Sign in to follow this  
Ecclesiastes

Eaurios, pearl of the Ocean

1)

Eaurios, pearl of the Ocean

Oceans are dangerous and deep so there aren't many people who are facing them. But if they do, they could reach Eaurios. Suprisingly in the middle of the Ocean east to Mitgardia there is shallow water. When they would succeed to pass the treacherous water and creatures in the shallows they'll find the grand forrests of Eaurios. The giant salt water trees and plants there are magnificant and provide the people everything they need. Like food, wood and even shelter because the trees are hollow. And what the trees can't provide the ocean does!

History

Stories say the citizens from Eaurios came from the oceans further east and that they are descendens of an elvish race. They were seeking treasures but found the forrests instead. They were struck by the beauty of it and decided to stay. Since then Eaurios is a thriving land where people live in harmony with nature. Rarely they visit the coasts of Mitgardia and Nocturnus because what business will they be seeking there when having already found the Pearl of the Ocean.

Trading

Eaurios is famous for their fish markets, merchants from all over Historica come here to buy goods to sell for a good profit in their own guilds.

They also excel in making fishing ships. They often get orders for making ships from Mitgardian fishermen.

Also foreign traders come to buy(or more often steel) the fruits the trees are providing.

Housing

Although most people live inside trees, the bigger cities like Rifidem also have a lot of large wooden build (tree)houses and (tree)fortresses. Only a few live in stone houses near the rocky shallows in the north.

Nature

Although most of Eaurios is shallows and large salt water forrests, there is also a lot of diversity.

Going north you´ll find the rocky coasts. South you´ll find beautifull beaches and on the east coast there´s a magnificent reef. West mainly just shallows.

Guild name: Eaurios

Guild Location: A 10 day swim away from the East coast of Mitgardia

Capital and Ruler: Rifidem ruled by Eshreï Amthibius

Unique characteristics: It is said, the people of Eaurios can swim faster than a man can row. No doubt about that, because they are raised surrounded by water. That also makes them excellent ship builders and fishermen.

2)

Color scheme:

7879332480_6cd840fb95_z.jpg

Military

7879330174_1d4bb7763e_z.jpg

Citizens

3)

Eshreï Amthibius, the leader of Eaurios. She became leader when she was very young. When a sea serpent threatened a village she and her father fought the beast. Unfortunately her father died in the fight but she managed to defeat it. So with her father dead and being only child she became the new leader. The scar on her face still reminds her of it everyday.

(Rumours say Lady Chorian is her sister but it's never confirmed...)

7879327640_b891587591_z.jpg

4)

7879310932_256b282ff5_z.jpg

Overview

7879312850_6f63f0d25b.jpg7879318848_0ccf05b119.jpg

Tree watch/What's for dinner? Dolphin!

7879315158_f9721a9fbb_n.jpg7879316904_bbda5ec14c_n.jpg

Out for some fish/Watching the realm

7879326160_8929c6696c_n.jpg7879321198_0edc0a2537_n.jpg

Interiors

Better photo's: Flickr

Edited by Ecclesiastes

I love it. The colour scheme fits perfect in the area and I like the ninjago torsos for the male civilians.

But where can they get potable water?

Edited by Jacob Nion

But where can they get potable water?

Dew, fruit and collecting rain :wink:

Edited by Ecclesiastes

Great work! The idea is well thought out and the figs are excellent :thumbup:

The vignette is superb as well, I like the curved stairs, multiple docks, and treehouse :classic:

Very nice. What torso do the peasant men have? I don't think I've seen it before...

Great background information and I love the vignette.

Great work, I really love the color scheme, the entire idea is superb! :thumbup:

this is defenitely my best so far. I like the idea, the colorscheme, minifigs, all looking really great. In other words, I won't even try entering ...

Coral queen ;)

...but they are eating dolphins? bah :) even Drow would not do that :)

well, we would :P

great presentation, I love the colors (dirty queen and flerting guy with a bow on a first picture :) Living near the sea, drinking wine and eating fruits, I predict this would be one fertile guild :)

Great stuff! You managed to take a perfect picture; your main pic is Lego catalog worthy; perfect colors, in focus, angles, background, and textures are sharp and glassy. :thumbup:

Thanks for the kind words all!

Very nice. What torso do the peasant men have? I don't think I've seen it before...

Bricklink is your friend: Link

this is defenitely my best so far. I like the idea, the colorscheme, minifigs, all looking really great. In other words, I won't even try entering ...

Thanks, but who knows you can come up with a better idea and we need the builds for the points :wink:

Great stuff! You managed to take a perfect picture; your main pic is Lego catalog worthy; perfect colors, in focus, angles, background, and textures are sharp and glassy. :thumbup:

Well, I did have perfect weather conditions to for making photo's! :sweet:

You have some magic touch when mixing minifig parts togheter! They look great! That torso from Ninjago fits so well in the theme! This is my favourite for sure!

This looks awesome! I like the combination of the color scheme and the water.

You have some magic touch when mixing minifig parts togheter! They look great! That torso from Ninjago fits so well in the theme! This is my favourite for sure!

Thanks, it's actually always the most fun part of building :classic:

This looks great indeed! More trade partners for the A.T.C.! :sweet: If our tradeships can find them of course..

Indeed, but if you do they'll probably like to trade :wink:

Edited by Ecclesiastes

I love this entry! The color scheme works great, and the mini vig adds a great touch to the feel of the guild

I keep coming back to this one to admire it. I love it. I don't even want to post mine now. Really cool looking, and slick. The colors are beautiful. I might have joined this guild instead of Kaliphlin had it been one of the original. (Although I do love our fantastic guild). Just, great job.

Elves of the ocean! I love it. :thumbup: This will be a strong entry in the 5th guild comp for sure!

I never thought that blue colors would work this perfect. Great work! I just think that the tree is a bit too small but despite of this I very much like it's outcome. The dolphin is a great touch!

Nice little tree house. I would love to see this idea in context with other trees around it. Maybe you will expand this scene in the future?

I never thought that blue colors would work this perfect. Great work! I just think that the tree is a bit too small but despite of this I very much like it's outcome. The dolphin is a great touch!

Well, you weren´t allowed to buildthat much bigger :wink:

Nice little tree house. I would love to see this idea in context with other trees around it. Maybe you will expand this scene in the future?

Well, defenitely when I win the challenge. If not I doubt it!

Updated the guild story with more info today!

This is an excellent entry! You've done a great job fleshing out the guild with your description (although is it a 10 day swim by a Eauriosian or by a swimmer from some other guild, because that apparently would make a HUGE difference in distance :tongue: ) and you figs and color scheme are superb, as usual. The MOC is very well done with a lot packed into a little space, and the island and tree meld is presented very well. I have to agree that the dolphin slaughter is a bit harsh. :laugh:

Great job!