WhiteFang

REVIEW: 8833 LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 8

On a scale of 1 to 5  

231 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this entire Series 8?

2. 2. How do you find this review? Do you find it helpful and useful?

• 1 - Very helpful and useful
    • 2 - Somewhat helpful and useful
    • 3 - Little helpful and useful
    • 4 - Not helpful and useful at all
  3. 3. Right now, what is the best released LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series so far?

4. 4. Are you 'still' looking forward to the new images of the LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 9?

• Yes, I can't wait to see the new official designs!
    • Maybe a little bit interested but not really that interested...
    • No, I am getting bored of this theme!

Great review 'Fangy', average series this collection is.....I prefer the blue cheerleader to the red one - blue one is hotter looking ! :devil::laugh:

The best one might be this chap....

7871028786_f0ffbca4ee_o.jpg

A Tudor......Sir Walter Raleigh ? :wink:

I now look forward to series 9....Brick On Collect On ! :wink:

Thanks Masked Builder. I really got no idea about it.

You actually got it pretty much right with American Football. It is basically a variant of what you know as Rugby. Just with a little more in the way of rules, officiating, protective gear and a tendency to try and cut down on the grievous bodily harm that so defines Rugby.

As an American and a Football fan, that figure is kind of one of the weaker ones of the line. It's just missing something. A football instead of the trophy and some printing on the sides of thehelmet would have been a huge improvement.

"I try to read a little to understand why the special use of number 12"

My brother said looking this player as to be Brady, since he plays with number 12. The colours are not perfect though, they should have used red instead of yellow :classic:

And I think it would have been better to use a mascot logo instead of number, as they did for the hockey player. How can anyone make a team from them?

Thanks for the review Whitefang! This series may be a little weak in terms of figures I'm interested in, but your review definitely isn't weak :sweet:

The Actor really is awesome, didn't realise how much detail had gone into him, definitely the highlight of the set. The DJ is cool too, love the torso. The Skier has a nice torso too, and I don't have that hairpiece yet so I'd be keen to get her. Conquistador and the bat is nice too, but there are no real must-haves for me in this series, the previous ones tend to have a couple that I drool over. But it'll always come down to personal preference on things like that.

Keep up the reviews tho man, they are far and away the best representations of the figures, and I find them a great help in deciding which ones I want. So thank you

As an American and a Football fan, that figure is kind of one of the weaker ones of the line. It's just missing something. A football instead of the trophy and some printing on the sides of thehelmet would have been a huge improvement.

I was actually hoping for a 'football'. :blush:

And I think it would have been better to use a mascot logo instead of number, as they did for the hockey player. How can anyone make a team from them?

From what I observe, the numbering is meant to identify the positoning for the players for offense and defence. The coach will have to use these numberings to position their players according to their strategy. I think the mascot or logo might be something small and even smaller than the numberings.

Thanks for the review Whitefang! This series may be a little weak in terms of figures I'm interested in, but your review definitely isn't weak :sweet:

The Actor really is awesome, didn't realise how much detail had gone into him, definitely the highlight of the set. The DJ is cool too, love the torso. The Skier has a nice torso too, and I don't have that hairpiece yet so I'd be keen to get her. Conquistador and the bat is nice too, but there are no real must-haves for me in this series, the previous ones tend to have a couple that I drool over. But it'll always come down to personal preference on things like that.

Keep up the reviews tho man, they are far and away the best representations of the figures, and I find them a great help in deciding which ones I want. So thank you

Glad to know that this review help you out to decide what you really want.

why TLG did a Minifigure in "Tracht"

:sick: :sick: :sick:

Well I kind of like it. Besides what other representation of Germany or any other German speaking country would be better, as well as not cause any problems?

Edited by Inspecter

Great review, thanks! :thumbup: This series is average for me too, the main ones I really want are Santa and the vampire bat. And then there's a couple others too... and wow, looking at your pictures of all the series makes me wish I continued to buy the entire series after it was released! But I stopped that trend and only bought a couple from each series after series 4. :cry_sad:

Amazing review, Whitefang. This set looks great but as you said some minifigures are a let-down, such as the Pirate Captain, but there are also some minifigures that have excellent parts. Overall, this series is okay, but could have been better.

this is my first time to comment on your review.

like the first one, it is very good and the pictures were very detailed. I like to thank you for your continuous review for Minifigures.

I will purchase again this series once i saw it on malls and add it to my Lego Collections

.............. and the snowboarder is the worst and I choose her because she does not come with head gear, hairpiece for boarding?

Either you haven't read the review or haven't seen snow in real life :hmpf:? A snowboarder has ONE snowboard that she/he stand on, a skier has TWO skiis, usually called a pair of skiis.

