. C&C is welcome.

mittelalter_162.jpg

mittelalter_168.jpg

mittelalter_172.jpg

mittelalter_174.jpg

I had not seen your WIP-post before. Now, going through it from start to finish it is amazing to see how this landscape has evolved.

It seems that you have new ambitions to build mountains. That is a brick-consuming activity... Good luck!

UPDATE

I have just updated the forest part between the royal main street and the river.

mittelalter_0185.jpg

mittelalter_0183.jpg

mittelalter_0192.jpg

The final version follows soon.

@richchie

I have no idea how many bricks are in this MOC.

Your MOC looks incredible. And I love your Room :P

BTW. I have a bit bizarre question, as I see you are using Ham salad boxes, are your brick smells like ham ? Cos i'm using same box to store my lego models as I sometimes use to make kimchi and man sometimes I don't know if im plaing with bricks or with kimchi :)

!!UPDATE!!

Yesterday I have finished the rebuild of the forest part between the street and the river. The main intention has been to make it look less bricky and more natural.

Before:

mittelalter_0047.jpg

Now:

mittelalter_0207.jpg

mittelalter_0211.jpg

mittelalter_0215.jpg

mittelalter_0217.jpg

@Stelario

Nice question. Actually your are the first one who ask me. I have cleaned all the ham & salad boxes twice in the dish washer and due to the process it is clean and does not have any smell left. So the bricks are not ham flavoured :wink:.

The next step is to extend and rebuild the montain structure.

UPDATE

Hello folks,

it has been a while, but I have started to rebuild and redesign the eastern river part. I have been unhappy with the look and so I decided to rebuild it. It is not finished yet but it will show the direction.

C&C is welcome

mittelalter_0218.jpg

mittelalter_0223.jpg

mittelalter_0222.jpg

mittelalter_0220.jpg

mittelalter_0219.jpg

My first time seeing this, but wow! The sheer size and detail of it all is great! Looking forward to seeing it completed. Awesome job!

My first time seeing it too, it's breathtaking. The stonework is not overstated and it looks so realistic. Incredible.