This is a strategic marketing tactic that many companies use. Let me guess, these images leaked out of Germany right? :laugh:

The formula car looks nice but are the tires fatter than normal? Also, the crawler thing is cool but the picture gives very little information (no size indication, nothing. Except for the functions).

The formula car looks nice but are the tires fatter than normal? Also, the crawler thing is cool but the picture gives very little information (no size indication, nothing. Except for the functions).

I think if you take a look at the L.A., the liftarm panels or the tracks you can easy imagine the size.

That F3000 car looks interesting. It reminds me of 8880 B model, it's about the same size.

some random guesses and hopes:

the grand prix racer is 57cm long according to the leaked images, the 2005 Ferrari was 61cm long, so it is definitely the same scale.

I am sure it would have suspension. there is no way they would make a car this big without it!

gear box? maybe. it seems equivalent to 8070, and that had suspension and a gearbox (although not linked to the drivetrain). I hope it has a gearbox, but I wouldn't be too surprised if it doesn't.

could we see the return of the damped supension springs for the opening engine cover like the Silver Champion?

Panels: I am imagining this having a hell of a lot of panels!

I would doubt this would have a motor, unless it is RC like this year's crawler, but that would just be silly. :sceptic: This would mean, unless there are a couple more sets to be revealed, no motors in the first half.

the clawed crawler should be quite cool, I like tracked vehicles. I would like to see the claw controlled from the main body like the motorized excavator. it should definitely be possible.

It would be cool if it had stabilizers controlled through the turntable. I worked at a metal recycling place for a couple of days, and the grabber cranes they had there wrere like that, although they did have wheels instead of tracks. I can't see anything like that on the small image, so maybe it would be something to add on when I get the set. :classic:

The new formula one car really looks like a nice model. I hope it has better panels to cover the switches because the back of the 8070 was terrible.

The new formula one car really looks like a nice model. I hope it has better panels to cover the switches because the back of the 8070 was terrible.

I think they got this flaw covered. A formula car has a very different back - low and open. Behind the rear suspension there is almost nothing, maybe some exhausts and a wing.

And second, maybe it doens't have a batterybox/pf-motor at all.

We will see...

My guess something like the 8043 only smaller... And old panels in new and long awaited colors. And some complete new panels.

Pat

two panels I would like to see are a 3x11 flat panel, and a 5x11x2 long 1/4 oval panel to match the wide panels like the 3x11x2 does for the thin panels.

Currently the only colours that you can get all the panels in are black and red. orange (2 missing), yellow (1 missing) and white (1 missing) are pretty close. (light grey (2 missing) too, by the looks of it)

hopefully we get some of these in 2013 (the last white one at least appears to be in the F1 car)

at least there will be large track wheels in the grabber. I only have four of them from the excavator because I don't yet have the bulldozer.

as for the wheels, they appear to have black rims, so either the silver F1 rims are being released in black, the tyres are the Nitro Menace tyres, or the wheels/tyres are completely new. I kind of hope the last one, although a combination of 1 and 2 would be quite cool (thinner tyres at the front). it will certainly be nice getting more white parts, but PLEASE let there be a blue set!

Can't wait until some better photos are leaked. :-)

at least there will be large track wheels in the grabber. I only have four of them from the excavator because I don't yet have the bulldozer.

You can get them on several sets, although the Excavator is indeed the most recent, and therefore the potentially easiest to find.

Can't wait for the grand pix racer. I assume it's a replica of Mercedes Benz F1 with a scale 1:8. The tyre is very likely from the set Silver Champion in term of size.

it will certainly be nice getting more white parts, but PLEASE let there be a blue set!

I join your opinion - I want BLUE set as well :) and something with more LIME panels and liftarms than 9393.. love the color, but it is rather rare... :sad:

For me the appeal of Technic sets is new parts, with a lesser appeal from new colours of parts I have already.

I don't buy stuff that has the same old parts and no significant building challenge.

Hence Unimog 8110 - pneumatics, orange, 4WD

Crawler 9398 - PF L-motors and Servo motor but nothing new from the 4x4 system, still the same old steering limitations.

Helicopter 9396 - blades for my own flight experiments.

Jet Plane 9394 - aerodynamic panels for my own flight experiments.

Motorbike 8051 - good smooth wheels for road vehicles. I suppose the next one will have off-road tyres as they tend to alternate between a road bike and trial bike.

My favourite car wheels are the ones from the Silver Champion. Steering pivots were closer to the wheels too.

TLG needs new ideas and needs to fund the new Technic parts to hold my interest. I have plenty of the usual parts.

What I really want is more small versatile parts, often 2M or smaller, that allow me to get stuff into tight spaces. These would not cost much and be high production volume. I had to cut down a few to make a 1M axle with bezel for connecting two 0.5M wide half beams together. That's the sort of piece I need. They could just employ me for a couple of years in the parts department, but I'm sure they've already made most of the parts we want in prototype!

Technic sets for me are OK for the model sometimes but are primarily parts packs because the MOC's the thing.

More pneumatics please!

Mark

Can't wait for the grand pix racer. I assume it's a replica of Mercedes Benz F1 with a scale 1:8. The tyre is very likely from the set Silver Champion in term of size.

If I saw correctly its this tires:

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=x1825

on standard wheels (like from 8070).

Racer has no visible suspension, just what is gained from twisting wishbone arms (it could be that there are hidden shock absorber in bosy like in large racers (silver, williams and ferrari), but there are no arrows on the box showing that function.

Functions are: steering wia knob in front of drivers cabin (it could be also connected to main steering wheel, but again, there are no arrows showing that), lifting main body (like in large racers), adjustable rear wing (or just switch for lifting the body) and working V8 motor.

There are no new panels and all large ones are red (at least from what can be seen from the picture). All white ones are smaller type, like in 8071, but htere are many white liftarms and other parts. Body is not so solid as it appears from small picture, but its still very nice design.

On the box it says that power functions can be added. I guess this is for lifting main body.

There is nothing more to add to material handler, since it can all be seen from the picture: a little cunkier and maybe smaller than 8294, arm can be completly operate form the body (complete with claw, which was not the case in previous models)

Motorcycle uses same wheel as 8053, but it has new, very nice motocross tires. If i remember correctly its colour is orange. It has two cylinder V motor (which is strange for motocross bike)

Remaining set is small construction vehicle, but I dont remember any details (I have no interest in that kind of sets).

It is interesting that there is no more sets.I hope there will be more sets, march release for example, that this four.

Last years info was too soon and too unbelievable for most people and it it even generated topics on EB marked "lego will NEVER make Rock Crawler" (sounds stupid today, eh?) and similar.

So, all in appropriate time (to be clear: I dont know anything about 2H except some hints and I didnt even ask for more).

For now: lets enjoy and discuss 1H sets.

Yeah, also will have pictures, 5 digit set number and recomended year for kids.

But these informations are useless :tongue: .

I'm all for any information, I always trust Cwetqo.There are more hearing fans than haters.

Considering these sets are going to be here for the first half, they're pretty cool. However the f1 racer with no suspension will be a let down but I figure that is too much to ask for a 1h set. The handler may be cool. It looks compact and maybe as dense as 8043 (lots of gears!).

Edited by sama

Considiring these sets are going to be here for the first half, they're pretty cool. However the f1 racer with no suspension will be a let down but I figure that is too much to ask for a 1h set. The handler may be cool. It looks compact and maybe as dense as 8043 (lots of gears!).

I donĀ“t think so, if it will be RC it had a lot of gears for the undercarriage trasmision, it will only have gears to operate the arm I think... but everything can be...