I just saw that your pirate was your least favorite.... I may be the only board member who has never had a Lego pirate figure in my all my years of collecting. Never knew why I just never happened to pick up any pirate ships so I'm definitely in the minority! He looks nice though I do not know if I would have chosen such a bright red for pirate garb. It reminds me of a joke told in House of Leaves about a sea captain and his red shirt. :wink:

Edited by Fighter of Frizzies

Love the review. On your the topic of the Evil Robots red hand, I'd just like to chime in that I love it. Every time I see lego sci-fi in black and red I immediately think of Spyrius. So what I've been doing is buying the robot in twos and swapping parts to make 2 forms of new spyrius droids.

one has two regular arms and red hands, as well as a standard visorless black helmet, the other has the bucket helmet and 2 clamp arms. Making the original spyrius droid the spy/data gatherer, the black helmeted one the soldier, and the claw handed the heavy armored kill-bots. Now my Galaxy patrol can have a serious fight.

I'm so excited about the Santa figure! The pink printing is disappointing, but I'm mostly interested in the hat anyway. I never had a problem with the pirate cap and the gnome torso, but I'm looking forward to the fur trimmed hat.

I agree with you about the skier minifig being great for the Winter Village. I just wish there had been a double-sided head. She shouldn't wear her goggles while buying baguettes at the bakery.

7871031672_95ba1f0e00_o.jpg

For those who have been collecting the LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series religiously, are you aware that you had actually acquired a full set of Monster Fighters variation? :wink:

Except for the ghost... Though maybe the witch can stand in for the ghost?

Steve

Whitefang's reviews deliver!

This was great. I am glad you pointed out the pink printing flaw on the red torsos for those who didn't know about it. Sad stuff there. I wish the quality was just a tad better on that.

Thank you WhiteFang for the great review. :thumbup::classic:

I'm very happy too with the cmf line, but the only problem I have with it is that I now have less money for the normal sets and must think hard what are my priorities to get.

Sometimes I wished there were only 2 lines a year instead of 3. It would make it easier for me.

Another great review Fangy! :thumbup: :thumbup:

I got my hands on a few of these and I'm far from disappointed. Having said that, I'm not nearly as excited for these as I was for series 7. Those rehashed figs are getting a bit too repetitive, and I wish that their slot in the series would be filled by usable and original figures next wave.

Still can't wait to see Series 9 though... I guess I'm addicted to the thrill and endless possibilities each new reveal brings. :laugh:

A question for you guys:

The review claims the Santa Clause bag appears in the new city sets. Dopes anyone know which sets?

Thanks for this traditional review, WhiteFang, I was expecting this soon. Your detailed photos always show CMF in all their glory and can help with deciding which ones I should get. Seeing Alien Vilainness now, I will propably buy her. I liked her at the very first moment when first photos showed up, because I don't have any Alien Conquest sets and thus non of these aliens. But I realized soon it's a re-hash and doesn't even worth buying. Seeing her now, I've changed my mind. These part are great - beautiful cape, alien head, brain piece, pink minifigure head, slope and some nice printing. :wub: Overall minifigure is nice, too. :blush:

The review claims the Santa Clause bag appears in the new city sets. Does anyone know which sets?

I was wondering too, but I assumed WhiteFang had been mistaken. The number of comments increased a lot over night, so I checked if anyone had asked this already. Someone actually had and WF was really wrong, he meant this part.

My brother said looking this player as to be Brady, since he plays with number 12. The colours are not perfect though, they should have used red instead of yellow :classic:

For American Football teams it is numbers in large type on the front and back of the torso. The team logo is on the sides of the helmet and the shoulders. Hockey is the opposite with the team logo on the chest and the number on the back.

Sigh! and I just opened 6 random packs and got 2 more of these mostly useless figs. :angry:

I know WhiteFang doesn't care for the Pirate Captain. But at least he comes with a few interesting parts. The Football guy is just horrid all around. You can't use the head for anything else because of the eye black. The breastplate all has the same number making team building impossible. The helmet and faceguard is almost interesting, but I really cant think of anything else to do with it. The only use I can see for the figure is as a victim, either as an Ambulance patient for a city MOC or as a slasher type victim in a horror or SciFi MOC.

Edited by Faefrost

Thank you Badger! I am glad this review somehow de-lurks you and I hope you are still lurking around in many LEGO communities and I hope this is the kind of stuff which a community bring cross together to prevent fellow LEGO collectors and fans from slipping into the dark age.

Heh, thanks for the kind works, but don't worry about me! I'm not entering a dark age so much as "you can play with your toys when you finish your work!"-type situation. :wink:

But again, amazing work on this and all your other reviews! As a fig collector and builder, the Collectable Minifigures line is pure gold to me, and I hope I can pick up Series 8 sooner than later!

Hey what color is the blue on the Fairy's legs?

Bricklink's Light Aqua used for Cars's Flo and Series 6 Surgeon's hat.

-Sci

We have always enjoyed reading your reviews on this series... This one is no exception. Thanks for putting this review together!

No trust me, A woman in lederhosen is not really that attractive!

_MG_1878-2%5B1%5D.jpg

:tongue:

I think a female equivalent would be wearing a dirndl, not lederhosen...

1274387311C6PH4A.jpg

I know a few people don't like the new Pirate Captain, but I actually think he's perfect... I need a pirate to go in the brig of my Imperial Flagship, who better than a previous pirate captain?