Kerntechniker

[WIP] Landscape

K-dude, that last picture is outside the size guidelines for the forum. Please keep them to a max of 800 x 600

Wow, this looks great!

I'm a really big fan of SNOT water. Err, that sounds pretty gross, but still, nice effect. I love the scope of it; what a great project.

Hello,

I am happy to present the latest update of my WIP. Please feel free to push it forward with your Ideas.

mittelalter_0086.jpg

C&C is always welcome.

@Watchman this afternoon I will upload a few huge pictures of this WIP do you have a special wishes of parts you like to see as close ups?

Details are always interesting, but so are wider angled shots of the scene from different angles. Don't hide your light under a bushel, the more photos the better, from every angle !

Thank you for the nice comments. As promised here some detail shots and a close up from the situation right now.

Corner Wall outside

mittelalter_0106.jpg

Corner wall inside

mittelalter_0120.jpg

Total from the shore

mittelalter_0114.jpg

Total view from the knights tournament

mittelalter_0116.jpg

Like always c&c is welcome.

Kerni, this is really great! How much bigger is it going to become and will you ever display it publicly so I can come by and see it for real?

Hi Kabel,

the size of the table fits for up to 6 x 12 Baseplates 32x32 so that's the maximum ;-). And I'll will try to reach it.^^

Maybe I will display it one day. It's build modular so this is possible.

Thank you for your feedback.

Wow, tell me when and where you will display this (if you do) and I'll travell all the way (the few 100 kilometers) from Belgium to that place in Germany to see this in reality!!

This is already looking amazing!

Also great job on the progress, it develops very quickly!

One question, is this supposed to become an Avalonian town when it is finished? :classic: even I am Kaliphlin, I do hope so :classic:

Hi Damaximus,

thank you for your nice comments. I will inform here about displaying the moc (If I do).

To answer your question, right now I have not planned any details about the city. Of course the inspiration has come by guilds of Historica, but due to some serious real life issues there was no time to participate in the last challanges. But your remark let me consider to return.

Hello folks,

please find below the latest pictures showing progress of my landscape.

Total view:

mittelalter_0123.jpg

Round Tower under construction:

mittelalter_0132.jpg

Small Gate:

mittelalter_0139.jpg

C&C is welcome, like always.

all looking extremely good. I really like how you are trying to integrate the round tower into the wall, I may have to do something like this too!

Thank you for comment. I will provide detailed pictures from the round tower once it is finished. I hope it will get the way I want it, but let's see.

Impressive work :classic: the landscape looks really nice and the walls and towers are very realistic.

As kabel said you did a great job incorporating the round tower into the wall :thumbup: Neat joust scene as well and the river in the front looks great. Keep it up :classic:

I'm so jealous of your castle wall... I would like to copy the design but I don't have the bricks to build It :cry_sad: Maybe I can add some walls to my own landscape when I'm more into MOC building and I have some more bricks (and money :grin: )

Edit: Could you post a close-up of the SNOT river corner? It looks very natural, I would like to see more of it.

Edited by Dutchy

Dear all,

thank you for your valuable and polite comments. I just finished the round tower and started to fill the gap in the front.

mittelalter_0147.jpg

mittelalter_0150.jpg

mittelalter_0142.jpg

mittelalter_0143.jpg

And here ist the clos up from the corner river :-)

mittelalter_043.jpg

As always C&C is welcome :wink:

Edited by Kerntechniker

This is exactly what I want to start doing myself. Are you bricklinking for many of your pieces or just buying lots of the "castle" sets? I am just a lowlie collector of a wide variety of stuff but this is something that looks truly spectacular.

@runmymouth

Thank for your compliments, it is a mixture of bricklinking and buying castle sets etc. So it takes time to continue, sometimes. But I am not in a hurry :-).

I really would apreciate to see your creation, once started.