pretty cool! disappointing about the pullback sets and the 'poor design quality' of the small sets, although its just your opinion...

Will definitely be getting motocross bike and grand prix racer if some more details or pictures surface..

I dont think pull back motors are considered pure technic, they re more like racers to me. Well i hope the F1 race car is PF!

Saw the 1st half technic lineup this morning in a retailers catalogue, in full glory

to be honest, except the material handler it's a tad disappointing

42000 Grand Prix Racer

42001 Hovercraft - Colour Scheme poor, but it's a £5 set

42002 Mini Backhoe - This looks poor, all functions seemed to be controlled by knobs on the function, knob on the buckets, Looks like a very empty set, just beams to create a rough backhoe shape and thats it, yellow and black in colour as expected.

42003 Action Racecar - basic pull back car, can't remember the colours, small set though, £10 at a guess

42004 Action Race Buggy - basic pull back car, can't remember the colours, small set though, £10 at a guess

42005 Motocross Bike - Something about the length of this model looks wrong, it's orange and black in colour, it might just have been the picture that made it look odd, definately a £20 set

42006 Material Handler - Really good, to be honest, the only set that actually looks like any effort has been put into the design, nice to see the 5 claw grabber is opened and closed from the base of the machine via cogs and axles rather than the usual copout of knob on the grabber or bucket as we have seen so often recently, The claw is actually really well designed and looks tough. Hopefully a £50 set, although no signs of power functions, it had at least 1 large linear actuator.

Roll on 2nd Half!

Paul

Can you tell something more about the grand prix racer?

what's the price of the mini backhoe?

Can't wait for some good pictures. It's almost October and we have blurry nothing...

I looking forward to motocross bike, I like old green bike and bigger and better m. bike will be great.

what's the price of the mini backhoe?

Don't get me wrong, the pricing is my best guess, I'd say looking at the picture, the backhoe should be around £20 - 25 euros The picture made it look like it had about as many functions as this years tractor.

The F1 racer, I thought was one of the small pull back motor sets, if we are expecting a bigger flagship 1st half set, it was not in the retailers catalogue, maybe it will be a TRU or Argos exclusive?

Paul

I look forward to getting both the backhoe and the materiel hander. :wub_drool:

Although I am a bit disappointed at the cab and body of the materiel hander. :sad:

It looks like we have a new digger bucket 12 wide?

And of course those new grab like part on the materiel hander.

Does it look like we have a new mould for the 40 tooth gear on the dirt bike?

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

It looks like we have a new digger bucket 12 wide?

And of course those new grab like part on the materiel hander.

it look's like it

want to get my hands on the the backhoe and handler

Edited by bb15080

I'll go for the material handler and I think, that I'll have some of those moto cross bikes... I need those orange panels!

But sadly there's no PF kit...

Pat

That is looking good. I added the pics to the set info topic.

Like the grand prix racer and the material handler. But the other sets look nice as well.

I think there are new panels on the F1 racer... It looks like they are only two studs wide... Same on the 42011...

The 42004 seems pretty awesome.

Those pictures look really nice. I will most probably buy formula racer, backhoe, motocross and materila handler.

Its interesting how those pictures differ from ones I saw in retailers catalogue. Formula racer is very different, with stickers and many different coloured parts. I like that new version has large white panels and that there are more functions than it was predicted. And I dont like those stickers.

Motocross is the same, backoe also, material handler has different back of main body (better) and even both pull back cars look acceptable now.

So I posted a couple of weeks ago after I saw the images in the retail catalogue, and actually Lego have made the box art look much better than they did in the retailers catalogue which is odd? You would think they would be more appealing images in the retailers catalouge to encourage them to stock the sets?

Paul

So I posted a couple of weeks ago after I saw the images in the retail catalogue, and actually Lego have made the box art look much better than they did in the retailers catalogue which is odd? You would think they would be more appealing images in the retailers catalouge to encourage them to stock the sets?

I don't think there is any intent to make a different version for the retail catalog. Ideally, it would be excatly like the final release. It is more a matter of timing. Since the retailers get a "preview" early, the artwork is not finalized yet. Subsequent revisions improve it to the point that it can be approved by the marketing department. The final version should always be the best.

Pictures from catalogue are at least half year old and I guess that improved everything a bit. They also did not have stickers ready and I guess that thats why they changed side panel colour. It probably goes better with white than original red.

Talking about stickers: I really dont like them and I think that tshi will be my first set without applied stickers.

:sweet: wow love how all sets look very thought-out and well-done. May buy multiple sets this time, f1 and motocross bike being top of the list, and maybe some of the small sets for the interesting panels and nice looks :thumbup:

EDIT: is that a new blue tiny panel I see on the front of the pullback buggy? if so, im really loving the variety of panels and colors!

Edited by z3_2drive

something kind of worrying, none of the sets have flexi axles in them!

this year, there was one set (9394) with flexi axles, and only one length (red 19 long)

I am really quite surprised the F1 car doesn't have any, and all the other sets have the thin pipes, but no flexi axles (which are better IMO)

I hope LEGO isn't ending production of them!

something kind of worrying, none of the sets have flexi axles in them!

this year, there was one set (9394) with flexi axles, and only one length (red 19 long)

I am really quite surprised the F1 car doesn't have any, and all the other sets have the thin pipes, but no flexi axles (which are better IMO)

I hope LEGO isn't ending production of them!

There is some black ones on the hander.

The hover craft has some gray ridged hose.

Edited by Alasdair Ryan